Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not really sure then why else he would not get any playing time when in fact every f*kk*ng game he plays he does superb and yet the very next match he get benched. He is not playing in liverpool but Brighton and it is damn crystal clear that he is best winger/scorer they got and yet that idiot Potter continues to bench him for no reason.
    sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      Oh god damn it, are we having this discussion again?
      No it has nothing to do with him being Iranian.

There are a lot of racist gammons in the UK, but Potter isn't one of them.

This is a combination of wrong place, wrong time for Alireza, and Potter being a stubborn c*nt.

Either way, it was clear from the first 10 minutes of this game that Alireza would not get proper playing time.

If he has another good performance against Preston, and Brighton lose to Man U, he will get his chance.

For now chill, for a few weeks, and just pray he doesn't get called to the TM camp because that would keep him out of action for a couple weeks upon his return to the UK.

Also I don't think the Match against Preston is Televised.

you are too naive my friend. Donya poshteshoono beh maa kardan.
      sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
        You're free to think however you want and so why am I. Any team that plays 4-4-2 will benefit from his services. It doesn't matter what league he is in.
        I agree, we're allowed to have our own opinions. That's the point of a forum, so we can discuss our opinions, no?

Sadly for the point you're making football goes through trends, and currently 4-4-2 is rarely used. How many Premier Leauge teams are playing it currently? Only 2 off the top of my head (Burnley & Southampton). Newcastle started with it today, but it was so ineffective that they changed it at half-time. If you don't think different leagues have different styles that suit certain players better or worse then that's fair enough, but I strongly disagree.

Originally posted by Superparsi View Post
        I am not really sure then why else he would not get any playing time when in fact every f*kk*ng game he plays he does superb and yet the very next match he get benched. He is not playing in liverpool but Brighton and it is damn crystal clear that he is best winger/scorer they got and yet that idiot Potter continues to bench him for no reason.
        So you think Potter is not playing him because he's Iranian? That's a genuine question.

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
          I could be wrong here, but I think due to fans not being allowed in all games are being shown live to some extent. There may be live streams on either the Preston or Brighton wesbites, it might be a VPN job and I doubt the streams will be free but I'm sure there will be some way to watch the game (and the fact it'll be streamed on the club sites does increase the chance of a free illegal stream appearing too)
          There will be a stream somewhere hopefully. Was hoping Sky Sports would put more games on the red button.

Comment

Oh god damn it, are we having this discussion again?
            No it has nothing to do with him being Iranian.

There are a lot of racist gammons in the UK, but Potter isn't one of them.

This is a combination of wrong place, wrong time for Alireza, and Potter being a stubborn c*nt.

Either way, it was clear from the first 10 minutes of this game that Alireza would not get proper playing time.

If he has another good performance against Preston, and Brighton lose to Man U, he will get his chance.

For now chill, for a few weeks, and just pray he doesn't get called to the TM camp because that would keep him out of action for a couple weeks upon his return to the UK.

Also I don't think the Match against Preston is Televised.
            I'd like to believe you, but Potter's own words were truly racist and insulting to ARJ and Iranians (though I submit he himself may not have thought it was racist/insulting...which is a general problem for British/US whites in general...but that's another discussion thread).

BHA is an international team. Players from France, Germany, Netherlands, Ireland, Australia, etc, etc. Potter chose to specifically single out Ali being from another country as a reason for his inability to have "settled" in. ARJ has been playing professional Dutch and English football for years. His English is impeccable. His professionalism is iconic. To cite his country of origin as one of the reasons for this current state is below the belt, unnecessary, and dare I say, unconsciously biased/racist.

Comment

Hope he can still get a loan to PSV or something similar! He needs to get the hell out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                I'd like to believe you, but Potter's own words were truly racist and insulting to ARJ and Iranians (though I submit he himself may not have thought it was racist/insulting...which is a general problem for British/US whites in general...but that's another discussion thread).

BHA is an international team. Players from France, Germany, Netherlands, Ireland, Australia, etc, etc. Potter chose to specifically single out Ali being from another country as a reason for his inability to have "settled" in. ARJ has been playing professional Dutch and English football for years. His English is impeccable. His professionalism is iconic. To cite his country of origin as one of the reasons for this current state is below the belt, unnecessary, and dare I say, unconsciously biased/racist.
                I personally think you've misconstrued his comments slightly. The full quote is:

"When we came he was a little low in confidence, not quite sure of his role and just adapting to the league and the country. We forget that there is a big challenge in that when you come from a different league and a different country."

I think if you look at his career to date suggesting AliJ takes a while to settle at a new club. His first season in Holland at NEC he got 5 goals, followed by 12 in his second season. His first season at AZ he scored 3 goals, followed by 10 & 21 in his second and third season. The fact that his move to England coincided with being mismanaged by Hughton & a few niggly injuries have just exasperated those problems.

There is always an undercurrent in a lot of posts on here that Potter is racist towards Iran/Iranians. I've asked people to expand on this a few times, because it's an interesting point to me. There's always a lot of anger towards Potter because of this perceived racism/xenophobia. It does truly make me wonder if people realise it was Potter who signed Ghoddos for Östersund and put enough faith in him 93 times across 3 seasons. Infact, it was whilst playing for Potter that Ghoddos switched from Sweden to Iran internationally.

