Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taremi will also miss the cup match vs sporting! In portugal cup matches also count

But anyway he can rest 2-3 games now

Comment

wounder what they say about Mehdi on Porto fans forum. Hope they dont bash him now

Comment

Funny how some people here never seen before in this thread are now banging on about taremi's red card tackle. Taremi played well all his touches were greate. Marega was also great and very effective. That guy was hitting Marega, Corona, Oliveira, Diaz left right centre. But still, hope he uses this off period to rest his legs ready for the rest of the season.
        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
        نگاه میکنید.
        sigpic
        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Overreaction on this forum has been akin to an Indian mom finding out her son didn’t get into medical school. Calm down people. Porto fans still love him btw. Minus the tackle he played great.

Comment

ref let too many reckless challenges go unpunished and elbows and cheap shots were aplently in First half , especially from benfica, he tried to stamp his authority more after the ht but it was bit too late for that and game went to shitt with constant stoppage due to cheap fouls

tbh i was hoping for somebody to floor that dirty playing POS Otemendi ... but not quiet as it all panned out

there certainly was no intent to take him out the way it turned out .... it was more of a Otemendi walking into that challenge than the other way around .... beside the fker got up and carried on playing without any issues... so he certiainly made a big meal of it too...!! i dont think more than 1 match ban will be handed to mehdi for that inadvertent contact ... although it looked more reckless and intentional that it actually was ..!

Comment

well. unfortunate. But another crucial display by him in big match.

He will get a few games rest now. Hopefully porto can continue to win in his absence. But im not so sure. They won 11 games straight with taremi before today (since his sub entrance at min 30 vs portimonense).

Sporting result means as you were before the day started, which is good.

He has cemented his place as their most important player in recent weeks.

Comment

It's all good. He has had an incredible run of games. Like 10 in a row. Let's hope he misses 2 game max as the tackle wasn't intended to harm.
                As long as he starts against Juve I don't care about anything else.
                Last edited by _Navid_; 01-15-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                  It's all good. He has had an incredible run of games. Like 10 in a row. Let's hope he matches 2 game max as the tackle wasn't intended to harm.
                  and he scored the crucial equalizer today! Without that porto would be fucked right now!

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                    It's all good. He has had an incredible run of games. Like 10 in a row. Let's hope he matches 2 game max as the tackle wasn't intended to harm.
                    yea man .... true that...!! especially the Bold

tbh, he coulda used a well deserved short rest ... he was running himself ragged these past few games and could use a breather ... i was actually much worried about him getting an injury in this game or next which coulda easily had a serious set back to his suddenly surging career path... especially a nasty one that could sideline him for CL and god forbid TM WCQ run of games coming up in few months..!

Comment

This was a VERY heated match. Even SC and JJ were having words and were in each others' faces.

Comment

of all the teams we have our boys on I have the most respect and admiration for porto.

They really fight like lions despite whatever technical shortcomings (pretty minimal in comparison to other teams our players are on) they might have at times, play attractive football, have some great players (although not perfect), but most importantly a real spirit of togetherness + will to win.

I feel like coach and team would run thru brick wall for our boy and vice versa. They got his back. There is really something to be said for playing in these historic clubs, it instills a natural gheyrat + responsibility in the players and staff. Compare to brighton and zenit, nobody could give a rats ass about their performance half the time, from manager to players.

Not to mention a smart fan base that understands football. When I compare to brighton fans or even zenit/russian media analyses i just laugh.

Comment

I only got to see the first half so missed the red so can’t comment on it.

First half was so well contested from both teams , Porto came out all guns blazing and then Benfica were brilliant , looked a much better team than they did in the Super Cup match.
                          I thought the Porto Wong backs struggled in the first half.
                          Marega looked the best he had in a couple of months , was impressed by him (also nice deflection for Mehdi’s goal and fair play he wasn’t trying to steal his thunder)
                          Loved Mehdi’s celebration.
                          Benfica defence were leaving some sly digs in.

Comment

With no consistent track record of yellow and certainly red cards and demonstration of being an aggressive or dirty player, this tackle must definitely be judged as “out of character”. This on its own should drive minimum post-red punishment.

Critical post-match refereeing analysis should also be a driver. 5 minutes before he sent Taremi off, I said to my friend, the ref has lost control of the match.
                            sigpic
                            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Golefarsi View Post
                              wounder what they say about Mehdi on Porto fans forum. Hope they dont bash him now
                              Naw, they love/defend him more than Team Melli fans. Many are saying the red card was deserved, but they're upset at the ref for not sending off two (2) Benfica players earlier. A few of their fans even applauded Mehdi for the foul . This is a heated rivalry.
                              Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              of all the teams we have our boys on I have the most respect and admiration for porto.
                              They really fight like lions despite whatever technical shortcomings (pretty minimal in comparison to other teams our players are on) they might have at times, play attractive football, have some great players (although not perfect), but most importantly a real spirit of togetherness + will to win.
                              I feel like coach and team would run thru brick wall for our boy and vice versa. They got his back. There is really something to be said for playing in these historic clubs, it instills a natural gheyrat + responsibility in the players and staff. Compare to brighton and zenit, nobody could give a rats ass about their performance half the time, from manager to players.
                              Not to mention a smart fan base that understands football. When I compare to brighton fans or even zenit/russian media analyses i just laugh.
                              Spot on, agreed 100% on all of your points. I really love their fans, they are awesome, smart, protective, intuitive.

Comparing Porto to Brighton is like comparing a Benz to a Peykan. Brighton fans would be throwing a fit if one of their players got sent off vs their heated rival Crystal Palace (lolz). Porto fans, on the other hand, are defending Mehdi, and this rivalry is 100x more important.

Comment

Classy quick apology by mehdi.

"I apologize immensely to all my colleagues, technical team, all FCP supporters and the referee team for my red card. My intention was to play the ball and never injure the Benfica player. I feel enormous sadness right now,"

All the comments under are positive and loving. Here are just a few...

It happens, it's part of it. Ball forward.

I'm just sorry because it didn't hit the knee of that bastard Argentine

You do not need to say sorry! Keep going scorer!

Lift your head Taremi. It's a game that happens in football, you don't have to apologize much less to the referee's bald head and Otamendi's traitor. It is a pity that he did not leave the stretcher. We are together my boy.

We are all with you! They are bids that happen is football! And there's no need to apologize, Force ace!

You don't have to justify anything. Just give everything on the field. We are with you. Focus on the next game

You don't have to apologize ... We have to thank you! ممنون طارمی!

He takes 6 goals in the last 5 games, adding to the excellent displays he has had. It is not too much to praise the importance that this player has in our team, a true striker. Today he was unlucky, he was expelled and well expelled, but it does not erase the good performance he had, one more.Flexed biceps

You get the idea...This is how true fans respond who recognize how incredible hes been. Some responses on this forum and by iranians on social media in general are so out of touch, its almost like some sit in corners waiting for our best to fail.

Comment

Working...
                                X