Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Tau in the same dogshit bracket as Zeqiri. Two complete bums.

What we really don't need is City away being one of ARJ's designated annual starts (unless Lamptey returns ofc).

Comment

PKs right now Awful awful awful
      maupay and chossard and bissouma all missed.
      2-2 after 5. sudden death
      Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Chossard [emoji3061][emoji855][emoji3061]

Comment

Brighton are thru but just...hmmmmm

Comment

The media will gush over the incredible way Potter rallied to defeat the high flying 2nd place team of League 2

Comment

Lmao it's actually hilarious seeing South Africans taking over Brighton's page.. Looks like the Iranian Internet Mafia finally had enough of Brighton

Sending lots of prayers and patience to these South African fans

Comment

Any Dutch member here has the VI Pro to copy paste their ARJ article of yesterday?
                Here is the link ; https://www.vi.nl/pro/zo-schopte-ali...premier-league

For example, Alireza Jahanbakhsh kicked it from the streets of Iran to the Premier League

Alireza Jahanbakhsh (27) had played the Eredivisie properly in 2018. On behalf of AZ, he delivered twelve assists and scored 21 goals, making him the top scorer in the Netherlands. He earned a move to Brighton & Hove Albion in the Premier League.

In the biggest competition in the world, things are not going so well for the Iranian attacker. Where he was a guarantee for goals in the Netherlands, he has two goals in forty Premier League matches. This season he comes into action regularly, but he has to do it more often than he likes with raids.

From Brighton, Jahanbakhsh talks about his childhood in Iran, cycling among the Dutch students and his plans for the future.

'It is impossible to describe what the Netherlands has given me. For five years it really felt like home. I try to realize as much as possible what the people and the football world have done for me there. It was the best time of my career. I really like the country. The Netherlands gave me the opportunity to come to Europe, so I now play in the Premier League. I want to thank the country and the people for that.

See, as a little boy I grew up in northwestern Iran in a town called Qazvin. My dad and uncles were crazy about football, while my sister was always very fanatic with basketball. I have tried almost every sport myself: gymnastics, handball, kung fu and athletics. I mainly played football in the streets of Qazvin. From morning to night I was playing soccer with my friends. Neighbors regularly came to my mother's door because I had broken another window. Apparently my sense of direction was not very good at the time.

the rest can't be read without subscription, Google Translated to English.
                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                  Any Dutch member here has the VI Pro to copy paste their ARJ article of yesterday?
                  Here is the link ; https://www.vi.nl/pro/zo-schopte-ali...premier-league
                  For example, Alireza Jahanbakhsh kicked it from the streets of Iran to the Premier League
                  Alireza Jahanbakhsh (27) had played the Eredivisie properly in 2018. On behalf of AZ, he delivered twelve assists and scored 21 goals, making him the top scorer in the Netherlands. He earned a move to Brighton & Hove Albion in the Premier League.
                  In the biggest competition in the world, things are not going so well for the Iranian attacker. Where he was a guarantee for goals in the Netherlands, he has two goals in forty Premier League matches. This season he comes into action regularly, but he has to do it more often than he likes with raids.
                  From Brighton, Jahanbakhsh talks about his childhood in Iran, cycling among the Dutch students and his plans for the future.
                  'It is impossible to describe what the Netherlands has given me. For five years it really felt like home. I try to realize as much as possible what the people and the football world have done for me there. It was the best time of my career. I really like the country. The Netherlands gave me the opportunity to come to Europe, so I now play in the Premier League. I want to thank the country and the people for that.
                  See, as a little boy I grew up in northwestern Iran in a town called Qazvin. My dad and uncles were crazy about football, while my sister was always very fanatic with basketball. I have tried almost every sport myself: gymnastics, handball, kung fu and athletics. I mainly played football in the streets of Qazvin. From morning to night I was playing soccer with my friends. Neighbors regularly came to my mother's door because I had broken another window. Apparently my sense of direction was not very good at the time.
                  the rest can't be read without subscription, Google Translated to English.
                  Dutch:

Alireza Jahanbakhsh (27) had in 2018 de Eredivisie behoorlijk uitgespeeld. Namens AZ leverde hij twaalf assists en maakte hij 21 doelpunten, waarmee hij topscorer van Nederland werd. Hij verdiende hiermee een overstap naar Brighton & Hove Albion in de Premier League.

