Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. They have their first home win in a long time (I think more than 10 games) and people are falling all over themselves to praise BHA. At least wait till they put together two good games in a row before hyperventilating. Still in 17th place. If it was not for a few shittier teams, they’d be lower.

On a larger note, poor English football, being dominated by foreign coaches is hoping against hope that some decent English coaches emerge. Good luck to them. But they need a lot of luck.
    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
      Ok. They have their first home win in a long time (I think more than 10 games) and people are falling all over themselves to praise BHA. At least wait till they put together two good games in a row before hyperventilating. Still in 17th place. If it was not for a few shittier teams, they’d be lower.

On a larger note, poor English football, being dominated by foreign coaches is hoping against hope that some decent English coaches emerge. Good luck to them. But they need a lot of luck.
      Not quite fair to dismiss their win. First of all, they have been having a decent run in their last 6 games... 3 wins, two tie and a 1-0 loss to Man City. Second of all, Brighton's budget is far smaller than teams like Spurs, so it is quite a feat to beat them, much less to dominate them like they did today. I am not sure what Brighton's budget is but I bet it is in the bottom third of Premier league. So, in my opinion, you shouldn't wait for Brighton to win the Premier league before you start giving them some credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
        Not quite fair to dismiss their win. First of all, they have been having a decent run in their last 6 games... 3 wins, two tie and a 1-0 loss to Man City. Second of all, Brighton's budget is far smaller than teams like Spurs, so it is quite a feat to beat them, much less to dominate them like they did today. I am not sure what Brighton's budget is but I bet it is in the bottom third of Premier league. So, in my opinion, you shouldn't wait for Brighton to win the Premier league before you start giving them some credit.
        No we should not wait till BHA wins premier league before giving Potter credit. But we should expect him to do better than the coach who was fired over poor results. Up to now, he has not.

Numbers don't lie. They are still in 17th place. Only 4 wins in this season. Only 5 wins in all of 2020. Only second home win in 20 games!! They have a long way to go. This frenzy after a rare win reminds me of when BHA beat NewCastle at the start of the season. People were predicting a top 10 finish.

As for this game, it was more that the Spurs played really poorly than anything else.

May be I am wrong, but this team under this coach is not going much further than where they are.
        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
          No we should not wait till BHA wins premier league before giving Potter credit. But we should expect him to do better than the coach who was fired over poor results. Up to now, he has not.
          Numbers don't lie. They are still in 17th place. Only 4 wins in this season. Only 5 wins in all of 2020. Only second home win in 20 games!! They have a long way to go. This frenzy after a rare win reminds me of when BHA beat NewCastle at the start of the season. People were predicting a top 10 finish.
          As for this game, it was more that the Spurs played really poorly than anything else.
          May be I am wrong, but this team under this coach is not going much further than where they are.
          No one is saying that they are going much higher on the table. I will be shocked if they ended up above the bottom six... But when they play well, I say they played well.
          I disagree with Potter plenty and don't like a lot of things that he does. But today, he had a prepared team and right strategy and players really played well and dominated Spurs. It wasn't a lucky win. They controlled the game and won most of the 50/50 balls. Attached as a team and defended as a team.
          Spurs are fighting for every point as well. It is not like they were having chelo kabab before the game... Every Spur starter knows all it takes is one weak display and they lose their starting position. So they tried hard and if they played poorly, it is because Brighton made them play poorly.
          Brighton has been playing better recently and in my opinion, it is because they are not committed to building from the back and because Potter is settling on a core set of players as his starting 11 and rotates less. MacAllister has been lucky and good. Lucky because Lallana and ARJ were hurt and he was able to get a run or 4 or 5 games and now he has established himself as a starter.

Comment

"MacAllister" doesn't sound like an Argentine name lol.

Comment

Brighton’s last 3 home wins have been in 2021, 2020 and 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                "MacAllister" doesn't sound like an Argentine name lol.
                His brother is called Kevin, brilliant. Parents must be big fans of Home Alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Brighton’s last 3 home wins have been in 2021, 2020 and 2019.
                  I saw that yesterday - two of those wins against Spurs and I think the other is Arsenal , also read that Jose has lost his last three away games at Brighton too.

Comment

Moises Caicedo close to signing for Brighton . He has been in quarantine due to coming from a South American country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55885396

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                      Moises Caicedo close to signing for Brighton . He has been in quarantine due to coming from a South American country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55885396
                      how has one of the biggest south american prospects scouted by man united and other big teams chosen brighton over so many better options [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                        how has one of the biggest south american prospects scouted by man united and other big teams chosen brighton over so many better options [emoji1787]
                        Tricksters!
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Probably lots of third party involvement, get into the team at Brighton and then move within a season and a half to a big club. Definitely something going on with the whole deal though , reminds me of when Tevez and Mascherano went to West Ham.

Comment

He's hardly in the same bracket as Mash and Tevez and Man Utd's record with developing talent is a disgrace so smart decision. Assume it's done with a view to eventually replacing Bissouma.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                              there is always Monitoring ... which is some bs delgarmy blah blah ...
                              then there is Interest in a player....
                              and then There is INTERE$T..! with cold hard cash backing the interest for the parent club...!! its no surprise that the latter is the one who gets the transfer done..! besides the player also tempted to make such a move knowing he will be afforded much more time and patience for an eventual breakthrough of sorts..!
                              bigger, higher profile clubs rather pay more but ultimately sign a player who's a finished article and proven to be a force to be reckon with in the league...! their fan base/ownerships dont have the patience for nurturing and bedding in young and promising talents and can ill afford to give him enough first team action to see if he can make it as a starter..!

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                                Watching the Fulham v West Brom game yesterday, I don’t see either of them staying up (and I am married into a West Brom family so I’ll whisper that). Also If Sheff United stay up they will make a documentary of it and be talking about ‘The Great Escape’ for years.
                                i missed the game today
                                but i watched the first 30-40 minutes of BHA game vs Fulham and brighton were all over them like a cheap suit, i was later highly surprised to see them manage 0-0 ultimately ..!

also i wouldnt put too much stock into BHA win today... they may well go again w/o the win for next handful of games or so but ultimately it sure seems there definitely are at least 3 teams more deserved and likely of a drop than them ..!
                                Ali gotta go ... !! hoping for meaningful minutes is more like grasping for straws anymore in this team..! he is an absolute fool for not taking a loan offer from the likes of Ajax ... ! although doubtful of the validity of that rumor..!

Comment

Working...
                                X