This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy fucked himself.

When summer came and he was left out of 20+ matchday squads at back end of season that was his moment to leave. He again got BSed around by pothead and co and convinced "it would be different". Then again at start of season he was hardly rewarded for strong games and bench apps as brighton without him continued to shit the bed.

Now he has again failed to build up match fitness due to lack of consistent mins, when he does get a rare start he usually gets injured, and just cant find his rhythm.

He is wasting his own time and ours. But he is making good money so that is the only positive. Still, making good money is not a metric for your inclusion in TM xi.

For me, like I have said before, he is no longer a definite TM starter. He cannot be relied on and doesnt make a very big impact much of the time anyways with our playing style. Gholizadeh is undisputed starter in my books. If we play in same formation as last match (3412) there is no space for ARJ.

If we revert to 4 back he will compete with ghoddos, ghaedi, etc. If ghoddos regains his form/fitness in coming months (esp if it as a central player) he can take CAM/CM spot from gholi and gholi can move wide into RW slot if we play with 433/4231.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      The guy fucked himself.

When summer came and he was left out of 20+ matchday squads at back end of season that was his moment to leave. He again got BSed around by pothead and co and convinced "it would be different". Then again at start of season he was hardly rewarded for strong games and bench apps as brighton without him continued to shit the bed.

Now he has again failed to build up match fitness due to lack of consistent mins, when he does get a rare start he usually gets injured, and just cant find his rhythm.

He is wasting his own time and ours. But he is making good money so that is the only positive. Still, making good money is not a metric for your inclusion in TM xi.

For me, like I have said before, he is no longer a definite TM starter. He cannot be relied on and doesnt make a very big impact much of the time anyways with our playing style. Gholizadeh is undisputed starter in my books. If we play in same formation as last match (3412) there is no space for ARJ.

If we revert to 4 back he will compete with ghoddos, ghaedi, etc. If ghoddos regains his form/fitness in coming months (esp if it as a central player) he can take CAM/CM spot from gholi and gholi can move wide into RW slot if we play with 433/4231.
      How is he wasting our time?!! What time are you wasting? If anything he is saving us time because when I see he is not in the starting lineup it spares me 90 minutes of watching Brighton play like garbage.

IMO he has become a better all around player, but no doubt is not in a good situation. He should get a move this summer if he can because I think he has the capability to shine in a good attacking team. The PL is tough and there are many good players who don't play at all (look at Iheanacho at Leicester for example). He may not be a definite starter in TM but he is very much an asset for us, and I think we will see the difference the harder, more defense-minded parts of his game makes in a team like ours. It is also something our new generation can learn from, rather than looking up to players like Ali Karimi who's skills only worked in one direction.
      ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

Yeah, I'm not having people come in here with hindsight and say ARJ would have been a PL star if he'd taken the Leicester route.

What people underestimate is just how difficult it is to make it in the EPL (especially as an attacking player responsible for creating and scoring goals). For every Mahrez, there's 50 Ghezzals. Benrahma is currently running around looking clueless, Ziyech is coming in for hate with less than 10 games played, Pepe is widely recognised as a bum, Kean got sent packing with, Naby Keita's body can't cope with it, Joelinton is a comedy act, I could go on.

To have decided to test himself at this level was a brave decision that showed great self-belief and he could have sat on his arse and collected the money like a mercenary but he's never done that. He's always worked hard and because of that, he deserves all the respect.

It's easy to write him off for TM because of his limited Brighton cameos but rest assured, the quality is clearly there and as many will agree, he's a better player now than he was at AZ so he demands respect.

It's sad that had he just continued to score goals at a low level like Eredivisie (nevermind Belgium!) he would have had more respect amongst Iranians.

Comment

I'm usually against players playing through injuries, but unless he has a major injury, he should pop some pills or something and play through the pain this Wednesday. He really needs every chance get can get to bring his stock back up.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            I'm usually against players playing through injuries, but unless he has a major injury, he should pop some pills or something and play through the pain this Wednesday. He really needs every chance get can get to bring his stock back up.
            he needs to channel his inner Sardar vs Lyon

Comment

This has to be the most depressive thread ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ararat Tehran View Post
                This has to be the most depressive thread ever.
                than what do you say about the Beiranvand thread?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Jahanbakhsh: 'When a club comes from the Netherlands, it always feels very good'

Alireza Jahanbakhsh is already working on his third season in England at Brighton & Hove Albion. Where he left the Netherlands as top scorer, he has to do it more often than he would like with a place on the bench.