In de grootste competitie van de wereld gaat het allemaal iets minder lekker voor de Iraanse aanvaller. Waar hij in Nederland een garantie voor doelpunten was, staat hij in veertig Premier League-duels op twee doelpunten. Dit seizoen komt hij regelmatig in actie, maar moet hij het vaker dan hem lief is doen met invalbeurten.

Vanuit Brighton vertelt Jahanbakhsh over zijn jeugd in Iran, fietsen tussen de Nederlandse studenten en zijn plannen voor de toekomst.

© Pro Shots
                  ‘Het is niet te beschrijven wat Nederland mij heeft gegeven. Vijf jaar lang voelde het echt als mijn thuis. Ik probeer zoveel mogelijk te beseffen wat de mensen en de voetbalwereld daar voor me hebben gedaan. Het was de beste tijd uit mijn carrière. Ik hou echt van het land. Nederland gaf me de kans om naar Europa te komen, waardoor ik nu in de Premier League speel. Daar wil ik het land en de mensen voor bedanken.

Kijk, als kleine jongen groeide ik op in het noordwesten van Iran in een stad genaamd Qazvin. Mijn vader en ooms waren gek van voetbal, terwijl mijn zus altijd erg fanatiek was met basketbal. Zelf heb ik bijna iedere sport geprobeerd: gymnastiek, handbal, kungfu en atletiek. Voetballen deed ik vooral in de straten van Qazvin. Van ’s ochtends vroeg tot ’s avonds laat was ik aan het voetballen met mijn vrienden. Regelmatig kwamen er buren bij mijn moeder aan de deur omdat ik weer een ruit kapot had geschoten. Klaarblijkelijk was mijn richtingsgevoel in die tijd nog niet zo goed.

De verliezers moesten altijd een koud blikje drinken halen voor de winnaars. Dat blikje voelde voor ons als een trofee
                  Ik weet nog goed dat we bijna altijd op hetzelfde pleintje voetbalden. Die potjes gingen er altijd fanatiek aan toe. Het ging er extra hard aan toe omdat de verliezers altijd een koud blikje drinken voor de winnaars moesten kopen. Het was een soort Fanta, maar dan van een old school merk dat tegenwoordig niet eens meer bestaat. Dat blikje drinken voelde voor ons als een trofee.

Mijn vader werkte vroeger altijd in een fietsenfabriek in Qazvin. In Iran is het vaak zo dat een bedrijf ook eigenaar is van een flatgebouw, waar alle werknemers wonen. Er was een flat voor de fietsenfabriek, maar ook bijvoorbeeld een gebouw voor de fabriek waar Honda-motoren in elkaar werden gezet. We speelden vaak toernooitjes tegen de bewoners van die verschillende gebouwen. Het waren fantastische tijden.

We kwamen als gezin niets tekort, maar hadden het ook zeker niet breed. Mijn vader zorgde ervoor dat mijn moeder, zus en broertje alles kregen wat we nodig hadden, maar we konden bijvoorbeeld niets extra’s krijgen. Een PlayStation was veel te duur en ik weet nog goed dat ik altijd een paar sneakers deelde met mijn zus. Ik gebruikte die schoenen voor atletiek en handbal en zij voor haar basketbalwedstrijden.

Op een dag speelde ik ’s ochtends een handbalwedstrijd en had mijn zus de schoenen die middag nodig. Ik speelde een lekkere wedstrijd, alleen mijn schoenen overleefden dat potje niet. Ze waren kapot en ik was doodsbang om het aan mijn zus te vertellen. Mijn sportleraar wist dat ik die schoenen deelde met mijn zus en zei: ‘Wacht zo even op mij, ik moet nog iets halen bij de winkel.’ Doordat ik zo goed had gespeeld bracht hij me na de wedstrijd naar een sportwinkel en mocht ik een nieuw paar schoenen uitkiezen. Eenmaal thuis liet ik mijn zus de kapotte schoenen zien. En zoals verwacht: ze was woest. Er verscheen een grote glimlach op haar gezicht toen ik de nieuwe schoenen tevoorschijn toverde.

