X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14th draw of the season.

Comment

I thought Ali did very well. I’m happy with his performance today. He’s been a bit unlucky as well.

I think he deserves to start again next week vs. Man City.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        Trossard and Gross were shocking.

ARJ deserved a goal tonight , great to see him in good form. Those Bahrainis and Iraqis will be shitting themselves with our attacking options.
        Our top 3 legionnaires (Mehdi, Sardar and Alireza on the wing) with 8 Azadegan players would be enough for Bahrain to shit themselves. Unfortunately for them however, we’re bringing many options to Bahrain. There will be no mercy for Bahrain.

Their best option will be to park the bus which I’m 200% certain will be their plan. They will park the bus and try to counter on our defensive errors. If they concede 1 goal, just 1 goal, they’re finished.

Comment

Gross, Moder and to some extent Trossard were shocking tonight. AJ was the best player for sure. I think AJ was getting tired and was subbed not because he was not good enough but to bring a new guy in that will sprint for the last 15 minutes!!! Nicely done Alireza.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
            Gross, Moder and to some extent Trossard were shocking tonight. AJ was the best player for sure. I think AJ was getting tired and was subbed not because he was not good enough but to bring a new guy in that will sprint for the last 15 minutes!!! Nicely done Alireza.
            Yeah exactly, he was subbed because of exhaustion. Even the commentators reiterated this when he was walking out for Tau. They said something along the lines of, “He surely isn’t subbed off for his performance.” Proud of his performance today.

Comment

Potter praised Alireza post match. Seems like the decision to bring him out was to preserve him.

I thought Alireza had a good game, I thought he helped us more in the second half. We adjusted his position in the second half and I thought he threatened the backline really well, had a couple of opportunities and was unlucky not to score.

But he contributed to some good attacking play for us, linked up as well, so pleasing for him. Percy came on and had a really good impact, found some nice space, great weight of pass and a nice assist.

We were a little bit concerned for Alireza as he has not played that many 90 minute games, didn't want him to break down so we thought some fresh legs might help. I thought Percy with his left foot could give us flexibility when playing in behind that backline and play in the space as well. He seemed to be a good option and his attributes fitted the role well

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/f...mpression=true

Comment

I'm actually impressed by the way that he played tonight. He just need few more games to get organized with the team and get his goals back.

Cheshmesh nazanim but i think he'll gety more playing times in next season

Comment

Comment

ARJ hamoonjoori bazi kard ke hamisheh bazi mikoneh. Man hich taghiri dar bazish nemibinam. man shart mibandam hich teami as epl zange dare khunasho nemizaneh. Chon aslan style epl ya lighaye bartar bazi nemikoneh. too hamoon fazaye khodesh jang nemikoneh. dishab khub start zad chand ta tackle khoob zad ama baadesh bargasht be hamoon system khodesh
                    Too lighaye sateh balla entezar daran har 10 bazikon to zemin hameh kar ro anjam bedan: defa, hamleh, bazi sazi va paskari, takl va taghti, davandegi, jagiri, va golzani
                    bazikoni ke moaser nabesheh zood sub misheh.
                    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic
                    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

This Alireza reminds me of his first season with AZ (2015-16). It took him time to acclimate to their system but towards the middle-end of that year with AZ he was showing he’s comfortable and building chemistry with his teammates.

I’m not comparing Eredivisie to EPL or his current form vs. that year. I’m comparing him adapting to his preferred position which is a winger/attacking mid. But because in the last year and half he’s been moved around many times with limited playing time at Brighton. He’s feeling more comfortable as he should, because he’s confident on the wing. He makes impactful decisions on that side because he had high football IQ while playing in that position. But if he’s moved elsewhere he might not be as effective.

My ultimate point is that Alireza is an offensive minded player who’s more comfortable when utilized as a winger. I really hope Graham Potter starts him again despite Maupay returning. He deserves to start vs. both Arsenal and Man City.

I still think it’s best for him to leave Brighton. But if he’s going to stay, him and his agent need to sit down with the club owner and Potter to discuss his playing time. He needs to play matches. He’s proven that in the last 3 games that he deserves to start/or at least be given 30-40 minutes. That is if he’s a professional of course, which we all know he is. He trains hard and is obedient. And if he has those areas covered and he’s not injured, he needs to play. Otherwise he should leave.

Comment

I think it’s too risky for ARJ to stay. Potter has shown time and time again he cannot be trusted. It’d only take 1-2 average performances to make his seat warm again on the bench.

He should definitely leave next season if he can, where he can get consistent minutes, and not be under the mercy of a manager who thinks he’s coaching Real Madrid, who thinks he has a plethora of players to pick from.

Comment

Slept on it and couple of take aways:
                          - I wasn't too impressed on his defensive effort, especially on counters, but once Tau came on, it became clear that the coach didn't want the player in that position to trackback much

- Seems like Brighton fans are generally impressed by his past 4 performances.

- Ali made very good decisions yesterday and made some smart passes. The only bad decisions was when he decided to
                          Go near post on his first attack on the 2nd half. Had he lobbed the ball over to Moder, he could have had an assist.

- He has adapted to the English game very well. You don't see him go down and expect a foul as much as his first season.

- Unfortunately even with the good performances he still hasn't done enough to solidify his place in the starting lineup. Of course it's a bit of bad luck, but at the end of the day I don't see Maupay or Trossard being dropped from the starting lineup next season just because of Alireza's recent form. Had he scored or got an assist in the last 4 games, maybe that would change things a bit mor, but as it stands on paper, he still a "flop/bust".

- He absolutely has to start in the WCQ.

Comment

^ Chossard was invisible the entire game, if there is one player who deserves to be dropped it’s him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              ^ Chossard was invisible the entire game, if there is one player who deserves to be dropped it’s him.
                              Yea, Chossard has been tired and invisible over the past month or so, however I think in order for Alireza to push him out of the line up, he needs to get some assist or goals.

Let's see what happens on Tuesday. Would be nice to see Mac Allister or Lallana take Trossards spot, with Alireza on the right side.

Comment

In chand baazi akhir be nazare man JB ba yek khodbavarie balaatari baazi mikone; fazahaaye khoobi peyda mikone bedoone toop va
                                paaskaarish dar faaze baazisaazi raah oftadeh.

Postesh ham yek jaayi ast ke nazdik be 18-ghadaame, ke in poste aslie JB ast va hamishe bayaad bashad.
                                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Working...
                                X