This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
    I called his post a good post because he made 3 sensible points. I don't care if it's the first or 5000th he has had a good take - It's a good, unbiased post.
    Or maybe they just can't be arsed with the witch hunt if they dare stray away from the accepted opinion
    I rarely log on to this forum anymore, because quite frankly whenever I do there's a small group of posters who go out of their way to insult me and purposfully misconstue what I've said. The last 2 times I've tried to have a reasonable debate on here I've been
    A) called racist for using a fairly common Western coloquialism, with no apology when I explained what I had meant.
    B) Told I obviously didn't understand football and didn't watch it much, and when I then tried to explain my sporting background that was used of proof as me being 'arrogant'
    C) Told that I was probably racist towards Black/African players despite having African heritage myself.
    Anybody reading that and deciding not to post isn't a troll or doubtful of their own opinion - they're smart. A community where 4/5 regular posters have the ability to make people feel they can't contribute to a discussion has a bullying problem, or at least a serious clique problem.
    Imagine thinking that you can’t be racist because you have African heritage. It’s as ridiculous as when people say that they can’t be racist because they have black friends. You judged me based off ethnicity alone despite my post being completely logical which explains why I mentioned Lamptey as an example of your mindset. You never responded to that post of mine because you had nothing intelligent to respond with.

Below is our whole conversation for everyone to read. It’s clear how racist and disrespectful you are but everyone can make their own judgement now. You’re a racist coward for avoiding my last post.
    By the way, your excuse for racially discriminating me was that ”things can still get lost in translation” when it never happened. Basically saying, ’I have the right to look down on your ethnicity and intelligence as a way of showing superiority in discussion because you being Iranian means that things can get lost in translation’. You would never use that excuse had my nationality been something more of your liking.

Enjoy the read.

So please don’t accuse me of saying Ali J isn’t good enough, because I’ve never said that. This is real life, not FIFA. It’s not as simple as who has the highest rating and just playing them. I’m sure if he leaves this summer and goes to a league that suits his strengths more then we’ll see him return to the player he was in Holland, I hope it works out for him!

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
    I will accuse you of saying that Jahanbakhsh isn't good enough because you contradicted yourself by saying that you don't say he isn't good enough but in the very same sentence add that you're sure that if he leaves to a league that suits his strengths, he will return to the player he once was.

You are basically admitting that he doesn't have the strengths to succeed in the premier league and your whole judgement is based on your support of the manager which makes you biased as a club fan.
    Just because he is a premier league manager or the coach in your beloved Brighton doesn't mean that he makes professional decisions.

The shameful thing is that you believe that Potter had a logical and tactical reason for his decision to exclude Jahanbakhsh.

It's shameful because you don't know how he actually treats him behind the scenes and how he views him, yet you are certain of it being reasonable.

Can you guarantee that Potter isn't hateful, discriminatory, political, etc?

I’m not sure if there’s a language barrier but I’m not sure how you’ve read what I put and came to the complete opposite conclusion, but okay. I’ve literally just wrote a massive paragraph explaining what I meant but if you don’t want to read it and understand it there isn’t much I can do.

When you say can I guarantee Potter isn’t hateful, discriminatory or political are you trying to insinuate that Potter doesn’t like him because he’s Iranian? I’m not sure what else you could be implying there but I thought I’d ask rather than assuming.
    You are racially discriminating me now because you view me as an Iranian and therefore think you are superior in the English language without any factual reasoning behind it, considering my post you replied to was stated on an intellectual and literate English level.

I pointed out your own words which gives you no reason to blame me for misunderstanding you. You clearly said that he doesn't have the strengths to perform on an acceptable level in the premier league.

You conclude that I didn't read your post but how can you be certain? This is the same logic you use when you justify Potter's decision making. Shameful.

You gave your explanations to why you believe the way you do and think that just because you explained it, gives you a factual right to state that he isn't good enough without being questioned.
    My ‘factual reasoning’ was the fact that I wrote quite a long post where I explained I think he’s a talented player but the Premier League doesn’t suit his strengths. I asked if there was a language barrier because I would try and reword it if there was; if English is your second language then you’re better at writing in it than most native English speakers, but things can still get lost in translation.
    As for the last paragraph, you’re putting words in my mouth. I explained my views so people would be able to debate them. Instead I’ve got the usual “lol Brighton rubbish potter bad ARJ the best” responses. The point of a forum is to discuss isn’t it? Sadly that seems beyond most people on here. I do wonder if posters like The. get embarrassed with this thread. It’s a train wreck.
    Also, do you think Potter discriminates against ARJ because he’s Iranian?
    English is my fourth language but it's completely irrelevant for you to even mention it because I gave you no reasons to question it. You constantly contradict yourself. First you question my understanding of the English language and now you praise it as if my first post was illiterate.

Jahanbakhsh hasn't been given a single consistent chance to demonstrate his contributions. It's not logical to judge his playing level as below the premier league. You are simply stating that he lacks required strengths because the coach excluded him.

