Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didnt watch the game, but weird he didnt get any minutes, they were already through?.

Comment

Porto given x126 odds of winning UCL. Place your bets!

Comment

Based on odds/chance alone, Porto likely to face an English team, followed by a German team. Either way, it's an uphill climb for Porto with nothing to lose. SC can be a hero if he plays his cards right. And remember, they have about 2 months from the draw until the match. He can analyze the hell out of their opponent and get this team ready for the clash.

Comment

I actually think they have an ok chance against dortmund, Juve. Probably can push Real for sure. They can also give a defensively suspect chelsea problems as well if the play their cards right.

The thing with porto is we have seen some instability in their game (really good games and really shit games) but for the most part when at full strength they have shown to be no pushovers in CL (pushing city hard in both games, esp 1st half at etihad plus a full game in dragao, plus comprehensive wins in other games). They have tactical variability (can play 5-3-2, 4-3-3, 4-4-2) and good options throughout mid and forward line (Otavio, Tecatito, Diaz, Nakajima, Marega, Taremi Anderson,etc).

I dont see them getting dismantled by any means. If they avoid liverpool, (they cant draw city again), Bayern, PSG then I think they have a fighting chance as underdogs.

Comment

The way football is at the moment and the form of a lot of the teams in their domestic leagues then this is a wide open Champs League. I think Bayern is the one team they would really want to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
              ^ Damn. Porto will have a very tough opponent. The "easiest" would be Dortmund. Other than that, good luck. But I'd say Real Madrid (they haven't looked great and had to win on the last matchday to advance) and maybe even City (Porto put up a good fight against them in the group stages).
              From what I gather they can’t play the team they were just in the group with yet.

Comment

"Seeded teams
                Bayern (GER, Group A)
                Real Madrid (ESP, Group B)
                Manchester City (ENG, C)
                Liverpool (ENG, D)
                Chelsea (ENG, E)
                Borussia Dortmund (GER, F)
                Juventus (ITA, G)
                Paris (FRA, H)

Unseeded teams
                Atlético (ESP, A)
                Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER, B)
                Porto (POR, C)
                Atalanta (ITA, D)
                Sevilla (ESP, E)
                Lazio (ITA, F)
                Barcelona (ESP, G)
                Leipzig (GER, H)

How does the draw work?

-The seeded teams are at home in the second legs.
                -No team can play a club from their UEFA Champions League group or a side from the same national association.
                -Further restrictions will be confirmed before the draw."

This means Porto can go against the following teams:
                Bayern
                Real Madrid
                Liverpool
                Chelsea
                Dortmund
                Juventus
                PSG

Unless the "further restrictions" change something else.
                #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                  "Seeded teams
                  Bayern (GER, Group A)
                  Real Madrid (ESP, Group B)
                  Manchester City (ENG, C)
                  Liverpool (ENG, D)
                  Chelsea (ENG, E)
                  Borussia Dortmund (GER, F)
                  Juventus (ITA, G)
                  Paris (FRA, H)

Unseeded teams
                  Atlético (ESP, A)
                  Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER, B)
                  Porto (POR, C)
                  Atalanta (ITA, D)
                  Sevilla (ESP, E)
                  Lazio (ITA, F)
                  Barcelona (ESP, G)
                  Leipzig (GER, H)

How does the draw work?

-The seeded teams are at home in the second legs.
                  -No team can play a club from their UEFA Champions League group or a side from the same national association.
                  -Further restrictions will be confirmed before the draw."

This means Porto can go against the following teams:
                  Bayern
                  Real Madrid
                  Liverpool
                  Chelsea
                  Dortmund
                  Juventus
                  PSG

Unless the "further restrictions" change something else.
                  Those are all tough matchups but a great experience fit Mehdi. Chelsea would probably be their best chance to advance to QF but still gonna be tough

Comment

Not many times a TM member has a chance to face one of these two. What a cinderella story for Mehdi from Busher! Let's go Mehdi, you go this!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      Not many times a TM member has a chance to face one of these two. What a cinderella story for Mehdi from Busher! Let's go Mehdi, you go this!

I mean unless you consider the fact TM played each of them in the last 2 World cups lol. But yeah would be pretty cool

Comment

dont know what those odds mean really..!!?
                        but from my general recollections porto are probably the Upset kings of CL..!!?
                        They are one of those bogey underdog teams who can shock any supposedly rich and superior club on their way to CL crown, though most often choke at the last hurdle..!!
                        so if i were betting man and odds were good, id be putting some money on them making another cinderella run this CL campaign too..!

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                          I mean unless you consider the fact TM played each of them in the last 2 World cups lol. But yeah would be pretty cool
                          Once every 4 years... based on the WC draw...if we’re lucky to qualify...

Plus Mehdi has never faced Messi.

This is still very special for Mehdi. I wish him the best.

Comment

Comment

Porto has the lowest market value of all the Round of 16 UCL teams. However, they did quite well in the group stage and "ranked" higher (arguably not the best way to rank here, as many teams "below" Porto are more likely to get past the round of 16). Having said that, Porto has one of the best (if not the best) value (ie. outcome per cost) of any of the 16.

Comment

done. 0.005 btc to win 0.755

lets go baby!

Comment

Working...
                                X