Ik deelde een paar sneakers met mijn zus. Voetballen deed ik lange tijd op slippers
                  Die sportschoenen mocht ik sowieso nooit aan als ik ging voetballen, dan waren ze waarschijnlijk al veel eerder gesneuveld. In de straten van Qazvin speelde ik daarom altijd op slippers. Het heeft lang geduurd voordat ik mijn eerste paar voetbalschoenen kon kopen. In Iran vieren we op 21 maart altijd Nowruz, dat is ons nieuwe jaar. Het is traditie dat volwassen mensen tijdens Nowruz cashgeld geven aan de kinderen van de familie. Als we bijvoorbeeld naar mijn oom gingen, gaven mijn ouders geld aan mijn neefjes en nichtjes.

Rond mijn veertiende zou ik in april van dat jaar een stage hebben in de Iraanse hoofdstad Teheran. Daar kon ik natuurlijk niet aankomen op mijn slippers. In de winkel zag ik van die zwarte Puma Kings liggen, die vond ik prachtig. Een paar kostte 75 euro en mijn vader vertelde me dat het veel te duur was. Ik had stiekem wat geld gespaard en voegde daar het geld van Nowruz aan toe. Ik had nog een klein tekort, maar mijn vader heeft het aangevuld zodat ik die Puma’s kon kopen. Dat betekende ontzettend veel voor me.

Het lijkt erop dat je één of meerdere social media-scripts op VI.nl hebt uitgeschakeld. Daarom worden er geen social posts of liveblogs geladen. Wijzig hier je instellingen.

Op mijn vijftiende liet ik Qazvin en mijn ouders achter om mijn droom waar te maken. In eerste instantie ging ik met andere spelers van de Iraanse jeugdploegen samenwonen in Teheran. Later kwam ik in het noorden van Iran terecht waar ik uiteindelijk op mijn zeventiende mijn debuut maakte op het hoogste niveau voor de club Damash Gilan.

Het ging allemaal lekker in Iran, maar ik had altijd al in mijn hoofd dat ik in Europa wilde spelen. Ik weet nog goed dat tijdens een Azie Cup met Iran Onder-19 in Qatar een man was genaamd Carlos Aalbers, van de club NEC uit Nijmegen. Ik had nog nooit van NEC gehoord. Is dat überhaupt een team? Eenmaal thuis ben ik toch eens onderzoek gaan doen en zag ik dat NEC op het hoogste niveau van Nederland speelde. Er was ook interesse uit Frankrijk en Turkije, maar omdat talenten in Nederland vaak de kans krijgen, wilde ik die kant op.

Mijn ouders zagen het in eerste instantie totaal niet zitten dat ik al op mijn negentiende richting Nederland zou gaan. Zeker vergeleken met een Islamitisch land als Iran is Nederland ontzettend vrij. Ik had in die tijd ook bijna bij de grootste club van Iran getekend. Mijn ouders zijn groot fan van Persepolis FC en vonden het een veel fijner idee dat ik daar heen zou gaan. Op een dag zaten we met de hele familie samen en heb ik ze verteld dat ik naar Nederland zou gaan. Mijn moeder begon meteen hard te huilen: ‘Je bent nog zo jong, kun je niet beter hier blijven?’ Maar ik was vastberaden dat ik mijn kans in Europa wilde grijpen.

