This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    many xG fanatics and BHA Fans are quick to blame lack of finishing for their struggles for goals regardless of superior possession and passing stats..!! however they fail realize the rather Immense amount of Off-the-Ball running and general Workrate and spent energy is required from their players (including their attackers) in order to amass those high xG figures, top that with the probable fact that major portion of that xG final Number is acquired through mostly useless and Unthreatening possession and passing figure away from the opponents goal...!!
    so here we get decent enough of a finishers of the likes of Maupay, Ali, Trossard busting their ass and expending so much of their energy so much in forming passing squares often in their own half and beyond opposition box that by the time a halfways decent opening/scoring chance falls to them in front of the opponent's goal they fail to latch on to it properly and dispatch it in the back of the net..!
    besides most of their fan's often exaggerate The true Quality of their Scoring Chances, which are in majority just half-chances that a less tired and sharper Striker would have a good chance of finishing..!!
    honesty, as an occasional viewer of their matches, CKs/FKs and Deadball situations is just about the only times that i really feel like they are likely to score a goal..!! from the run of play i hardly find their side Dangerous... so to say...!! regardless of their rather impressive pressing, passing and possession figures in the opposition half of the pitch..!

like i said looong time ago for these guys to get more goals and favorable results, they need become far more direct in the final 3rd of the pitch and their attackers must be provided with more freedom to take half chances on the opposition goal or to send more frequent blind crosses into the opposition box and rely a bit more on creating chaos in the box and count on lucky bounces of the ball inside box to latch on to from time to time..!! or it's gonna be hamin aasho kase for most part, no matter who they bring in as a new striker..!!
    A couple points:

- Possession does not lead to xG. It's a direct objective measure of the quality of chances so although possible that you may think their chances in one game aren't fairly represented by the xG of that game, the fact they consistently attain such a high xG in games clearly indicates the chances are of sufficient quality and high in volume. That is to the credit of the team as a whole, including the players and manager.

- Your point about them expending more energy than is normal and so much so that it's effecting their finishing and composure is an interesting and one that could definitely be feasible. Personally though, I imagine the running stats won't show them as being particularly hard-running, certainly they don't strike me as a side in the mould of a Bielsa team.

- In addition to the above, you look at names, pedigree and general ability of the players these chances are falling to and it's not exactly hard to believe that it may just be that they have players whonare really shit at finishing.

Comment

Sometimes you need to just take a temporary L, before you can move forward.

Going on a loan to Championship tem would his best option as it gives him a chance of being scouted by other EPL teams.

But now at best, he'll be sitting on a bench every Saturday.

Edit: I'm very disappointed. Like I don't understand what point he's trying to prove.

It can't be about money because it's a loan.
      It can't be about lack of playing time because no team in the championship will spend 50k week to keep a guy in the bench.

What about his 2+ years in Brighton gives him the impression his situation will get any better? Does he think they Brought in Tau who is his direct competition just for shits and giggles?
      Last edited by The; 01-29-2021, 06:26 AM.

Comment

His next stop will be Qatar or China.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
          He doesn't want to play lower level.

Comment

At this point I feel like it’s an issue of pride, he doesn’t want to admit this was a wrong move and rather insists to stay in the Premier League just because of the league. Eredivisie or Championship in that regard is a step back for him but sitting on the bench for 5 years during your prime won’t get you anywhere. I guess we should move on to Gholizadeh as he definitely is deserving a starting spot in TM over JB now!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              That’s too bad, because it seems only Eredivisie teams have been interested in loaning him. After 2.5 more seasons on the bench he won’t even have that.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Going on a loan to Championship tem would his best option as it gives him a chance of being scouted by other EPL teams.

Edit: I'm very disappointed. Like I don't understand what point he's trying to prove.

It can't be about lack of playing time because no team in the championship will spend 50k week to keep a guy in the bench.

