This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
    ARJ did respectably today considering striker is not his position. The fact is: when you have a consistently losing team, it will emit negative energy to not only the players, but the fans.
    They will magnify every mistake, and gloss over every positive. The unfair scrutiny ARJ gets from fans, is a result of their hopeless state, wanting their highest paid player ever, to work magic.
    Also, there is no relationship between ARJ’s performance, and how many minutes Potter gives him. What was ARJ ‘s reward last year for scoring the bicycle against Chelsea or scoring another goal? More playing time? No.
    Before his injury this year, his stats showed him in productive form this season, yet, Potter didn’t show faith by playing him much more.
    Potter is more intent on playing “his way,” rather than utilizing the strengths of players given to him. I’ve never seen a player get signed to a FIVE year contract, be their biggest investment, yet, so impatient and reluctant to truly immerse him in league play, when you’re practically a BOTTOM ranked team. Are you afraid to rock the boat? There is no boat.
    question is why wasn t he a regular under Hughton who brought him for that record fee?
    When a player fails to be a regular under two managers you got to question yourself about the player also.

A player that cant get a spot over bang average players like Knockaert at first, and then Trossard or bloody Connoly over two professional coaches that see them at training day week and week out there is surely something wrong.

It has no sense for a relegation fodder not to play their best players, if ARJ showed it at training ground or during his cameos (bar that amazing goal against Chelsea)
    be sure he would be the first name on the team sheet , would he be iranian chinese african or martian.

BHAFC fans in their forum are harsh , they are as passionate about their club as some are passionate here about ARJ.
    It's their record signing and after three years there he hasnt show being a player valuable of that cost of money.

I mean even with TM has he even delivered?
    Had a great season with AZ in Eredivisie, stats wise best RW in the league at that time but if Ziyech was iranian i would swap him with JB with my eyes closed

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
        question is why wasn t he a regular under Hughton who brought him for that record fee?
        When a player fails to be a regular under two managers you got to question yourself about the player also.

A player that cant get a spot over bang average players like Knockaert at first, and then Trossard or bloody Connoly over two professional coaches that see them at training day week and week out there is surely something wrong.

It has no sense for a relegation fodder not to play their best players, if ARJ showed it at training ground or during his cameos (bar that amazing goal against Chelsea)
        be sure he would be the first name on the team sheet , would he be iranian chinese african or martian.

BHAFC fans in their forum are harsh , they are as passionate about their club as some are passionate here about ARJ.
        It's their record signing and after three years there he hasnt show being a player valuable of that cost of money.

Had a great season with AZ in Eredivisie, stats wise best RW in the league at that time but if Ziyech was iranian i would swap him with JB with my eyes closed
        To this day I don’t know if Hughton wanted him. Hughton played a conservative, defensive style that demanded almost all defense and minimal attack. It was never going to work for a guy like JB who needs space and opportunity to go forward. He was similarly held back in TM due to CQ’s style (no complaints from me, it was necessary for the most part).

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          yea, he's definitely been there too long ....!starting to sound like his tinpot coach..!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Here’s the issue, some of you connect JB’s performances the same way you would when playing fifa on PlayStation. Football doesn’t work that way. You have a role and you perform it. A lot of things have to go right to have a good team and consistent performances.

As Medzidiz has said many times, the goal for this team is 17th place and survival. Anything more is a bonus. They’re not going to try a true attack style like Leeds because they can’t defend in such a system nor do they have the speed.

The possession football this team plays is very deceptive and too many drank the cool-aid. Possession is so 2009.
            This. Very well said. This is a struggling football team in arguably the most difficult league in the world.

ARJ played quite well considering the predicament. Potter knows this. He will get more chances.

The honest truth is that this team is just not that good. It forces ARJ to train harder and develop more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              I think JB did fine giving that he played as a striker which is not his real strength. Like mentioned here he’s not a player that decides games, especially for relegation teams like Brighton who are weak in going forward unlike AZ, but he works hard and definitely created good scoring opportunities. With some luck he had scored that chance against Sheffield the other day and his chance against Arsenal tonight. However I do think more talented players like Taremi and Azmoun would be more successful in Premier League.
              Well said. People just need to take a step back and come back to reality. The expectations here are ridiculous for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post

Going from dutch league to EPL is a big leap. ARJ needed at least 2 seasons to acclimate himself to the level of play. That being said, Hughton was an extremely defensive-minded coach, who didn't feature ARJ too much, which essentially hurt his ability to grow and adapt to the league. Who didn't get results, and ultimately got sacked.

His inability to get a spot over those aforementioned players, is not a reflection of his inadequate talent, but of truly the managers' incompetence. Yes, Potter is "offensive-minded" in theory, but his results are the same as Hughton, and he might get sacked too. ARJ has shown the potential to be an explosive talent under the right circumstances (leading goal scorer in dutch league).

TM generally played defensively under CQ, so of course, ARJ didn't offensively shine. However, if you do notice, whenever Iran decided to play more offensively, he always played better. Most recently against Portugal in WC 2018, he had an excellent game. Why? Because TM had an intent to attack from beginning to end.

