Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he really turns into a paraplegic sometimes on the pitch. I cant believe people who seriously watch football can compare the stiff mechanical way this guy moves with the ball to somebody as naturally gifted as gholi, who adds a totally different dimension to TM that arj never did...running and beating people at pace instantly creating space for everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Its out of desperation. Brighton has no movement in the final 3rd. Its really poor and static.
      I mean still, you're better off sending a whipped ball that a floated from that angle 9/10 times

Comment

JB started off well and did pretty decently until the last 10 mins of the half....his balls were not accurate and that attempt on goal from 35-40 yards out was silly. Hopefully he can redeem himself in the second half
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I think its those last three touches that keep him from being an EPL player sadly.
          he just has to do more.
          Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            he really turns into a paraplegic sometimes on the pitch. I cant believe people who seriously watch football can compare the stiff mechanical way this guy moves with the ball to somebody as naturally gifted as gholi, who adds a totally different dimension to TM that arj never did...running and beating people at pace instantly creating space for everybody else.
            agreed, would prefer gholi on the wing for us every time, just adds a dimension of shooting and dribbling creativity that Alireza doesn't match. Alireza is a great passer of the ball but he demands too much time and space on it in order to be effective otherwise he sort of hits a wall and looks rather clumsy.

Comment

JB - not great, not as bad as the Brighton fans will make him out to be.
              Good hustle, poor touch on 2-3 passes, getting into position well.

The team as a whole needs to move better when they're attacking. They look up an everyone is frozen - it completely kills any momentum, gives City time to adjust, and prevents any chance of catching City off guard.

Comment

He's become a real confidence player lately. If he starts a match well, that'll flow thorugh the rest of the match. And vice versa. He didnt start this match particularly well and his confidence and decision making has deteriorated as the match progressed. Hopeful he can turn it around in the 2nd half before he's subbed.

Comment

Very poor performance by Alireza. One of his worst in a Brighton shirt. The rest of the team isn't doing great, but he is definitely one of worst players on the pitch right now and should be subbed put at half time.

Comment

If he can steady his nerves, a couple of good moves can win him over the crowd. That’s if Potters keep him in the side and give him a chance to prove himself.
                    In any case I doubt he can or will stay beyond this season and frankly I hope it’s the last time I watch a Brighton side play!
                    sigpic
                    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I like Gholizadeh and you know I do and I rate his talent . However he is playing against some poor defenders in a league which is known for its attacking emphasis. I do believe that he can succeed in a higher league too but that is yet to be proven.
                      To be fair to Alireza he has played very well in his last two starts and his two sub appearances before those too. As you say his game seems to fall apart at times especially in higher pressure situation. He is also though in this game playing against what has been the best defence in the league this season.

Comment

Yellow to JB may serve Pothead's excuse i.e. early JB's replacement to save the team...

Comment

JB totally dominated a league similar to the one Gholi has been playing in the last 3 seasons. Let’s plz not open up that can of worms lol.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

This is the best I have seen ARJ playing for the past three seasons. I really hope he build on this and get better. He might get an offer from a better EPL club.
                            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic
                            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

2 different players JB in Holland and JB in Brighton. What Ali did in AZ is something else

Comment

Not so happy with him so far, not terribly bad but should have done better on his crosses. Improved defensively a bit though.

Comment

Working...
                                X