Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to be honest. I don't think Potter is a bad manager. That being said, he's pretty arrogant and the way he's treated ARJ has been nothing short of disrespectful considering ARJ's performances each time he's been on the pitch, as well as his stellar attitude.

The way Potter describes ARJ is if this is his first season abroad in Europe and he just transferred from the Malaysian Premier League or something. Jahanbakhsh has been here before Potter and his first season was unfortunately riddled by injuries, bad coaching (CH was not a good coach), and the Asia Cup. His second season under Potter he was dusted off already, which is the most disrespectful thing about his time here, considering his potential and hard work in training everyday. ARJ was Hughton's key piece, and when Hughton was fired, Potter bought Trossard and made him his key piece. Potter will not bench Trossard unless needed to, or else he would look like a failure in that aspect.

The good news is ARJ can force his way into playing time with good performances. I think he will get 20-30 mins against Newcastle, and then another start against Preston. If ARJ performs well against Preston in the Cup match (a Championship level team, higher than the League 1 Portsmouth), I think more fans will be eager to see him get his chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      I have to be honest. I don't think Potter is a bad manager. That being said, he's pretty arrogant and the way he's treated ARJ has been nothing short of disrespectful considering ARJ's performances each time he's been on the pitch, as well as his stellar attitude.

The way Potter describes ARJ is if this is his first season abroad in Europe and he just transferred from the Malaysian Premier League or something. Jahanbakhsh has been here before Potter and his first season was unfortunately riddled by injuries, bad coaching (CH was not a good coach), and the Asia Cup. His second season under Potter he was dusted off already, which is the most disrespectful thing about his time here, considering his potential and hard work in training everyday. ARJ was Hughton's key piece, and when Hughton was fired, Potter bought Trossard and made him his key piece. Potter will not bench Trossard unless needed to, or else he would look like a failure in that aspect.

The good news is ARJ can force his way into playing time with good performances. I think he will get 20-30 mins against Newcastle, and then another start against Preston. If ARJ performs well against Preston in the Cup match (a Championship level team, higher than the League 1 Portsmouth), I think more fans will be eager to see him get his chance.
      Portmouth is a third division team? I thought they were in championship.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        Yes, they're a third division team, but that shouldn't take anything away from ARJ's performance. He was not only head and shoulders above the Portsmouth team, but also above his own teammates for Brighton as well. For the first time in the Brighton shirt, ARJ looked like a leader and dictated play.

Comment

Can you point to some objective evidence of Potter being a good coach?!! Just wondering.

At least Hughton promoted a team out of Championship into EPL and finished 15th in EPL. What has Potter done except promote a team out of Swedish lower divisions? Even in Swedish first division, he did not achieve much and finished 5th I think. Seriously, our own Ghaleh Noi has a better track record.

=========================

More broadly, arrogant imbeciles will never be effective leaders, as they put satisfying their own insecurity ahead of team results. Potter has already proven that.
          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            Actually when it comes to cup games these lowly teams give it all they can and some of them progressed and knocked out pl teams. eg: lincoln city (national league lowest level 5) knocked out BHA in the 4th round and burnley in the 5t (2017)and progressed to quarter final and lost to arsenal.
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
              Can you point to some objective evidence of Potter being a good coach?!! Just wondering.

At least Hughton promoted a team out of Championship into EPL and finished 15th in EPL. What has Potter done except promote a team out of Swedish lower divisions? Even in Swedish first division, he did not achieve much and finished 5th I think. Seriously, our own Ghaleh Noi has a better track record.

=========================

More broadly, arrogant imbeciles will never be effective leaders, as they put satisfying their own insecurity ahead of team results. Potter has already proven that.
              I never said Potter was a good coach. I said he wasn't a bad coach. I am in no way a fan of his, but if leading a fourth division team to promotion, winning the Swedish Cup, leading Ostersunds to the Europa league KNOCKOUT STAGES, beating Galataseray 3-1, Tying Athletico Bilbao 2-2, Beating Zorya Luhansk 2-0, Hertha Berlin 1-0, and Arsenal 2-1 isn't successful i don't know what is.

Brighton isn't a rich club. They don't have exceptional players, yet their attacking gameplan has improved a lot. I don't get why you expect Potter to be a Guardiola and lead them to a top five spot or something. That being said, if you can't tell the difference between the higher levels of football Brighton has been playing right now versus two years ago under Hughton, i don't know what else to tell you.

Under Potter, Brighton tied Chelsea for the first time in their history, and even in the 3-1 loss against chelsea last week, they were honestly the better team for most of the game and deserved a better result.

Comment

Yes, they're a third division team, but that shouldn't take anything away from ARJ's performance. He was not only head and shoulders above the Portsmouth team, but also above his own teammates for Brighton as well. For the first time in the Brighton shirt, ARJ looked like a leader and dictated play.
                Agree with this.

Comment

For additional context, Ancelotti basically said the adapting to the league angle a lot of coaches and media use is overblown - you just need to give players minutes.