© Pro Shots
                  Het maakte het voor mijn ouders makkelijker dat Amir Hashemi een bezoek bracht bij ons thuis. Amir komt uit Iran en woont al jarenlang in de buurt van Nijmegen. Hij stelde mijn ouders gerust dat hij goed op me zou passen. Amir, zijn vrouw en hun zoon Aria hielpen me met de taal, het zoeken van een appartement en het kopen van meubels. Met Aria werd ik goede vrienden, net als met twee andere Iraanse jongens in Nederland. Zij maakten het een stuk makkelijker om te wennen aan mijn nieuwe omgeving. Ik ging ook regelmatig bij de familie Hashemi Perzisch eten. Amir is uiteindelijk mijn zaakwaarnemer geworden en is dat nog tot de dag van vandaag.

Daar zat ik dan als negentienjarige jongen in een appartement in het stadje Beuningen. In de eerste maanden had ik ook nog geen rijbewijs en ging ik vaak op de fiets richting het trainingscomplex bij De Goffert. Iedere dag fietste ik in een grote stoet aan studenten vanuit Beuningen richting Nijmegen. Die studenten waren in de kou gewoon relaxed, maar voor mij was het soms echt lijden. Door de kou en de regen zat ik vaak bibberend op de fiets, achteraf moet ik zelf erg lachen om dat beeld.

In mijn eerste seizoen moest ik erg wennen bij NEC en degradeerden we uiteindelijk. Het tweede seizoen verbraken we verschillende records in de Jupiler League en promoveerden we direct. Na twee jaar in Nijmegen verdiende ik een transfer naar AZ. Ik weet nog dat mijn ploeggenoot Vincent Janssen in mijn eerst seizoen de topscorer van de Eredivisie werd. Op een ochtend zaten we op de club aan het ontbijt en zou Vincent die avond zijn Gouden Schoen gaan ophalen. Die ochtend zei ik tegen Joris van Overeem: ‘Ooit ga ik die prijs winnen.’

© Pro Shots
                  Twee jaar later stond ik daadwerkelijk op het podium van het gala als topscorer van de Eredivisie. Toen heb ik nog tegen Joris gezegd: ‘Ik zei toch dat ik hem ging winnen?’ Mijn vader overhandigde me de prijs, terwijl mijn moeder ook in de zaal zat. Nu zagen mijn ouders waarom ik zo vroeg was vertrokken. Mijn moeder was harstikke bezorgd aan het begin, maar toen ik na mijn eerste jaar bij NEC op het WK mocht spelen, kwamen in Iran allerlei mensen naar haar toe om te zeggen dat ze een goede keuze had gemaakt. Dat maakte haar zo trots.

Sinds de zomer van 2018 speel ik in de Premier League bij Brighton. De manager van destijds Chris Hughton wilde me al vier jaar graag hebben. Het eerste jaar stond in het teken van aanpassen aan een grotere club met hogere verwachtingen. Na mijn eerste seizoen wist ik zeker dat ik een beter jaar zou krijgen, maar helaas werd onze manager ontslagen. De nieuwe trainer Graham Potter hanteert een hele andere manier van spelen. Waar we eerst 4-3-3 speelden, is het nu vaak 3-5-2, waardoor we nooit met buitenspelers voetballen. In Nederland en bij Iran was ik altijd een echte rechtsbuiten en kon ik veel naar binnen komen, dat heb ik nu al twee jaar niet gedaan. Dit seizoen heb ik de manager overtuigd dat ik ook in zijn systeem kan spelen. Ik werk er elke dag hard voor om de speler te zijn die hij wil dat ik ben.

Ik wil meer spelen, dat is duidelijk
                  Het gaat dit jaar qua prestaties en speelminuten beter dan vorig jaar. Maar dat is nog niet genoeg voor mij: ik wil meer spelen, dat is duidelijk. Ik zit in de piek van mijn carrière en moet me niet al te afwachtend opstellen. Ik probeer zoveel mogelijk belangrijk te zijn voor het team en weet dat ik meer kan leveren dan dit. Afgelopen zomer waren er gesprekken met clubs uit verschillende landen, ook uit Nederland. Als er een club uit Nederland komt, voelt dat voor mij altijd meteen heel erg goed. Het is een fijn idee dat de deuren er altijd voor me openstaan. Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord en natuurlijk AZ zijn clubs die altijd op een goed niveau spelen en uitkomen in de Europa League of Champions League. Maar na vijf of zes meetings was Brighton afgelopen zomer duidelijk: ze wilden me niet laten gaan.