Regarding what I think about Potter; I can only speak about facts. Jahanbakhsh was recently interviewed and he stated that he was being excluded without being informed about the circumstances. Despite this, he remained professional. He even said that it got to a point where Brighton players approached him and told him that they don't understand why he's being treated this way and that they consider him worthy of playing. They basically woke him up and made him realize that it's not just in his own head. That's when he had a verbal fight with Potter and most likely caused Potter to despise him and clearly his situation didn't improve after this interview.

However, Potter was already treating him this way before their fight which means that the whole situation remains a mystery to the whole team, including Jahanbakhsh.

Jahanbakhsh has showed his character and professionalism which makes it unlikely for him to be lying about the case.

The fact that Jahanbakhsh has stayed also makes it believable since he thought he was in Potter's plans. Even Potter admitted that Jahanbakhsh is in his plans during press conferences.

For the above-mentioned reasons, it's reasonable to believe that Potter could be discriminating Jahanbakhsh. He even subbed him in for time wasting today which is extremely disrespectful considering the circumstances and the price tag the player was purchased for recently.

As far as you go, you're a racist individual who's abusing his freedom of speech. You speak with full confidence and defend all your statements, which means that you're completely aware of your actions as well as what you said and meant when you racially discriminated me.

It's people like you that believe African players are superior because of race when there are no studies that prove this. You probably think that Lamptey is a pacey player because of his ethnicity. Individuals like you celebrate when African players score for England and you view them as talented because of being African.

They are never acknowledged for their hard work which led to their skills as a player, and yes I can accuse you of these things because you've showed that you judge individuals based on race just like you did moments ago to me.
    #BanNoorafkan

Comment

GUYS
      PLZ RETURN BACK TO FOOTBALL!

Offtopics via PM Plz!

If anybody feels being bullied, plz press the report button or PM the Forum Staff!

BACK TO TOPIC PLZ!
      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

too many posts to go through and reply, but how are we possibly being biased? AJ gets playing time, he scores, he creates opportunities and provides assists. You don't need to be an Iranian to see the guy is effective and can contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
          too many posts to go through and reply, but how are we possibly being biased? AJ gets playing time, he scores, he creates opportunities and provides assists. You don't need to be an Iranian to see the guy is effective and can contribute.
          He scored against Chelsea and Bournemouth. He then started the next two matches and was a sub 3 more times that month with 0 goals, 0 assists, and did not play very well. Ignoring that fact to cherry pick his contribution against a 3rd division team and 2nd string 2nd division squad is biased. Choosing facts to support your views and ignoring facts that contradict your views makes you biased.
          It's fine to be a ARJ fan boy, and people that know me in real life know I am (still wearing my jersey on matchdays, even when he's not in the squad). But let's not act like he's shown any consistency at Brighton. His last consistent run of good form was 3 years ago. Brighton hasn't seen it, Potter hasn't seen it. Can't believe they don't just trust our word for it.

Comment

Good news that Stephens is leaving. Gives younger players a chance to shine.

I was never fan of him. The occasional good long pass was not worth the liability he was with his bone headed fouls, lack of pace , and losing the ball while dribbling. More often than not the worst Brighton starter since 2018.

Not sure what Burnley are thinking going after him.

As for the move's impact on Alireza... Well there is none as they play different positions.

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
              He scored against Chelsea and Bournemouth. He then started the next two matches and was a sub 3 more times that month with 0 goals, 0 assists, and did not play very well. Ignoring that fact to cherry pick his contribution against a 3rd division team and 2nd string 2nd division squad is biased. Choosing facts to support your views and ignoring facts that contradict your views makes you biased.
              It's fine to be a ARJ fan boy, and people that know me in real life know I am (still wearing my jersey on matchdays, even when he's not in the squad). But let's not act like he's shown any consistency at Brighton. His last consistent run of good form was 3 years ago. Brighton hasn't seen it, Potter hasn't seen it. Can't believe they don't just trust our word for it.
              You bring up those stats as if the rest of Brighton was producing goals left and right. What we Iranian fans want is some consistency in terms of how he’s treated.

People are saying things like Alzate is good enough to be called up by Colombia. Well guess who the coach of Colombia is and who thought a very young half consistent Jahanbakhsh was good enough for the WC 2014 Iran squad? The same guy - Carlos Queiroz.

Most of us don’t think potter is racist but we do believe he has a simple make himself look good (and make the previous guy look bad) approach of trying to force Jahanbakhsh out. We’ve seen it with other players in football including Iranian ones like Mahdavikia.
              To say a player like Jahanbakhsh got a fair shake last season when he was basically benched for half the season and got less minutes than streaky players like Gross, Stephens and Trossard is condescending and insulting to fans who pay a lot of attention to Jahanbakhsh and what happens to him week in and week out.

