Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arj issue is his salary. If he was signed at even half what he is getting BHA fans would be more forgiving. In TM he just seems super slow and out of sync. His passes are off his runs are not well timed and he is invisible most matches. I think at best he is an excellent tier 2 European player and great sub for TM...not much more.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I think few of things are happening here.

A) Alireza is a victim of his own success. He tore up the Dutch league for two seasons. Putting up numbers that even Gholi has not put up. This set the bar too high for him, so now if he isn't banging in goals left and right, people shit on him. He could literally be the best player we have on the pitch (Cambodia game for example), and some people will say they are disappointed because he didn't have 15 goals and 28 assists. Other players get the benefit of the poor pitch for bad touches, but Alireza doesn't. Taremi, Gholi, and Azmoun get to miss easy one on ones and it's fine (because we all have a bad day sometimes) , but Alireza messes up one counter, and he is bashed for ruining our chances of winning by a bigger margin.

B) He doesn't attempt super flashy dribbles, and people will ignore his off the ball movement which draws opponents towards him and create space our midfielders and Gholi on the other wing. His defensive effort especially when it comes to winning back possession is completely ignored. His.game against Iraq was his weakest offensively of this qualification stage, but his helped the team out massively with his defensive effort.

C) It's clear some people have an agenda against him. Some because of political reasons, and some because of nationalistic beliefs.

D) Ali's time in Brighton has f'ed up his confidence big time, and it shows by how cautious he has become. He needs to be put in an environment where he can take more risks, shoot more, play one-twos more. A loan spell to a big team in a weaker (French, Belgian, Russian) league can do him wonders right now.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        I think few of things are happening here.
        A) Alireza is a victim of his own success. He tore up the Dutch league for two seasons. Putting up numbers that even Gholi has not put up. This set the bar too high for him, so now if he isn't banging in goals left and right, people shit on him. He could literally be the best player we have on the pitch (Cambodia game for example), and some people will say they are disappointed because he didn't have 15 goals and 28 assists. Other players get the benefit of the poor pitch for bad touches, but Alireza doesn't. Taremi, Gholi, and Azmoun get to miss easy one on ones and it's fine (because we all have a bad day sometimes) , but Alireza messes up one counter, and he is bashed for ruining our chances of winning by a bigger margin.
        B) He doesn't attempt super flashy dribbles, and people will ignore his off the ball movement which draws opponents towards him and create space our midfielders and Gholi on the other wing. His defensive effort especially when it comes to winning back possession is completely ignored. His.game against Iraq was his weakest offensively of this qualification stage, but his helped the team out massively with his defensive effort.
        C) It's clear some people have an agenda against him. Some because of political reasons, and some because of nationalistic beliefs.
        D) Ali's time in Brighton has f'ed up his confidence big time, and it shows by how cautious he has become. He needs to be put in an environment where he can take more risks, shoot more, play one-twos more. A loan spell to a big team in a weaker (French, Belgian, Russian) league can do him wonders right now.
        Political reasons or nationalistic believes have nothing to do with Jahanbakhsh being subpar for TM every time he has played for his national team including his golden years in the Eredivisie, the man grew up in Iran and has lived most his life there. Ghoddos grew up in Sweden and he should be in the starting line up not JB. He is the best or at the very least one of the best attacking midfielders/forwards we have. Hence you can throw your political or nationalistic argument right out the window.

Fact is that if Jahanbakhsh plays it would mean that one of Ghoddos, Torabi, Ghaedi, Gholizadeh, Sayyadmanesh and Mohebi should sit on the bench for him or even get left out of the roster. While all mentioned six players are way ahead of him and can be of much better service to TM.

I reckon in due time Skocic will also reach the same conclusion. It's ridiculous that for example in the game against Iraq Ghoddos was benched for Jahanbaksh. The same goes for Torabi and co.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          Hoorad plz for the love of god grow up……you’re talking as if he wasn’t a 20-25 million dollar (valued) forward after winning the golden boot in the eredivise as a freaking winger and finished runner up in assists.
          AEK Athens reject, Georgios Giakoumakis was also Eredivise top-scorer this season. So that argument does not mean anything to me... Especially when we have players like Azmoun and Taremi finishing top-scorer/joint top-scorer in more demanding leagues such as the Russian Premier League and Primeira Liga.