After two years at NEC and three years at AZ, the Iranian attacker opted for an English adventure in 2018. After an Eredivisie season with 21 goals and 12 assists, he thought it was time for the next step. In the Premier League, Jahanbakhsh is only two goals in forty matches. In the current competition, he is still dry, although he found the net twice in the League Cup.

Where he was picked up by manager Chris Hughton he nowadays has to deal with Graham Potter, who plays in a system without real wingers. 'In the Netherlands and Iran I was always a real right winger and I could come in a lot, I haven't done that for two years now. This season I convinced the manager that I can also play in his system. I work hard every day to be the player he wants me to be. '

This season Jahanbakhsh mainly has to do with raids. "This year, in terms of performance and playing minutes, it is better than last year," says the Iranian international. 'But that's not enough for me: I want to play more, that's clear. I am at the peak of my career and should not be too cautious. '

THE NETHERLANDS
                  Last summer he talked to other clubs, also from the Netherlands . "When a club comes from the Netherlands, it always feels very good to me," he explains. 'It's a nice idea that the doors are always open for me. Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord and of course AZ are clubs that always play at a good level and play in the Europa League or Champions League. ' After several meetings, Brighton decided they didn't want to let Jahanbakhsh go last summer.

The transfer market is now open again, but he does not yet know what the future will bring him. 'I haven't decided yet. This is not the first difficult phase of my career. I am a fighter and will continue to fight for my chances. I once came to Europe to play at the highest level. With the Premier League I am currently there, but just being on the level is not enough for me. Just like in Nijmegen and Alkmaar, I also want to leave something behind here. '

Read the full story about Alireza Jahanbakhsh on VI PRO, in which he tells about playing football in flip-flops, cycling among the Nijmegen students and his love for the Netherlands.
                  Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                  O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Is it just me, or after all these years of watching Iranian players try in the EPL, is it not obvious that La Liga, Eresdivisie, or even Serie A are better choices? It's not just the style of football that is more conducive to Iranian footballer success (in those other countries); it's also the culture. Yes, I know Andranik had a decent few games at Bolton back in the day, and Dejagah had an even better run at Fulham, but sheesh..

The EPL is not for Iranians. It just isn't.

Comment

As the famous saying goes, for every Son Heung-min there is a Seol Ki-hyeon.

Actually that's bollocks because generally South Koreans have done really well in the prem on every occasion (Park, Lee x 2, Ki) but let's not let facts get in the way of a chance to see Iranians in the prem

Comment

Well, here we go again everyone jumping on the bandwagon and explaining how ARJ (or Iranians in general!!!) are ill-suited for EPL. NOT SO. Take it from a guy who called BS on PotterBall when it was still fashionable to sing his praises, yes right here on PFDC.

ARJ is very well suited for EPL (and there is no anti-EPL gene in other Iranians either). The problem was/is a very poor coach, a clueless one that has no business coaching anything above Swedish 3rd division.

A player, in any league, needs a good run of games to be match fit and ready. You cannot just insert a guy every other month and expect him to gel with his teammates and save a sinking ship. Despite all of that, ARJ showed flashes of what he can do last year. As a reward he was benched.

Even this year, I would say his level of play was definitely above average on a very poor BHA team. If ARJ is not fit for EPL, then most of BHA players and a good bunch of players from other teams are also not fit either. But the reality is that he is very well-suited for EPL if he had the right coach and management.

His biggest mistake was not to leave after Potter proved himself to be an imbecile. On the other hand, he is a professional and he is making his money. So good for him. I do not think he should worry about how we feel.
                        Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Alireza is on the right path.
                          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                          نگاه میکنید.
                          sigpic
                          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Another interview

“I haven’t decided yet” – Brighton player quizzed on future, not content with Seagulls role

http://sportwitness.co.uk/brighton-m...-blocked-exit/

Looks like he still has all those Netherlands options available to him

Comment

As suspected he is out of the squad for the City game. The team they are putting out is shocking and bunch of kids on the bench too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OfficialB...00819485982720

Comment

This is gonna be the mother of all thrashings. Dan Burn watch should be pure comedy against City's movement.

Comment

Working...
                                X