Ook in deze transferperiode zullen er weer gesprekken zijn, maar ik heb nog niets besloten. Dit is niet de eerste moeilijke fase in mijn carrière. Ik ben een vechter en zal blijven knokken voor mijn kansen. Ik ben ooit naar Europa gekomen om op het hoogste niveau te spelen. Met de Premier League ben ik daar momenteel, maar alleen op het level zijn is niet genoeg voor mij. Net als in Nijmegen en Alkmaar wil ik ook hier iets achterlaten. We gaan zien wat de toekomst brengt.

Na mijn carrière staat al vast dat ik iets wil teruggeven aan de jeugd in Iran. Dat kan door middel van een voetbalschool of iets groters. Ik zou het mooi vinden om een eigen profclub te hebben. Een club met een goede jeugdopleiding, waarmee ik andere spelers kan helpen om een mooie carrière te krijgen. Ik wil deuren openen voor Iraanse kinderen. Precies wat andere mensen ook voor mij hebben gedaan.’

English using Google Translate:

In the largest competition in the world, things are not going so well for the Iranian attacker. Where he was a guarantee for goals in the Netherlands, he has two goals in forty Premier League matches. This season he comes into action regularly, but he has to do it more often than he likes with raids.

© Pro Shots
                  "It is impossible to describe what the Netherlands has given me. For five years it really felt like home. I try to realize as much as possible what the people and the football world have done for me there. It was the best time of my career. I really like the country. The Netherlands gave me the opportunity to come to Europe, so I now play in the Premier League. I want to thank the country and the people for that.

See, as a little boy I grew up in northwestern Iran in a town called Qazvin. My dad and uncles were crazy about football, while my sister was always very fanatic with basketball. I have tried almost every sport myself: gymnastics, handball, kung fu and athletics. I mainly played football in the streets of Qazvin. From early morning until late at night I was playing soccer with my friends. Neighbors regularly came to my mother's door because I had broken another window. Apparently my sense of direction was not very good at the time.

The losers always had to get a cold can of drink for the winners. That can felt like a trophy to us
                  I remember very well that we almost always played football on the same square. Those pots were always fanatic. It was extra hard because the losers always had to buy a cold can of drink for the winners. It was a kind of Fanta, but from an old school brand that no longer even exists today. That can of drink felt like a trophy to us.

My father used to work in a bicycle factory in Qazvin. In Iran it is often the case that a company also owns an apartment building, where all employees live. There was a flat for the bicycle factory, but also, for example, a building for the factory where Honda motorcycles were assembled. We often played tournaments against the residents of those different buildings. These were fantastic times.

As a family we were not short of anything, but we were certainly not well off. My dad made sure my mom, sister and brother got everything we needed, but we couldn't get anything extra, for example. A PlayStation was way too expensive and I remember that I always shared a pair of sneakers with my sister. I used those shoes for track and field and handball and she used them for her basketball games.

One day I was playing a handball game in the morning and my sister needed the shoes that afternoon. I played a nice game, only my shoes did not survive that game. They were broken and I was terrified to tell my sister. My sports teacher knew I was sharing those shoes with my sister and said, `` Wait for me, I have to get something from the store. '' Because I had played so well, he took me to a sports shop after the game and I was allowed a choose a new pair of shoes. Once at home, I showed my sister the broken shoes. And as expected, she was furious. A big smile appeared on her face as I pulled out the new shoes.

I shared a pair of sneakers with my sister. For a long time I played football in flip-flops
                  I was never allowed to wear those sports shoes when I started playing football, then they would probably have been killed before. That's why I always played on flip-flops on the streets of Qazvin. It took a long time before I could buy my first pair of football boots. In Iran we always celebrate Nowruz on March 21, which is our New Year. It is a tradition for adult people to give cash to the children of the family during Nowruz. For example, when we went to my uncle, my parents would give money to my nephews and nieces.