Here is your reminder if he himself confirming that he had the choice between Leicester and BHA: https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2...ester-interest
          Tasmin News? How is that any different to Press TV or any IR-Owned state media? Without getting political, please see the Tasmin News "About Us" section: https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/about

"Defending the Islamic Revolution against negative media propaganda campaign and providing our readers with realities on the ground about Iran and Islam, specially current wave of the Islamic Awakening in the region are top on our agenda in Tasnim News Agency."
          Funny timing too they were wanting to bring him in to replace Mahrez so unless he was cleaning your toilets then sure, whatever you say man.
          He's not even worthy enough to shine Mahrez's shoes, how is he going to be his replacement?

You can try to knock him while he’s down after playing a few poor games for TM but that doesn’t make him the average PGPL player you try to say he is which is just outrageous and shows you have 0 grasp of the game and how big of a difference football in Iran and the premier league is.
          Anyways, I'm just giving my honest take just like many others in this same exact thread have been doing and I will never change my opinion. But what I can't have is you falsely associating him with my club or even fluff/entertain the idea that if he were to join my team he would be an EPL superstar. He has been consistently poor for TM and his own club (see recent matches).

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
            AEK Athens reject, Georgios Giakoumakis was also Eredivise top-scorer this season. So that argument does not mean anything to me... Especially when we have players like Azmoun and Taremi finishing top-scorer/joint top-scorer in more demanding leagues such as the Russian Premier League and Primeira Liga.
            Tasmin News? How is that any different to Press TV or any IR-Owned state media? Without getting political, please see the Tasmin News "About Us" section: https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/about
            He's not even worthy enough to shine Mahrez's shoes, how is he going to be his replacement?
            Anyways, I'm just giving my honest take just like many others in this same exact thread have been doing and I will never change my opinion. But what I can't have is you falsely associating him with my club or even fluff/entertain the idea that if he were to join my team he would be an EPL superstar. He has been consistently poor for TM and his own club (see recent matches).
            It's "your club" but at the end of the day, it's just a football club. No need to take it so personally...We should all calm down.

Comment

JB needs to be around TM, as it was well said by some here, i think we were expecting more than his potential, but he is still young, and a great leader for TM.

Comment

I think you need to cool down on your hate for ARJ. He is a warrior for TM, he works very hard, and you shouldn't disrespect someone working so hard for our team. There can be debates as to his performance (which none for TM were bad, don't lie about this), but to insult the guy and downplay his accomplishments is just petty. When people look down on us and our players and laugh that Azmoun, Taremi, etc. are playing in Mickey Mouse leagues and aren't good (I've seen this on reddit, it's not a hypothetical. Literally saw someone say recently to keep Azmoun out of Roma because he isn't good enough LOL), do you pick up arms for these players? You should, I would, we are Iranian. Why are you then targeting ARJ? Piling on one of our own players only perpetuates the hate and disrespect we get. You can't condemn one clueless opinion, and then come here and spout clear misinformation about ARJ as if you're posting on the Brighton boards. What are you achieving by putting ARJ down like this?

Any player that has worn our TM shirt and fought like a warrior deserves respect. Guys like Hajsafi and Shojaei have had bad games, much worse than ARJ ever has had for TM, but they also deserve respect and our gratitude for fighting to bring honor to our football. Without these guys and the sweat they put in, we wouldn't have achieved what we have up to this point. People educated in football respect TM immensely, every player who has played for us has contributed to that respect.

