This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

word has it according to a few articles:
    A) Potter isn't looking for new strikers (makes sense with Andone coming back and there' not being any decent cheap options)
    B) Potter isn't going to be sacked even if the team goes down.

Comment

Florin Andone and Percy Tau to solve their finishing problems

At least if they don't sign any one, ARJ is guaranteed minutes for the remainder of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
        Florin Andone and Percy Tau to solve their finishing problems

At least if they don't sign any one, ARJ is guaranteed minutes for the remainder of the season.
        Lol, It's funny to see Brighton fans thinking that Tau is their savior. I've seen the guy play a few times, and he wouldn't even last in the championship.

However, if Andone recovers in time, he could give Alireza and Maupay a run for their money. Dude is talented, just happens to have mental issues.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
          Lol, It's funny to see Brighton fans thinking that Tau is their savior. I've seen the guy play a few times, and he wouldn't even last in the championship.
          However, if Andone recovers in time, he could give Alireza and Maupay a run for their money. Dude is talented, just happens to have mental issues.
          I wonder as well how many of those fans have been keeping up on his loan spells in Belgium. He’s had a couple of good games there , he started off better. Not sure if it was injuries or just competitor for places but He dropped out of favour last season at Brugge.

As you say Andone has all the qualities to succeed but has bad temper issues.

Comment

Really? What mental issues? He’s a real quality striker I like his game a lot.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              Really? What mental issues? He’s a real quality striker I like his game a lot.
              Made some really dumb aggressive fouls, One in at the start of last season which was so bad that made Brighton ship him out on loan.

Also remember him getting angry at his teammates a lot.

Comment

A) Potter isn't looking for new strikers (makes sense with Andone coming back and there' not being any decent cheap options)
                Andone looked quality to me in little bit i saw of him before getting shipped out unceremoniously on loan..!! he is yet another decent attacker he ignorantly gave cold shoulder to and discarded without even giving him also a fair chance to make a case for himself in his BHA set-up ..!! instead bringing up a couple of scrub attackers like Connoly from the youth side, etc..!
                for a still vastly unproven, newcomer coach he sure is a cocky lil fuck...!! and rightfully he is now reaping what he sew mostly up on his intro into the club..! his off the field player mgmt leaves much to be desired and on it he has been vastly overrated leading to his head becoming bigger and bigger too..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  Andone looked quality to me in little bit i saw of him before getting shipped out unceremoniously on loan..!! he is yet another decent attacker he ignorantly gave cold shoulder to and discarded without even giving him also a fair chance to make a case for himself in his BHA set-up ..!! instead bringing up a couple of scrub attackers like Connoly from the youth side, etc..!
                  for a still vastly unproven, newcomer coach he sure is a cocky lil fuck...!! and rightfully he is now reaping what he sew mostly up on his intro into the club..! his off the field player mgmt leaves much to be desired and on it he has been vastly overrated leading to his head becoming bigger and bigger too..!
                  Bringing youth threw was the agenda and one of the reasons he was brought in. They liked what he did with the young players at Swansea too ie Dan James who went on to sign for Man United. Plus in the background they brought in Dan Ashworth as Technical Director who has been lauded for his work bringing through young players at previous clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                    Bringing youth threw was the agenda and one of the reasons he was brought in. They liked what he did with the young players at Swansea too ie Dan James who went on to sign for Man United. Plus in the background they brought in Dan Ashworth as Technical Director who has been lauded for his work bringing through young players at previous clubs.
                    It seems to me they are trying to run before they can walk. This team struggles to stay in the premier league ever since they got promoted. They should establish themselves in the league first ,i.e. stay in mid table for a few years get a few good players in their squad then think about bringing their youth through.
                    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic
                    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Lol then Ali should let them sink and leave that club.

Comment

Percy Tau: Graham Potter confirms Brighton trying to recall striker in January

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/n...ker-in-january

Even more competition for Alireza.

Comment

By the way, I read an interview with Jahanbakhsh with Iran-Varzeshi after the Leicester game.
                          He said he has no issues with Potter and never had any, and if he could go back in time, he would make the same decision - to join Brighton!

Comment

They don’t need to recall Percy Tau, he isn’t better than any of there options that they already have. Probably been told that there isn’t money to spend in Jan and so has to do and this was an option for them.

He may make me eat my words but I’d be very surprised if he makes a breakthrough at Brighton and turns the season round for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              By the way, I read an interview with Jahanbakhsh with Iran-Varzeshi after the Leicester game.
                              He said he has no issues with Potter and never had any, and if he could go back in time, he would make the same decision - to join Brighton!
                              Safe to say Jahanbakhsh will sit out the remainder of his contract even if Brighton would relegate to Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                Safe to say Jahanbakhsh will sit out the remainder of his contract even if Brighton would relegate to Championship.
                                The players probably have a relegation clause in their contract where there wages would go down. This website has him as there joint second highest owner with a few other players - https://www.spotrac.com/epl/brighton...lbion/payroll/ .

They would need to cut there losses if they were relegated and I could see those higher earners leaving and an emphasis put on youth and rebuilding.

Comment

Working...
                                X