This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taz View Post
    Not sure why or how that is being used as a stick to beat Potter with (and not surprising in this thread) but interestingly, those comments seem to hint that dropping Ryan was a decision that came from above which is also not surprising given their stats-heavy approach and his embarrassing performance stats. His replacement has excelled. Correct decision. Team potter triumphs again.
    Totally agree. Sanchez was impressing in training and Brighton is a bargain hunter. They recruit from their academy or young unknown players from lower leagues like Poland... They give them a chance to shine in Premier league in hopes of being able to sell them two, three years down the road for 40M+ If they are successful one out of five times, they make lots of money. All this is dependent on staying in Premier league. That is Potter's task to keep the team in Premier league. All recruiting decisions are made higher up. If they kept Ryan, Sanchez would not be able to shine. I feel getting rid of Ryan was in a way player management for Sanchez. Sanchez has much less pressure on him right now because they moved Ryan on. And if Sanchez keeps his form for another year, I can see bigger clubs lining up to buy him. Unfortunately, there is no room for hurt feelings in Premier league.

Comment

On the plus side, at least ARJ didn't get signed by Liverpool and end up with their awful training regime/management of players that leads to injuries.
      He seems to be constantly injured regardless, this whole move has been very depressing. I really hope he can revitalize his career
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Brighton have had 5 clean sheets in there last six league games. Definitely Sanchez plays into that and the defence looks a lot more comfortable with him in goal behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
          Players who go to Qatar or China do the same as Jahanbakhsh, only difference is that they actually play football. What i'm trying to say is better play in Qatar etc than warm the bench at FC Brighton so maybe Alireza can move there as well?
          Who the hell wants to live in Qatar or China?? You usually have to pay someone double what they would get playing in Europe to go over to those places. Also, why the hell would he want to go play there? I'd much rather sit on the bench and train in England than go play in Qatar or China. Especially in the prime of his career.
          "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by The Farbod View Post
            Who the hell wants to live in Qatar or China?? You usually have to pay someone double what they would get playing in Europe to go over to those places. Also, why the hell would he want to go play there? I'd much rather sit on the bench and train in England than go play in Qatar or China. Especially in the prime of his career.
            Who the hell would want to live in Brighton? It's a miserable cloudy rainy and dark place to live, filled with unattractive racist Brits. Qatar is much nicer, i've been to both countries and Qatar is a way better country to live in. I disagree, playing in Qatar or China is better than warming the bench at an overrated club in an overrated league. If Jahanbakhsh keeps warming the bench without any playing time, he shouldn't be invited to TM anymore imo.

Comment

Who the hell would want to live in Brighton? It's a miserable cloudy rainy and dark place to live, filled with unattractive racist Brits. Qatar is much nicer, i've been to both countries and Qatar is a way better country to live in. I disagree, playing in Qatar or China is better than warming the bench at an overrated club in an overrated league. If Jahanbakhsh keeps warming the bench without any playing time, he shouldn't be invited to TM anymore imo.
              Bro what??? Brighton is like one of the nicest towns in England, both culturally and lifestyle wise. It's a city next to a beach...

Qatar is not much nicer wtf Qatar is way too hot and humid. Come on man it's one thing if you said Newcastle or something but Brighton?

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                He seems to be constantly injured regardless, this whole move has been very depressing. I really hope he can revitalize his career

“I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my legs, and every afternoon I break my arms. At night, I lie awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep.”

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                  Bro what??? Brighton is like one of the nicest towns in England, both culturally and lifestyle wise. It's a city next to a beach...
                  Qatar is not much nicer wtf Qatar is way too hot and humid. Come on man it's one thing if you said Newcastle or something but Brighton?
                  Bro what good is a beach when you can't go there? It's way too cold and always rainy to even go to the beach. Qatar is hot and humid during the summer but the weather is really nice during the winter. I was born and raised in Ahvaz (similar climate to Qatar) so i'm used to that type of weather. I prefer it over the gloomy weather in England and northern Europe where you are basically living in darkness, it depresses the hello out of me. Another thing i really dislike about northern Europe is the anti social culture, whenever i want to have a chitchat with random strangers (i have to travel alot for work) people are really cold and look at you funny as if you want something from them. From my own experience i'd much rather live in the (West) Asia, South America or even southern Europe, England for me is one of the worst countries to live in, but to each their own.

