Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s going to be one long and strenuous road to recovery praying for Nanu to get back to full strength ASAP!
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Poor guy got knocked out ! and the ref thought it was not a penalty! Hopefully its nothing serious and he can be back playing in weeks time.

One question tho! How is this not a penalty?

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        Poor guy got knocked out ! and the ref thought it was not a penalty! Hopefully its nothing serious and he can be back playing in weeks time.

One question tho! How is this not a penalty?
        wtf, were they competing in Mortal Kombat? Not only a PK, the GK should've got a straight red.

Comment

It looked like an elbow/shoulder contact as a result of a follow-through after keeper had got to the ball and cleared it first. If so, it's not really a foul, just one of those unfortunate incidents that Nanu pays the price for his bravery for.

Comment

Porto should ask for an official investigation and file a complaint with the responsible bodies in Portugal. The players should be penalized with fines and bans. Referee should be banned for allowing this to happen. Obviously, this was a penalty yet I care more about safety. How a ref could allow a game to get to this point and for something like this to happen. Nanu could have been killed. It has happened before.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

I was watching the live and from what I saw the keeper didn't even get the ball . Also The dude with high kick, pretty sure its a foul and a dangerous play! How did ref didn't wanna see that is a BIG question mark for me.

Originally posted by Taz View Post
              It looked like an elbow/shoulder contact as a result of a follow-through after keeper had got to the ball and cleared it first. If so, it's not really a foul, just one of those unfortunate incidents that Nanu pays the price for his bravery for.
              That move is even locked on Mortal Kombat lol
              Originally posted by mahestan View Post
              wtf, were they competing in Mortal Kombat? Not only a PK, the GK should've got a straight red.

Comment

This is VERY serious. Nanu got knocked out with a direct hit to the head and it was so forceful that his body twisted and he landed awkwardly with his neck bent. I don't think I recall ever seeing an ambulance on the field.

Porto statement on his condition: concussion & spinal cord injury. Is stable & conscious. Currently under hospital observation.

Thoughts and prayers with him and his family.

Comment

Sérgio Conceição post match interview:

Turf: "It's not just that [from Nanu]. There are things that I don't understand in Portuguese football, I don't understand playing on a lawn like that. Then they say it's for both teams. It's for both teams, it's true, but for the who has to take over the game, to look for the result, it's more difficult. You have to have 70 or 80 percent possession of the ball, you have to create chances, it's easier to defend than to attack, it's not the same for both teams, as they say. I don't know how they mark matches on pitches with this quality. There is more possibility of injuries, incredible. "

Arbitration: "We were looking for the result. We thought that scoring the first goal things would be different, Belenenses were defending as they could. We created occasions but we were unable to score a goal. But we were seeing an arbitration as I no longer remember seeing. No I know the extent to which a referee who is under incredible controversy [it was Fábio Veríssimo who gave João Palhinha the yellow card] will beep a game that could be decisive for the title. There are three players in three different situations who should have seen second yellow, one of them - Calila's move with Corona - even brushed the red, it's unbelievable how it doesn't expel him. Why? An arbitrator who comes from a controversy and the Arbitration Council puts him here to arbitrate today. This is inexplicable, regardless of we have to put the ball in and score a goal, but this is revolting, I have the players angry in the dressing room. "

Nanu: "This penalty is a penalty all over the world. Involuntary? But does anyone take voluntary penalties? Does anyone want to take penalties? Involuntary or not, period. Today we were cheated, today we were robbed here."

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13317537.html

Comment

Bravo!

Comment

Taremi: three goals in January and the best championship prize

FC Porto striker awarded by the Players Union.

Mehdi Taremi, FC Porto striker, was elected by the Union of Players as the best of the I League last January.

The Iranian won 18.02% of the preferences, surpassing the Spanish side Pedro Porro (Sporting), with 14.2% of the votes, and Jesús Corona, teammate, with 9.75%.

The Best Player of the month is found through the marks awarded by the three sports newspapers and the choices of a commission appointed by the Union, formed by former players Anselmo Cardoso, João Oliveira Pinto, João Paulo, José Carlos, Rebelo and Tiago Pereira.

Remember, Taremi scored three league goals in that January.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13319994.html

Comment

Comment

Wow I am so glad to see him seemingly ok for the circumstances in street clothes at training.....when he got pulled into the stretcher my heart really ached for the poor guy. So happy to see it’s not nearly as bad as it looked!
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

The importance of Taremi to Porto was shown in this result. The reliance on him to score , or assist or win a penalty can not be argued against. How many important contributions has he already had, also I can’t remember the last time he didn’t have a goal contribution in a game, before this one .

Comment

Mehdi and Carvahal meet again on the field tomorrow vs Braga....and then again 3 days later in the Cup match. Always liked Carvahal.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                                The importance of Taremi to Porto was shown in this result. The reliance on him to score , or assist or win a penalty can not be argued against. How many important contributions has he already had, also I can’t remember the last time he didn’t have a goal contribution in a game, before this one .
                                last game he was clipped in the box twice too and the asshole ref didnt give the spot kick ... the 2nd one was from a vicious header from close range brilliantly parried by keeper and he was about to put away the rebound before he was pushed to the ground and ref whistle play on..!! and off course the ref didnt even give pk on that vicious foul on Nanu in the box ..!

Comment

Working...
                                X