Comment

I never said Potter was a good coach. I said he wasn't a bad coach. I am in no way a fan of his, but if leading a fourth division team to promotion, winning the Swedish Cup, leading Ostersunds to the Europa league KNOCKOUT STAGES, beating Galataseray 3-1, Tying Athletico Bilbao 2-2, Beating Zorya Luhansk 2-0, Hertha Berlin 1-0, and Arsenal 2-1 isn't successful i don't know what is.

Yes, the legend of Potter. Mostly the creation of a marketing firm.

Any team, when playing dozens of matches will have one or two surprising results. Some 3rd division teams occasionally beat EPL teams. It is called statistics.

Even the examples you mentioned, such as beating Arsenal 2-1. You do realize that first, Arsenal had already won the first leg in Sweden by 3-0 . The tie was already settled, unless they could win by margin of 4! So Potter actually lost the tie 4-2. I was watching that game, and it could not be any more meaningless. But, it is now a legend that Potter beat Arsenal!

Again, objectively; i.e. based on results, he is not an EPL or even Championship level coach. He finished 10th in the championship with a recent EPL team. He should really go back to Sweden, the lower divisions of course.
                    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                      Yes, the legend of Potter. Mostly the creation of a marketing firm.

Any team, when playing dozens of matches will have one or two surprising results. Some 3rd division teams occasionally beat EPL teams. It is called statistics.

Even the examples you mentioned, such as beating Arsenal 2-1. You do realize that first, Arsenal had already won the first leg in Sweden by 3-0 . The tie was already settled, unless they could win by margin of 4! So Potter actually lost the tie 4-2. I was watching that game, and it could not be any more meaningless. But, it is now a legend that Potter beat Arsenal!

Again, objectively; i.e. based on results, he is not an EPL or even Championship level coach. He finished 10th in the championship with a recent EPL team. He should really go back to Sweden, the lower divisions of course.
                      You clearly have a personal agenda against the man

Taking a mid table Ostersunds squad to the Europa league knockout stages isn't "statistics".

In regards to Swansea finishing 10th in the championship, again, I never said he was a GOOD manager. I just said he wasn't bad. You also fail to mention he lead Swansea to the FA Cup quarterfinals and their team put up an incredible performance against Manchester City (Aguero saving Man City in the 88th minute).

He's an average EPL coach IMO. Nothing special, but better than Hughton in terms of attacking football, which is what ARJ needs to thrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                        Ali is used to play in front of crowds of more than 100k. He played in the WC with the entire world watching. His confidence has never been low. What made him LOOK like he is low in confidence was that he was not sure how to play in the positions he was assigned. But potter's claim "low in confidence" is not at all correct.
                        Fuck Potter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        [SIZE=5][FONT=Times New Roman]ASHEGET[COLOR=blue]

Comment

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Is this asshole saying ARJ hasn't acclimated because he's from another country? You asshole, he speaks more languages than you can even dream of, has a better British accent than you, and is the EPITOME of how legionnaires should acclimate and "settle" in. And you think he can "help us on the pitch"? What is he, your gardner who waters the grass? Give him some fucking minutes to show you how he can "help us on the pitch".

Sorry, this was the last straw. This fucker has a vendetta against Ali.

Comment

Jahanbaksh in the starting 11 against Newcastle according to the reliable Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/football...premier-league

Comment

You clearly have a personal agenda against the man
                              Taking a mid table Ostersunds squad to the Europa league knockout stages isn't "statistics".
                              In regards to Swansea finishing 10th in the championship, again, I never said he was a GOOD manager. I just said he wasn't bad. You also fail to mention he lead Swansea to the FA Cup quarterfinals and their team put up an incredible performance against Manchester City (Aguero saving Man City in the 88th minute).
                              He's an average EPL coach IMO. Nothing special, but better than Hughton in terms of attacking football, which is what ARJ needs to thrive.
                              give it up man...blah blah blah...
                              get this through your head buddy ....
                              Pothead is a Shit Coach...!! more so a pitiful nasty asshole of an individual ....!!
                              and until the day he admits to being wrong about Alireza and confesses to being a Jackass idiot and recognizes publicly that Alireza is in fact the top talent in his squad and His Absolute Supreme Sarvar..!!
                              He WILL Remain A SHITT (wanna be Guardiola) COACH. PERIOD...!! no IFs or Buts about that

and @ a very least UNTIL he Starts or begin to feature ARJ on a far more regular basis in all league games..!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Is this asshole saying ARJ hasn't acclimated because he's from another country? You asshole, he speaks more languages than you can even dream of, has a better British accent than you, and is the EPITOME of how legionnaires should acclimate and "settle" in. And you think he can "help us on the pitch"? What is he, your gardner who waters the grass? Give him some fucking minutes to show you how he can "help us on the pitch".
                                Sorry, this was the last straw. This fucker has a vendetta against Ali.
                                This is some racism right here “different country”...
                                Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Working...
                                X