What Eriksen collapsing should have taught us is these guys put their lives on the line for us. Being petty and insulting them (especially your own hamvatan) brings you nothing, don't be like that, you're better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                  I think you need to cool down on your hate for ARJ. He is a warrior for TM, he works very hard, and you shouldn't disrespect someone working so hard for our team. There can be debates as to his performance (which none for TM were bad, don't lie about this), but to insult the guy and downplay his accomplishments is just petty. When people look down on us and our players and laugh that Azmoun, Taremi, etc. are playing in Mickey Mouse leagues and aren't good (I've seen this on reddit, it's not a hypothetical. Literally saw someone say recently to keep Azmoun out of Roma because he isn't good enough LOL), do you pick up arms for these players? You should, I would, we are Iranian. Why are you then targeting ARJ? Piling on one of our own players only perpetuates the hate and disrespect we get. You can't condemn one clueless opinion, and then come here and spout clear misinformation about ARJ as if you're posting on the Brighton boards. What are you achieving by putting ARJ down like this?
                  Any player that has worn our TM shirt and fought like a warrior deserves respect. Guys like Hajsafi and Shojaei have had bad games, much worse than ARJ ever has had for TM, but they also deserve respect and our gratitude for fighting to bring honor to our football. Without these guys and the sweat they put in, we wouldn't have achieved what we have up to this point. People educated in football respect TM immensely, every player who has played for us has contributed to that respect.
                  What Eriksen collapsing should have taught us is these guys put their lives on the line for us. Being petty and insulting them (especially your own hamvatan) brings you nothing, don't be like that, you're better than that.
                  Ofcourse respect is important and players should not be insulted or be the victim of hate speech. Jahanbakhsh is a good guy but he is just not good enough for TM. You mentioned Haj Safi and Shojaei who have played bad games for TM indeed, but they have also contributed to TM in a manner which JB has never done. They have played many good games as well, while i have yet to see one match of JB where he stands out or does something important.

Hajsafi for all the bashing the poor guy gets, was very important and played really well against Argentina and Morocco for example. JB never had and never will reach that level. Why is it that Hajsafi gives the important assist against Iraq? Isn't JB a winger who has to create chances for his team? Where was he? He fails to deliver everytime as a forward or attacking midfielder/winger, we have much better forwards than him and if they don't play TM will be less strong and it could cost us dearly. Being a nice guy is not enough to play for TM, i have a neighbour who is seriously one of the nicest guys i've ever met but i would never give him a job at my company because he does not have the right qualities for the job, the same applies to Jahanbakhsh and TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                    Ofcourse respect is important and players should not be insulted be the victim of hate speech. Jahanbakhsh is a good guy but he is just not good enough for TM. You mentioned Haj Safi and Shojaei who have played bad games for TM indeed, but they have also contributed to TM in a manner which JB has never done. They have played many good games as well, while i have yet to see one match of him where he stands out or does something important. Hajsafi for all the bashing the poor guy gets, was very important and played really well against Argentina and Morocco for example. JB never had and never will reach that level. Why is it that Hajsafi gives the important assist against Iraq? Isn't JB a winger who has to create chances for his team? He fails to deliver everytime as a forward, we have much better forwards than him and if they don't play TM is less strong and it could cost us dearly. Being a nice guy is not enough to play for TM, i have a neighbour who is seriously one of the nicest guys i've ever met but i would never give him a job at my company becausr he does not have the right qualities for the job, the same applies to Jahanbakhsh and TM.
                    You are welcome to have that opinion. I personally don't look to the goal/assist scoreline at the end of games to make my judgments. I noticed important plays on the defensive end where ARJ came back and cleared some dangerous balls (one specific time two players were passing around Hajsafi who looked lost down the left flank and ARJ came in and got an important clearance and relieved the pressure). Yes, ARJ had that blown breakaway where he fouled that guy, sure, I can acknowledge he's lost some confidence from a few years ago, but I notice we often get results when he's in the lineup. There are certain X factor guys who hustle, and I view ARJ as one of them. You are welcome to disagree, you did politely, and I thank you. I think saying X TM player can't shine another player's shoes and making it a British team more important than our team melli players is problematic, especially as an Irooni on this forum. People have been making complaints of ARJ for years, I haven't found a need to post. Leicester's posts are going too far with the unnecessary hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                      He was as brilliant as he could’ve been in a CQ system. Do you have another player in mind on the team that would’ve played better in his role for that game?
                      I'm not saying we had better at that moment in time, i'm just saying that IMHO , AliReza never brought what you would expect him to bring in Team Melli.
                      The impact he had f.e @ AZ Alkmaar, the goal or assist fury ; we never saw that in Iran jersey.