Comment

Bro what good is a beach when you can't go there? It's way too cold and always rainy to even go to the beach. Qatar is hot and humid during the summer but the weather is really nice during the winter. I was born and raised in Ahvaz (similar climate to Qatar) so i'm used to that type of weather. I prefer it over the gloomy weather in England and northern Europe where you are basically living in darkness, it depresses the hello out of me. Another thing i really dislike about northern Europe is the anti social culture, whenever i want to have a chitchat with random strangers (i have to travel alot for work) people are really cold and look at you funny as if you want something from them. From my own experience i'd much rather live in the (West) Asia, South America or even southern Europe, England for me is one of the worst countries to live in, but to each their own.
                    spain/northern italy is the best of both worlds imo. good weather, and generally hospitable people compared to northern europe

Comment

^^ Especially Spain IMHO. Northern Italians can be as hostile as French or Dutch.
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                        Exactly. Of all the bad decisions Potter has made, replacing Ryan isn't one of them. He was one of the worst goalies in the league for three seasons who has a serious problem with stopping long shots.
                        not sure i'd agree with that..!? granted i've seen much fewer BHA games than you ( sorry, mostly can't be arsed to watch bha when ali isnt even in the playing picutre) Ryan looked a pretty damn solid of a shot stopper in the last 2-3, especially so for their lowly level of a club in the EPL...!
                        sure he let in a few soft goals pre-his benching and eventual departure but he was far, FAR from their main reason for struggles as a club in EPL..! their generally solid Backline and Keeping were just about the only two positions on the pitch where they consistently looked like they belong to EPL..! Their struggles forever more in this league has been the lack of cutting edge in midfield and attack and producing consistent and sufficient goals to steer off of flirting with relegation every season..!

In fact i can easily guess how and why the dressing room pissfight between Ryan and Maupay occured..?? they were going through a point draught of sorts at the time, their hapless coach was in his usual round about way was scapegoating his players, pinning one vs the other in training and beyond..! so Maupay probably pointed out to a soft goal or two that Ryan had let in in prior matches as the reason for their struggles and the usually mild mannered aussie throws it back to his face the Fact that he wasnt really their problem but Lack of SCORING spearheaded supposedly by their big money signing Maupay was to blame..!!? details and who ended up kicking the other's ass are for us to imagine..? but in the aftermath it becomes clear which is the Club prefers to scapegoat and use that pissfight as a great excuse to force outa of the club dump off their Payroll..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                          Ryan looked a pretty damn solid of a shot stopper in the last 2-3, especially so for their lowly level of a club in the EPL...!
                          Past seasons? Yes. This season? No.

He had the worst save percentage among all goalkeepers in the league. He had more goals conceded than saves made!!! Imagine that... each shot on target had more chance of going in than being saved!

In contrast the new goalkeeper is among the top 5 for save percentage. Top 3 for goal against per 90.
                          Combine this with the difference in their respective ages and salary, and this was perhaps the easiest of decisions.

Stats: https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/keepers...r-League-Stats

Comment

Originally posted by mahzi View Post
                            Past seasons? Yes. This season? No.

He had the worst save percentage among all goalkeepers in the league. He had more goals conceded than saves made!!! Imagine that... each shot on target had more chance of going in than being saved!

In contrast the new goalkeeper is among the top 5 for save percentage. Top 3 for goal against per 90.
                            Combine this with the difference in their respective ages and salary, and this was perhaps the easiest of decisions.

Stats: https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/keepers...r-League-Stats
                            i suppose your right, this season on the few occasions I watched their games he looked a bit shaky & not as commanding as usual in between the sticks for them ..!
                            although Id argue Stats Alone in general can be quiet manipulative and often not nreflective of whats the core issues for their struggles in their standing on EPL table ..!
                            But then again these guys are infatuated with Stats @ their club so I can see why they stoop this classless low to a long time server of the club who often single handily got them points to veer them off of relegation in seasons prior ..!
                            Like I’ve mentioned before being flaky, ungrateful, impatient, hasty &tacky are the typical British virtues after all ..!

Comment

In my self-appointed role as devil's advocate in this thread, I would now like to designate the adjectives blinkered, foolish, careless and hateful as typical Iranian values.

Comment

In my self-appointed role as devil's advocate in this thread, I would now like to designate the adjectives blinkered, foolish, careless and hateful as typical Iranian values.
                                Your Wrong...!Far from it mate ..!
                                I can only admit faghad to
                                “Kooreh Khodo bina hame kasa dige..!”

Comment

Working...
                                X