X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    Two things can be true at the same time:

A) Alireza isn't worth the 20 mil price tag. He isn't "too good" for Brighton. He's an average player in the bottom table EPL team. He's a type of stand out player like Graelish or Son who can single handily change a game. There's no conspiracy or racist plot against him.

B) He isn't awful as some Brighton fans make him out to be. No alternative on their roster (Maupay or Trossard) are even marginally better than him. And in a way that's a good thing. If he's just as good as a Belgian international player (Trossard), then he definitely deserves a spot in a team where there's less competition for the exact same roll.

I really want him to succeed in Brighton for selfish reasons, but honestly it might time for him to make a jump to Bundesliga or the Dutch or Belgian league.

P.S: Bissouma deserves every penny Pogba gets and more... The dude is amazing.
    Pogba is meant to be a box to box midfielder who can run a midfield. Bissouma is a classic DM who isn’t expected to really move the ball forward.

Unfair comparison.

Comment

If bissouma is meant to be DM then he is at fault at least partially for failing to cover laca on goal. He saw him run half of pitch and didnt bother to get closer to him. He had way to much time to unload his shot.

But overall if there is one decent player on this brighton team after lamptey its him. He moves well with the ball and has good distribution. Nothing out of this world though.

Comment

they lost 1-0. even with subs they were even worse.

I don't think AJ Is super star EPL quality. He might be passable but the situation sucks none the less.
        Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

this really...!! no point in blaming this or that player when they're only doing what theyr told..! lets hope its the beginning of end for this overrated assclown but unlikely..!!

Comment

BHA barely treading above relegation with 13 points after 16 games. One more win by Fulham and they leap frog BHA, and BHA falls into relegation zone.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              this really...!! no point in blaming this or that player when they're only doing what theyr told..! lets hope its the beginning of end for this overrated assclown but unlikely..!!

Took the words out of my mouth. Back to Swedish 3rd division I hope.
              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                Solid 6/10 performance for ARJ. Poor 4/10 performance for Brighton. Wolves next is really quite important now.
                Lol I am a firm believer that no player can be above the team in rating. Tbh I agree with your assessment of Brighton but would say ARJ was very weak in striker role. He is a ball chaser and very poor user of space off the ball. In the first half his anticipation was a day late and dollar short every time. Give him a 3.5 today.

In all fairness...he is not well suited for this league. He should look to move back to Holland asap this winter. Despite all his professionalism he isn't being supported enough to develop his English game. He is unlikely to do so anywhere else in England at this stage.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Jb isn't going anywhere.

Brighton have a lot of back to back games in Jan - Feb so they need depth for squad rotation.

JB has a lofty contract that no one is going to take on. So unless he take a pay cut or Brighton agree to cover his wages on loan (both of which are unlikely) he's going to be at Brighton through the season. His performance today was acceptable and he will get more chances based on schedule.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Somewhat unrelated to this thread, but, I think, Azmoun makes a good fit for this Wolfe team

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion 2020/21

I think JB did fine giving that he played as a striker which is not his real strength. Like mentioned here he’s not a player that decides games, especially for relegation teams like Brighton who are weak in going forward unlike AZ, but he works hard and definitely created good scoring opportunities. With some luck he had scored that chance against Sheffield the other day and his chance against Arsenal tonight. However I do think more talented players like Taremi and Azmoun would be more successful in Premier League.

Comment

Esteven Beitashour

Agil Etemadi
                        We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

LOL.

brighton fans want potter sacked and former club captain bruno (there in ARJ first season as right back) to become head coach.

Looks like their faith in xG died out pretty quickly.

Comment

^It would be real poetic justice for ARJ to outlast Potter.

Comment

Comment

ARJ did respectably today considering striker is not his position. The fact is: when you have a consistently losing team, it will emit negative energy to not only the players, but the fans.

They will magnify every mistake, and gloss over every positive. The unfair scrutiny ARJ gets from fans, is a result of their hopeless state, wanting their highest paid player ever, to work magic.

Also, there is no relationship between ARJ’s performance, and how many minutes Potter gives him. What was ARJ ‘s reward last year for scoring the bicycle against Chelsea or scoring another goal? More playing time? No.

Before his injury this year, his stats showed him in productive form this season, yet, Potter didn’t show faith by playing him much more.

Potter is more intent on playing “his way,” rather than utilizing the strengths of players given to him. I’ve never seen a player get signed to a FIVE year contract, be their biggest investment, yet, so impatient and reluctant to truly immerse him in league play, when you’re practically a BOTTOM ranked team. Are you afraid to rock the boat? There is no boat.

Comment

Working...
                                X