I like the guy and i support him just like any other hamvatan playing this great game called Football. I'm just saying ARJ his Team Melli performances never shooked me and atm he has contenders that are slowly growing above his level, such as Gholizadeh and even Ghaedi in potential.
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Just here to say how this argument is under false pretext. Tasnim may be biased towards IR but that does not mean that this piece of news is false. If you read it you would see that it's not even an opinion piece but rather a supposed exclusive interview that Jahanbakhsh did with Tasnim.

In the headline photo itself you can straight up see him standing in front of a poster/wallpaper that indicates he was at the Tasnim headquarters

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                          I'm not saying we had better at that moment in time, i'm just saying that IMHO , AliReza never brought what you would expect him to bring in Team Melli.
                          The impact he had f.e @ AZ Alkmaar, the goal or assist fury ; we never saw that in Iran jersey.

I like the guy and i support him just like any other hamvatan playing this great game called Football. I'm just saying ARJ his Team Melli performances never shooked me and atm he has contenders that are slowly growing above his level, such as Gholizadeh and even Ghaedi in potential.
                          I think you're right about Ghaedi and Gholi. In fact, in my eyes Ghaedi is something really special and it's good to see him playing more and more, but the fact that you compare JB's performances in the Eredivise with those in an Iran jersey in the way that you do suggests that perhaps you haven't watched the Eredivise that much? Honestly I've never seen such an attack orientated league with so many soorakh defenses. Not taking anything away from his goals (especially those against Ajax), but honestly the defenses in the Eredivise don't compare to park-the-bus, 90-minute-grass-rolling, anti-football Arab teams, and on the top of that he played so close to goal for NEC/AZ he was basically a forward whereas for team melli he plays as a midfielder; a position in which speed/strength/stamina plays an arguabley more important role.

Comment

^^ True, underlines even more he never brought the brilliance we could see or hoped to see ; - )
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Looks like Brighton are chasing Nicholas Gonzalez of Stuttgart. Going after another forward makes it very clear that ARJ is not going to be a part of their plans next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                                You are welcome to have that opinion. I personally don't look to the goal/assist scoreline at the end of games to make my judgments. I noticed important plays on the defensive end where ARJ came back and cleared some dangerous balls (one specific time two players were passing around Hajsafi who looked lost down the left flank and ARJ came in and got an important clearance and relieved the pressure). Yes, ARJ had that blown breakaway where he fouled that guy, sure, I can acknowledge he's lost some confidence from a few years ago, but I notice we often get results when he's in the lineup. There are certain X factor guys who hustle, and I view ARJ as one of them. You are welcome to disagree, you did politely, and I thank you. I think saying X TM player can't shine another player's shoes and making it a British team more important than our team melli players is problematic, especially as an Irooni on this forum. People have been making complaints of ARJ for years, I haven't found a need to post. Leicester's posts are going too far with the unnecessary hate.
                                Yes it is really important that JB did his defensive work well but at the end of the day he is a forward who's job is to create chances, give assists, score goals, create space by dribbling past defenders, cross the ball into the penalty area etc. Stuff that Ghoddos, Gholizadeh, Torabi, Ghaedi, Mohebi and co do but JB fails to deliver. To give an example, Azmoun is a striker who's job is to score goals, what if he did really nice defensive work, put pressure on the opponents but failed to score goals or create chances or be dangerous in front of the goal? Jahanbakhsh does not deliver in the areas where he should, he never has for TM, not even during his golden years under Queiroz. Being a nice guy is not enough to be in TM unfortunately. I'm confident Skocic will not be blinded by JB playing for a mighty PL club and leave him out of TM in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                                X