Also, there is a reason why in spite of his lack of eye-catching productivity, he was always a fixed starter in CQ's book. CQ assessment of talent and value of a player is miles ahead of Hughton and Potter.

Either way, if things stay like this (which most likely they will), he needs to switch EPL teams, or go to the german league.

Comment

Comment

Will this same standard be applied to Potter?

Comment

Also, my theory as to why Potter prefers other players over ARJ: he wants cogs in his "tiki-taka" offensive wheel. ARJ's style of play, is not suited for Potter's "tiki-taka."

Brighton needs a PRACTICAL coach, who utilizes EVERY player's strength.

Comment

Man nemidonam ali chera dishab bad basi kard. Agar kineh dareh ke besyar ali. ama agar baziye dishab behtarin bazish bood be nazare man hata liyaghate bazi dar dasteh dovom ham nadereh. Dishab mesle footbalisthaye khiki basi mikard. engar ye shekam 50 kilioyee dareh nemitooneh sprint koneh va bodoeh. va mistad joloye harif va behesh koli vaght midad ta entekhab koneh behtarin passesh ro bedeh. ali dishab engar rafteh bood park baraye sargarmi chand ta shoot bezaneh.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic
                        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Hughton and CQ were too defensive, Potter is too possession-based, the team don't pass to him, the team are over-reliant on him, he's played out of position, he's not played enough. We need to get working on thinking up a few more as we're at risk of running out soon.

Comment

• Jahanbakhsh played with their ”B team”. In reality, their ”B team” is the same as their regular starters in terms of individual quality.

• The players have zero chemistry because that lineup has never played together.

• Jahanbakhsh played as a striker when he isn’t physical, fast or tall. He defended as a central striker but when they had the ball, he played on far out in the right wing, showing that his instinct is to be a winger and not a striker. In other words, he was played out of position.

• He received zero service and worked harder than anyone else in offense.

• The commentators stated that the lineup has 7 starts this season in total (excluding Bissouma), which means that they lack match fitness and sharpness.

The Brighton fans are bashing Jahanbakhsh in a nasty way and wishing for a January exit. They are giving him a rating of 3-4 while they are rating other players 5-7.
                            Even though a few fans gave him a 6, not a single Brighton fan has defended him or pointed out the above-mentioned facts that I stated. Instead, they are treating him as if he played with the A team and performed badly.

They even opened a whole new Jahanbakhsh thread just to say that they now know that Jahanbakhsh can’t play in yet another position (striker) which is insanity because obviously they are judging his wingback role from the first year which is a position he never asked for, claimed he can play or was even supposed to play well. It’s not like he has performed bad in his natural role as a right winger, which makes that thread shocking.

They rated Davy Propper higher than Jahanbakhsh when Propper is supposed to be a playmaker and create chances for the forwards. Their excuse? ”Propper has had periods of being consistent for years while Jahanbakhsh never was” which lacks logic because Jahanbakhsh has never had a consistent run as a starter with the main team. What has Propper’s previous consistency anything to do with his performance yesterday? How can that be a factor for excuse?

All his starts are in cups with the B team or in the leauge with the B team.

The fact that the lineup lacked match fitness and sharpness means that Jahanbakhsh shouldn't be judged as harshly as Maupay, Trossard, Welbeck, etc. Yet, they bash him when he has to perform in circumstances that are much harder, against a rich team like Arsenal.

Jahanbakhsh didn't put Brighton in this position in the league but he gets blamed as the problem of the team. Instead they want Maupay to play who doesn't score for many games in a row, or Welbeck who misses golden chances, or Trossard who lacks determination on the pitch. Maupay, Trossard and Welbeck get to play every week with the main team that has chemistry, match fitness and many minutes to perform without pressure, against easier opponents. Their efforts has placed them close to relegation. Yet, Jahanbakhsh who never gets starting minutes is the problem according to the fans.

I understand that they expect magic from a record signing player but he hasn’t even had a consistent run.
                            #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Iranian football players should never again go to England.
                              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

That's just nonsense defeatist talk. Let's deprive our players from the most competitive league because we're butthurt? No thanks.

I think what a lot of people (particularly those wishing ARJ would even go to China or Eredivisie) fail to grasp is just how beneficial the professional environment of elite football is compared to those farmer leagues.

You don't need to be churning out 90 minutes week in week out to reap the rewards and develop as a player. Ando got 2,205 mins of first-team football in 4 years in England (800 of which was in second tier). That's about 6 games a year. But rest assured those 4 years hd a big part to play in him becoming such a monster for us.

Take yesterday for example, the opportunity for ARJ to play in a top-level game against international quality players can't be downplayed. He will have learned a lot from playing out of position also. Posting up 30 goals in 50 games a season at AZ Alkmaar may have been more enjoyable for us to follow but it wouldn't help his development anywhere near as much as now [where he gets the chance to learn from a world class coach like Pothead :P].

Comment

Working...
                                X