This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Porto players should work on their anger management. It seems like they get red cards in every second match, unfortunately their defence is sulakh as well, especially thanks to 35-year old Pepe, I have never been a friend of this guy.
      TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
        He was chosen the best striker of the league in December and now in January. Two months in a row and well deserved. We are proud of you Mehdi. The happiness, joy and excitement you bring to us is definitely a great help in dealing with the pandemic stricken football.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
          He was chosen the best striker of the league in December and now in January. Two months in a row and well deserved. We are proud of you Mehdi. The happiness, joy and excitement you bring to us is definitely a great help in dealing with the pandemic stricken football.
          In addition, he's basically the only good thing associated with "Iran" in the news.

Comment

^ Well said. We need more of that!

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by persianallstars View Post
                Porto players should work on their anger management. It seems like they get red cards in every second match, unfortunately their defence is sulakh as well, especially thanks to 35-year old Pepe, I have never been a friend of this guy.
                When your coach has a lack of discipline and anger issues himself it’s no surprise to see these disciplinary issues within the team. We’re talking about a coach who a few weeks ago called a physical altercation between his players in the middle of a freaking match as being a part of the game. That should tell us all we need to know about the frequency of cards of Porto players.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                  I am praying he scores vs juve !
                  The juve game is the game he can really shine cause champions league every one watches and all big clubs watch it

Comment

I have been thinking so much about the Juve game that a few nights ago I had a nightmare that Mehdi got injured before it.

There is no way SC will play 2 strikers against Juve, right? Let's really hope Mehdi is the one to start and he stays healthy for 5 more days.
                    Last edited by _Navid_; 02-12-2021, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                      I have been thinking so much about the Juve game that a few nights ago I had a nightmare that Mehdi got injured before it.

There is no way SC will play 2 strikers against Juve, right? Let's really hope Mehsi is the one to start and he stays healthy for 5 more days.
                      me too
                      no nightmares but ive been quite weary of fatigue and god forbid slight knock of sorts shortly prior that'd keep him sidelined..!

fairly certain he'll get the starting nod regardless of SC opting to line up 1 or 2 strikers ..! i dont see any sense in him not going for his strongest line up all around with Mehdi and Marega partnering uptop ..!! both are hardworking attackers and will often play the first line of defense and retrieve frequently to help the backline anyhow..!!
                      much more than Marega, after Mehdi off course, corona/Tecatito is the next guy that i rate the highest talent in team and a must starter for that match..! w/o him in the lineups Porto offense clearly lags behind in offensive domination even vs tokhmy teams of their league..! he makes a lot happen and increases the golden chances offered to mehdi and other forwards significantly when playing ..!
                      lewis diaz is a dangerous wing forward too but his youthful exuberance on the pitch gets the best of him often, gets tunnel vision frequently and tries to do too much on his own..!! for me he'd be more of a fantastic impact player off the bench vs the old lady..!
                      also Marchesin is definitely should be the starter in between the sticks ..!
                      i havent watched any Juve games of late but i'd imagine that Ronaldo would have himself a field day on the break vs the rather tokhmy Porto defenders who get caught up field way too frequently for my liking ...!?
                      Pepe clearly is clearly well past his prime and too slow to run and react and their wing backs are too attack happy and get caught on break frequently and other CBs look avg at best to me..!
                      it is a 2 legged affair still right ? Overall, Porto are the perennial dark horse of CL in my book and my money is on a Porto upset with mehdi shining in attack and wear himself ragged pressing up front..!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          Can’t wait to see the buttsore reactions of benfica fans on SM after this ..!😅😂
                          They really need to come up with a new excuse (that the same ol repeated Diver memes) in order to dismiss my man’s quality & clearly immense impact in this league’s play of late ..!

Comment

Taremi beats Pedro Porro, Eustáquio and succeeds Sérgio Oliveira

FC Porto striker voted best player in the league in January.

Iranian international footballer Mehdi Taremi (FC Porto) was elected by the coaches of the I Liga as the best player of the month in January, after having been distinguished as the best striker.

In the first month of the year, he scored three goals in four games, which is why he collected 15% of preferences, surpassing Spanish defender Pedro Porro (Sporting), second with 11%, and Canadian international Stephen Eustáquio (Paços de Ferreira), third with 9%.

Taremi succeeds Sérgio Oliveira, teammate in dragons, as the best of the month, having also been chosen as the best striker.

Sporting added, with two Spanish footballers, the prize for best goalkeeper (Adán) and best defense (Porro), while Paços de Ferreira midfielder Bruno Costa was distinguished in the midfield.

Also in Paços is the award for best coach, Pepa, with the II Liga having Marcus (Feirense) and Álvaro Pacheco (Vizela) as best coach as the best player.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13346810.html

Comment

He keeps on impressing us all. Hell even the Portuguese would have never thought an Iranian striker could join their league and shine so vividly in his successive first 2 years.

He was being made fun of and at times the laughing stock of many folks here on PFDC. He proved all his critics wrong on the pitch with his continuous astonishing performances in Portugal.

On a side note, never ever have I seen so many shining stars in European leagues. Particularly strikers man. When was the last time that we had soooooo many amazing strikers playing in decent European teams and impressing so much? Goddammit for the first time ever we’re clueless which strikers and offensive midfielders should be invited to TM.

Even Margot Joon was able to acknowledge this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                                He keeps on impressing us all. Hell even the Portuguese would have never thought an Iranian striker could join their league and shine so vividly in his successive first 2 years.

He was being made fun of and at times the laughing stock of many folks here on PFDC. He proved all his critics wrong on the pitch with his continuous astonishing performances in Portugal.

On a side note, never ever have I seen so many shining stars in European leagues. Particularly strikers man. When was the last time that we had soooooo many amazing strikers playing in decent European teams and impressing so much? Goddammit for the first time ever we’re clueless which strikers and offensive midfielders should be invited to TM.

Even Margot Joon was able to acknowledge this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                To be fair, he has improved immensely. There were a good amount if times that he missed sitters and made questionable decisions, but his finishing touches are now clinical and his vision is outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X