This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
    I also think Liv-Ajax is the pick of the games this afternoon. Could be a good game. Liverpool is battered though, and apparently Klopp is really pissed off at everyone and everything. And Ajax is in almost a must-win situation.

I have a feeling we will see Taremi at some point. I hope it is from minute 1. Porto is almost assured of advancing, so he will not risk whom he considers his main league players. So if he plays Taremi from the get go, I think it is actually not a good sign. Will see....
    very unlikely for Mehdi to Start this match.... especially if wasnt afforded a start or more meaningful minutes vs the last Marseille game ..!!
    this is a game where extreme defensive hustle and getting stuck-in is a must to keep City from getting into the flow of the game and dictate tempo and put the game to bed early..!
    and as far as defensive hustle and useless individualistic Khar-dooie is concerned Marega is a more qualified starter between the two and the obvious favored option of SC who is all about getting his players to get stuck-in and run around aimlessly like a bunch headless chickens and hustle nonstop ..!!

now if SC had the balls and wit, he would try to surprise Citay by lining up and more daring and attacking 442 formation and try to take the game to city and go for a win....! then that is just about the only chance Mehdi will get starting nod to partner Marega uptop..!!

Comment

On the bench

Comment

5-4-1/5-2-3 Luis Diaz dropped to bench with taremi. Additional CB (young Leite) included.

Comment

Comment

I feel like Taremi would be so much useful if their plan is just to hit City on the counter. Like others said, expecting 10 trash minutes after Porto is down 3-0

Comment

This game is not that important for Porto. They are virtually assured of advancing. A tie will see them through. Even with a loss, they are still likely to advance.

It is also not that important for MC. They will advance regardless of the result, very likely as the group winner.

Porto will need a big win to advance as the group winner. May be SC will go for it, but I doubt it. For him to manage his league schedule and the CL, he needs to play it safe and not risk injuries and exhaustion. Lets see what happens.
              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

No love between these two managers. Sergio would hate to lose to Pep on his own turf. They will try to win this but can’t see it - MC too good.

With Porto down Taremi is guaranteed to get few minutes. I won’t promise any body parts though.
                sigpic
                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                  This game is not that important for Porto. They are virtually assured of advancing. A tie will see them through. Even with a loss, they are still likely to advance.

It is also not that important for MC. They will advance regardless of the result, very likely as the group winner.

Porto will need a big win to advance as the group winner. May be SC will go for it, but I doubt it. For him to manage his league schedule and the CL, he needs to play it safe and not risk injuries and exhaustion. Lets see what happens.
                  This game is crucial for both teams.

If Porto wins 2-0 they win the group as long as they win the last game. That makes them seeded for the knockout stage.
                  #BanNoorafkan

Comment

0-0 at Half.

Solid enough performance by porto. I thought they were actually more dynamic at etihad in first half, creating many chances and should have been a couple goals to the good. An inability by SC to be proactive and add some new dimensions to their game at Half resulted in city quickly wrestling away momentum and re-establishing dominance in second half. I could see same happening if he doesnt introduce Diaz/Taremi before minute 75 like he typically goes for.

Comment

Any links?

Comment

porto parked the nearly the whole first half, they looked threatening near the end of half when they committed some numbers uptop finally
                        boring game so far
                        Mehdi woulda been the better CF for a chance from a swift counter if porto gonna be playing similarly..!! lets hope SC throws caution to wind later in 2nd half and bring Mehdi on before 80min and go for the win at home and exec revenge..!!

Comment

louis diaz coming in for Porto
                          so i guess mehdi wont be getting any minutes today ? but perhaps few trash ones?

Comment

Marega has done Jack for Porto tonight.
                            sigpic
                            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                              Marega has done Jack for Porto tonight.
                              yep
                              being subbed out but not for Mehdi
                              2 more subs for porto no mehdi
                              fk SC

Comment