Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see more of Taremi and Evanilson up front together, Porto fans have been shouting for it for a while now.

Comment

Porto fans praising him for his work rate! he is on the best way to get a fan idol!!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Derby de Lisboa starting soon. Hopefully Benfica win and take points of Sporting.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          in general both have got hardly any service. You are mentioning one 1v1 miss lol.

It takes different times for different players to adapt.

Mehrmo was helped by fact he knew english to a decent level. Moghanlou could not even communicate with coaching staff for first months until they found local translator.

But I agree hope both get at least a 4-5 goals between now and end of season
          I quote that miss because it was something easy to score for such player.

Comment

Thanks to Taremi we watched another great football played by a great team Porto. Loved every minute of it.
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

I wish I could understand Portuguese just so I can join in with the Taremi love-In on Twitter.

Comment

So he’s sitting at 11 goals, 9 assists in all competitions out of 25 appearances. Those are crazy numbers especially when you consider the first month or 2 were appearances coming off the bench

They still have at least 20 matches to go this season so he’s basically on track for 20 goals, 20 assists on the season!

Comment

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Comment

Taremi after FC Porto-Rio Ave: "If I have to defend, I defend, why not?"

Taremi spoke to Sport TV at the end of FC Porto-Rio Ave (2-0), from the 16th round of the I Liga

On the game: "We did a great job and we achieved the most important thing, winning. We had many opportunities to score and we played a good game"

Meeting with Rio Ave: "It was important for me, because I had the opportunity to meet my friends again. I had great moments with them, but now I'm at FC Porto, it's different"

Sérgio Conceição asks to help defend: "The mentality of this team is to attack, but also to defend. If I have to defend, I defend, why not?"

Result of the Sporting-Benfica derby: "The most important game was ours, against Rio Ave. The result of the other game does not matter to us. We have to think game by game"

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...medium=twitter

Comment

Any vid of the first goal !?

Comment

A bit cheesy, but I like the spirit NimKat!

Comment

Bottom video with better angle of Mehdi "Superman" Taremi's assist

Comment

Taremi, fa, sol, la, ti, do. The Iranian from Porto wrote the song that gave the Dragons victory

Did you know that the classic “Hound Dog”, by Elvis Presley, or the “Twist and Shout”, by the Beatles, were not created by the stars that made it popular? The first is by a blues singer from the early 1950s called Big Mama Thornton and the second was written by the American R&B group The Notes. What does this have to do with the match counting for the 16th round of the League in which FC Porto and Rio Ave faced each other? The connection is not obvious, but align with the metaphor.

Often in the music world, the one who receives the laurels is not always the one who shines the brightest. There is always a character or group of characters that, in the shadow of the limelight, are laying the foundations for several successes - the Porto striker Mehdi Taremi, in the case of this game that the Porto players won by two to zero, was that figure. He did not score (these honors went to Luiz Diáz and Evanilson) but he was the one who did the most for the success of the last third of the blues and whites, in such a way that the man of the game was considered by the league. But let's get to the story.

Rio Ave and FC Porto reached the opening whistle in two very different ways. The dragons came from a victory against Farense marked by a disagreement between Pepe and Loum (the latter started the game on the bench) and the visiting team presented for the first time after a psychological lash. Miguel Cardoso was returning to the Estádio dos Arcos team bench after having guided this team three years ago. However, on a Lisbon derby day, the attention was all on Alvalade's game: if they won, Porto could be on the point of reaching Sporting (if they lost against Benfica) in the lead. It was perhaps for this very reason that Sérgio Conceição's team pressed the accelerator right from the opening whistle.

Still without Otávio in the opening 11, the Porto team was in full swing, with Taremi, Marega and Luiz Diáz at the front, served by Corona (more out) and Sérgio Oliveira. On the side of Rio Ave, Gelson Dala, Carlos Mané and Ronan formed the offensive trident, much fed by the side Ivo Vieira and Fábio Coentrão.

It did not take Porto any time to settle in the midfield of Rio Ave with strong pressure that stifled the visitors' construction, which will not come back, they were betting on a fast counterattack using the speed of Gelson Dala and Carlos Mané. After five minutes Luiz Diáz appeared in the area and almost an open goal misses a Marega cross. Taremi was less noticeable and was helping to drag the centrals from Rio Ave to Diáz, Marega or Corona appear with danger - as did 'Tecatito' in the sixth minute, before Kieszek denied him the goal.

Even before ten minutes, a busy counterattack from Rio Ave sees Coentrão making a wide pass to Dala, which resulted in Marchesin's first scare, stopped the fast Angolan already inside his wide area. The wings were always the source of Rio Ave's reactions, since Tarantini and Filipe Augusto were more busy trying to block the Porto midfield.

It was necessary to wait for 26 minutes to see another dangerous move, with Sérgio Oliveira making a delightful pass that isolated Diáz in front of Kieszek, who canceled out the South American with a well executed spot. Although less happy to build the attack, Rio Ave was managing to cancel the attacks of Porto, which always had a force of dynamism in Taremi in the front, sometimes to seek behind, sometimes to open holes in the defense. A few minutes before the fall of the curtain in the first half, an insistent move by the Iranian (who makes good use of his athletic build) bounced Luiz Diáz and the home team's first goal. End of the first 45 minutes.

The second half started with a stir on the visitors' side: Francisco Geraldes took the place of Carlos Mané, who was more outdated, and that brought more sparkle and joy to the football of Rio Ave. In the first minutes, the ex-Sporting made it count his technique with a few more explicit involvement moves, but always without great danger. Porto, on the other hand, returned from the dressing room without changes in the eleven but with a different, calmer pace. The pressure continued, but less intense, perhaps already thinking about the calendar.

Gelson Dala woke up Marchesin with a shot that went off to the side, in the 50th minute, and Marega (also not on night), fumbled in the area of Rio Ave in the 60th minute and wasted a dangerous situation. From now on, the pace of the game broke even more. Everything got slower, the substitutions were followed by a catadupa, until at 74 minutes Taremi, again, broke the defense of Rio Ave and gave Evanilson a half goal (he replaced Marega at 66 ′), who only had to pull over. The game could have ended right here: the visitors broke down physically and animically and Porto let their players rest (Zaidu, Sérgio Oliveira, Taremi and Corona left).

All concluded at minute 93 with the whistle of Nuno Almeida to seal delivery of the two points to Porto. Rio Ave, despite having always been inferior, played with the handicap of having a new coach - but even that didn't stop the good potential that Miguel Cardoso has in mind.

https://observador.pt/2021/02/01/tar...C3%9Altimas%29

Comment

Working...
                                X