When I was about fourteen, I would have an internship in the Iranian capital Tehran in April of that year. Of course I could not touch my slippers. In the store I saw those black Puma Kings, which I loved. A few cost 75 euros and my father told me it was way too expensive. I had secretly saved some money and added Nowruz's money. I still had a small shortage, but my father filled it up so that I could buy those Pumas. That meant an awful lot to me.

It seems that you have disabled one or more social media scripts on VI.nl.

Comment

Alireza is now playing the football fans, and managers like to see. Works harder, runs around more, sprints to position/tackle plus his own unique skills. The more he does that the more fans want him in the starting XI. I hope we see him starting and producing his best against Man City.
                    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic
                    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                      Alireza is now playing the football fans, and managers like to see. Works harder, runs around more, sprints to position/tackle plus his own unique skills. The more he does that the more fans want him in the starting XI. I hope we see him starting and producing his best against Man City.
                      He surely will start since most others played 120 minutes but Alireza needs to find a new team where he can shine, i dont believe in brighton and Alireza anymore, he needs to be a star of a team.

Also i have the feeling that it will not be a very good day for brighton against manchester city

Comment

Originally posted by ParsaV View Post
                        Dutch:

Alireza Jahanbakhsh (27) had in 2018 de Eredivisie behoorlijk uitgespeeld. Namens AZ leverde hij twaalf assists en maakte hij 21 doelpunten, waarmee hij topscorer van Nederland werd. Hij verdiende hiermee een overstap naar Brighton & Hove Albion in de Premier League.
                        Dasted dard nakone Parsa Jaan.

Dutch people love this kind of stories, i don't : (
                        ARJ makes it look like all of Iran is poor, which isn't far from the true, but still not the real face of iran IMHO....

Hashemi and his son are great people though!
                        Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                        O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Jesus Christ, Alireza is made out of glass.

Basically going to miss a game where he's guaranteed to start.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

I actually thought he may of last night , the two subs were made and he was moved into a better position where he was performing well in the short time. He then got a slight tackle on the left hand side and was slow attacking into the box, was behind the play.
                            Then there was another attack on the right hand side but Alireza stayed further back next to where the dugouts were and didn’t attack, then the camera cut to Percy Tau sat in the stands and taking his tracksuit off quickly.

Looks as if original plan when the subs were made was to give Alireza more time, that pitch was shocking and too so no surprise he picked up a knock.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Lol and then the guy criticize bha management. He choose the wrong club, choose to stay for more than 2 years and get injuried everytime he has a golden chance to become a key player.
                              He has only himself to blame

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                Lol and then the guy criticize bha management. He choose the wrong club, choose to stay for more than 2 years and get injuried everytime he has a golden chance to become a key player.
                                He has only himself to blame

Right, Leicester bought ghezzal for RW that same year and were also interested in ARJ too if reports are true, as critical i have been with him he is a better player than Ghezzal for sure.
                                Now Leicester are still stuck with Albrighton at right hand side, IF reports were true ARJ had the opportunity to become first XI of a far better team.

This whole transfer has been a fiasco for and from all the parts involved. There were surely better opportunities than Brighton at the time, I'm talking about Leicester based on the reports but be sure that Eredivisie is one of the most scouted championship around by TOP 5 league.

The worst is that ARJ wasted/is wasting his prime in a relegation fodder team and now seems to have the level to be entitled to struggle for a spot in that same team.
                                What worries me is the level of clubs who may be interested from him after his failed stint, and the money Brighton would ask as they want to recoup their fee.

If he is willing to go in July he has to get the opportunity to shine at Brighton, and DO it of course. If he stays, it's at the risk of wasting another year in his prime which will be over soon. EPL is the best around, but struggled to get game time in one of his worst side, can't see a bigger english team coming for him.

Top club in FR league one playing CL (realisticaly outside PSG) would be nice at this stage of his career imo

Comment

Working...
                                X