It seems strange that people have jumped to Potter being racist for saying it's taken Jahanbakhsh time to settle into a new league and country rather than seeing it as Potter; who has spent the last 12 months getting to know Jahanbakhsh personally saying it because it's what he believes about AliJ on a personal level.

Comment

I personally think you've misconstrued his comments slightly. The full quote is:
                  "When we came he was a little low in confidence, not quite sure of his role and just adapting to the league and the country. We forget that there is a big challenge in that when you come from a different league and a different country."
                  I think if you look at his career to date suggesting AliJ takes a while to settle at a new club. His first season in Holland at NEC he got 5 goals, followed by 12 in his second season. His first season at AZ he scored 3 goals, followed by 10 & 21 in his second and third season. The fact that his move to England coincided with being mismanaged by Hughton & a few niggly injuries have just exasperated those problems.
                  There is always an undercurrent in a lot of posts on here that Potter is racist towards Iran/Iranians. I've asked people to expand on this a few times, because it's an interesting point to me. There's always a lot of anger towards Potter because of this perceived racism/xenophobia. It does truly make me wonder if people realise it was Potter who signed Ghoddos for Östersund and put enough faith in him 93 times across 3 seasons. Infact, it was whilst playing for Potter that Ghoddos switched from Sweden to Iran internationally.
                  It seems strange that people have jumped to Potter being racist for saying it's taken Jahanbakhsh time to settle into a new league and country rather than seeing it as Potter; who has spent the last 12 months getting to know Jahanbakhsh personally saying it because it's what he believes about AliJ on a personal level.
                  Again, I'm not saying he's openly/consciously racist toward ARJ (I'd like to think ARJ and BHA wouldn't stand for this)...but he does seem to have a personal vendetta against Ali, which in this quote comes out specifically as racist as he doesn't cite all the issues you did (mismanaged by Hughton & a few niggly injuries), but specifically points out his "different country". Half of Potter's starting lineup are from a "different country", so why is that not an issue for those players? It's time we stop making excuses for Potter.

Comment

I agree, we're allowed to have our own opinions. That's the point of a forum, so we can discuss our opinions, no?

Sadly for the point you're making football goes through trends, and currently 4-4-2 is rarely used. How many Premier Leauge teams are playing it currently? Only 2 off the top of my head (Burnley & Southampton). Newcastle started with it today, but it was so ineffective that they changed it at half-time. If you don't think different leagues have different styles that suit certain players better or worse then that's fair enough, but I strongly disagree.

So you think Potter is not playing him because he's Iranian? That's a genuine question.
                    Anyone who thinks Potter is not playing ARJ because he's Iranian is ignorant

Potter isn't playing ARJ because ARJ isn't potter's key signing, Trossard is. Bad timing and unfortunate situation for ARJ. ARJ is a fighter and doesn't want to leave though, so if you want to blame anyone, blame him.

ARJ is a great player and in my opinion the best attacking winger on Brighton. I think Potter is too stubborn to accept this fact, but then again Trossard has been playing well. Connolly scored today too.

Still think a front three with Trossard Maupay and ARJ is Brighton's best bet.

Comment

Again, I'm not saying he's openly/consciously racist toward ARJ (I'd like to think ARJ and BHA wouldn't stand for this)...but he does seem to have a personal vendetta against Ali, which in this quote comes out specifically as racist as he doesn't cite all the issues you did (mismanaged by Hughton & a few niggly injuries), but specifically points out his "different country". Half of Potter's starting lineup are from a "different country", so why is that not an issue for those players? It's time we stop making excuses for Potter.
                      Dont want to defend ugly Potter but by different country didn't he mean the Dutch league JB was playing before?

Comment

When potter said "you come from a different country" he was referring to Holland not Iran.

That's where he was playing football before moving. He was talking in a football context

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                          Dont want to defend ugly Potter but by different country didn't he mean the Dutch league JB was playing before?
                          Not in my interpretation. The quote said "when you come from a different league and a different country, you have to settle in." The "different league" would refer to the Dutch league, the "different country" would refer to Iran (because by definition, a different league would be outside of the country, unless he was playing for the Championship, etc). If he had said a "different league in a different country..." then I would agree with you.

Comment

When potter said "you come from a different country" he was referring to Holland not Iran.

That's where he was playing football before moving. He was talking in a football context
                            Would it not be redundant to say "different league" and "different country" in the same breath when referring to the Eredivisie?

Comment

Originally posted by Superparsi View Post
                              you are too naive my friend. Donya poshteshoono beh maa kardan.
                              Naive is thinking that with millions of pounds at stake, that a manager would make decisions based on some biased towards the player's country of origin.

Please stop this self-flagellation, this is so embarrassing. Please stop.

Comment

Would it not be redundant to say "different league" and "different country" in the same breath when referring to the Eredivisie?
                                Not really. You could be coming from a different league in England (Championship, league 1 ,etc...)

Comment

Working...
                                X