These same fans from the NSC forum, who were literally insulting Jahanbakhsh and calling him things like trash, not a footballer... now expect class? On top of that many of them go out of their way to downplay what he’s doing. I’m not sure what they expect him to do? Slap the ref and slide tackle Veltman?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                You bring up those stats as if the rest of Brighton was producing goals left and right. What we Iranian fans want is some consistency in terms of how he’s treated.
                People are saying things like Alzate is good enough to be called up by Colombia. Well guess who the coach of Colombia is and who thought a very young half consistent Jahanbakhsh was good enough for the WC 2014 Iran squad? The same guy - Carlos Queiroz.
                Most of us don’t think potter is racist but we do believe he has a simple make himself look good (and make the previous guy look bad) approach of trying to force Jahanbakhsh out. We’ve seen it with other players in football including Iranian ones like Mahdavikia.
                To say a player like Jahanbakhsh got a fair shake last season when he was basically benched for half the season and got less minutes than streaky players like Gross, Stephens and Trossard is condescending and insulting to fans who pay a lot of attention to Jahanbakhsh and what happens to him week in and week out.
                These same fans from the NSC forum, who were literally insulting Jahanbakhsh and calling him things like trash, not a footballer... now expect class? On top of that many of them go out of their way to downplay what he’s doing. I’m not sure what they expect him to do? Slap the ref and slide tackle Veltman?
                Gross, March, Murray. Those were Houghton players, right? Don't think anyone here thinks giving those three playing time last year made Potter look any better. Bissouma is different, because that's a Houghton player that has actually looked solid at times but still not great.
                NSC shouldn't matter, if they're so terrible how about we not stoop to their level. I'm only harping on this because this thread is on its way to 90% "pothead" remarks and 10% ARJ. Even if people aren't complaining to mods, it's obvious people are getting bullied and called names for not agreeing with the majority opinion and it's childish.

Comment

OMG, he started 3 games and he didn't score? Off with his head! He needs to be cut from the roster immediately.

All the other players played so much better than Alireza. He was the only individual that wasn't being efficient and productive... and the sole reason behind the mediocre season.

Benching Alireza isn't going to make him magically be a better cog in whatever system the coaching staff is aiming for.

Comment

Gross, March, Murray. Those were Houghton players, right?
                    But not Houghton's marquee signing.
                    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                      OMG, he started 3 games and he didn't score? Off with his head! He needs to be cut from the roster immediately.
                      All the other players played so much better than Alireza. He was the only individual that wasn't being efficient and productive... and the sole reason behind the mediocre season.
                      Benching Alireza isn't going to make him magically be a better cog in whatever system the coaching staff is aiming for.
                      He's not Messi or Ronaldo. You don't build a team around ARJ. If he doesn't contribute, then yes, he will get benched. He trains day in and day out with all the same people. There's no other system he's working to contribute towards.

Comment

Speaking of cherry picking, you fail to mention that JB gave the decisive pass for the own goal against Watford that salvaged BHA a much-needed draw.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                          Speaking of cherry picking, you fail to mention that JB gave the decisive pass for the own goal against Watford that salvaged BHA a much-needed draw.
                          Because that had more to do with Marriapa than Jahanbakhsh. There was no one on the end of the cross (not ARJ's fault). It was not going to be an assist. But that's fine, those are the stats we need for the argument.

*Edit:
                          We just shouldn't expect other people to put the same weight as we do on stats like; "own goals created" , "assists assisted" , and "assists to players that win a PK."

Comment

*** This post has been copied into Football Random Thread, plz continue there! - Adesor Vafaseya

Had JB not scored those two goals which earned FC Brighton the much needed 4 points the Seagulls would have been relegated.
                            Anyway, i don't believe that Potter is a racist, he is a typical English guy with a misplaced sense of superiority though, like many Englishmen. Maybe that's because the entire world speaks their language, like we are on this Iranian forum for example. The fact is that Jahanbakhsh just doesn't fit in FC Brighton, he belongs in a team that plays attacking football with wingers like his previous club AZ. I still hope he can move on a loan deal to Ajax or PSV, it would be the best option for both parties. Jahanbakhsh really fits Dutch style attacking football, he belongs in the Eredivisie or in the Primera Division.
                            Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 09-24-2020, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Last year's Premier league stats from Premier League sight:

Minutes played Goals
                              Maupay 2768 10
                              Trossard 2013 5
                              Connolly 1261 3
                              Jahanbakhsh 308 2

Maupy had a 9 game streak without a goal and Connolly had a 20 game streak without a goal. But Jahanbakhsh is put back in the icebox after two games of not scoring. And Jahanbakhsh was the only player that had the mental torture of not getting a single minute of playing time for the first four months... Any coach must know what not playing someone for four months do to a players head. Anyway, these facts are my basis point for saying that Jahanbakhsh, two time world cup player and golden boot winner, was not given a fair shake compared to Connolly that had the sole achievement of being Brighton U23 player!!!

Comment

I don't get it
                                We're here to support our boy... It's not his fault if he's not getting enough playing time! I don't think it's something personal between Potter and Ali neither. Every coach got his own strategies and tactics! Bringing up the stats and show it the way you want people to see it is pointless! Let the stats speak and from where I'm sitting it's saying out loud he deserves to be their main choice... Ali is a game changer , he's a star... That's what he is and always been.

PSYCHOPATH
                                https://open.spotify.com/track/54q3rTiRdvXGar9WvqJA4T

Comment

Working...
                                X