What about his 2+ years in Brighton gives him the impression his situation will get any better? Does he think they Brought in Tau who is his direct competition just for shits and giggles?
                He is right IMO. No need to go down to a league he already mastered. Brighton will give him playing time in EPL if he doesn't injured himself again at the worst time

Comment

Well at this rate, those + mid-table dutch teams will be his only options when his contract is up.

He could suck it up and play in the championship right now to set himself up for lateral move in the EPL, but doesn't seem like he wants to.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                    Jahanbakhsh Poolaliganji nist, na be teame arabi mire va na be Chin.

Az 17-18 saalegi neshoon daadeh ke donbaale pishrafte footbaali ast va haazere BEKOOSHE ta pishraft kone.

Foghesgh mire Championship ya lige Holland va be sathe ghablish mirese.

Hanooz 5-6 saal mande ta bere Qatar ya Chin, AGAR bere.
                    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

People seem to have lost sight of the fact ARJ was clearly ahead of Mac Allister and, in turn, Tau prior to injury. He would have started their last 4 games if his fitness was right.

You can speak about it being bad luck or whatever but the fact remains he could have been on the books of Chooka Talesh for all the difference it makes, he still wouldn't have played a single minute in the last 2 weeks nor the next two as he is injured.

Comment

Unless some one shoots their studs into your knees or something like that, getting injured all the time shows you are not doing it right.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

He wants the money and he refuses to play at a lower level.
                          He may also know more about the inner workings of the club - for all we know Potter may be at risk of being fired. If that happens, everything resets.

He doesn't need to take a step down at his age.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                            People seem to have lost sight of the fact ARJ was clearly ahead of Mac Allister and, in turn, Tau prior to injury. He would have started their last 4 games if his fitness was right.
                            You can speak about it being bad luck or whatever but the fact remains he could have been on the books of Chooka Talesh for all the difference it makes, he still wouldn't have played a single minute in the last 2 weeks nor the next two as he is injured.
                            Tau was recalled before AJ's injury. It signalled that Brighton were not confident with the forwards they already had (AJ included). Even before AJ got injured, there was a game where Zakiri was brought in instead of him.

Also Mac Allister has been one of the few bright spots over the past two weeks (Although he's more in competition with Lallana and Gross).

Injury or not, it's becoming somewhat clear that his spot in the club is in no shape or form guaranteed, which is why he's one of the players they are willing to loan out.

Either way, Brighton have way too many Forwards right now (Maupay, Trossard, Welbeck, Connolly, Tau, AJ, Zakiri) who are all competing for the two forward spots most matches, or (Maupay, Trossard, Welbeck, Connolly, Tau, AJ, Zakiri, Gross, Mac Allister) for the three forward spots when Brighton goes with their back-up formation.

He wants the money and he refuses to play at a lower level.
                            He may also know more about the inner workings of the club - for all we know Potter may be at risk of being fired. If that happens, everything resets.

He doesn't need to take a step down at his age.
                            I hope you are right and he knows something we don't. It's just hard for me to stay optimistic after 2.5 years of watching him waste away.
                            Last edited by The; 01-29-2021, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Well at this rate, those + mid-table dutch teams will be his only options when his contract is up.

He could suck it up and play in the championship right now to set himself up for lateral move in the EPL, but doesn't seem like he wants to.
                              Disagree. He can't validate their projections. He has to stand his ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                                Jahanbakhsh Poolaliganji nist, na be teame arabi mire va na be Chin.

Az 17-18 saalegi neshoon daadeh ke donbaale pishrafte footbaali ast va haazere BEKOOSHE ta pishraft kone.

Foghesgh mire Championship ya lige Holland va be sathe ghablish mirese.

Hanooz 5-6 saal mande ta bere Qatar ya Chin, AGAR bere.
                                He’s not Poolaliganji, but if I am not mistaken, wasn’t ‘pool’ supposedly one of the reasons he chose Brighton over Leicester?

He won’t get paid close to his current wage in the Netherlands. Even PSV and Ajax wanted him on loan. No indication that they would be interested in him 2-3 years later on a permanent contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X