This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    Alireza and Connolly cost Brighton two points.

Can't even say he hasn't been given a proper chance. This one can't be blamed on potter, Solly march, etc... Not even mad at brighton fans bashing him right now.
    The Brighton fans bashing him are idiots, they've got worst memory than a 90 year old with Amnesia. They clearly forgot about his cross that was on a plate for Connolly and Welbeck which was missed.
    By no means do I want to defend JB after that performance as I think he was poor again as a whole (based on the fact that I know he is much better than that) but Brighton fans are idiots as simple as that. Instead of bashing one player, JB, they need to be bashing the team for failing to put the game to bed in the first half. They're always chasing the game and fail to see that, then they just remember literally the last 5 mins of the game. They don't deserve to be in the prem.

Comment

Football is all to do with luck too, on another day he comes out of that second half with two assists and a goal.

Comment

Conolly’s miss was worse imo..

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          Woah. Let’s not get carried away now. The whole team deserves a lot of shit and so does Potter. Their tactics were easily countered by the worst team in the league and that with 10 men. Their defense is championship level. Their passing means nothing when they just stop and pass, stop and pass... slow transitions. They are a bad team overall.
          Even if all of that is true, but they still had enough chances (Alireza and Connolly) to put the game away and didn't.

Can't blame potter for Alireza missing that header, can't blame potter because Alireza getting in the way of Trossard's shot, can't blame him for Alireza's heavy touch,etc...

Up until now, I truly believed that Alireza wasn't given a proper chance, but today showed that the issue isn't purely because of of a lack of playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            Connolly was the worst player by a long way, but this was JB's chance unfortunately. We have to be realistic here about how this reflects on our boy....
            he will still play, every one miss , but since brighton is down, they will have to risk it more and play alireza, honestly before the last 10 min the brighton players would not pass him the ball

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
              Any video of the last minute header that he hit the post with ?? can't find anything on twitter
              https://streamable.com/4fwlgw

Comment

Can't even say he hasn't been given a proper chance. This one can't be blamed on potter, Solly march, etc... Not even mad at brighton fans bashing him right now.
                I didn't watch the game. Had better things to do than waste my time on that. But all the time I was hoping that Alireza does not do something stupid like scoring goals or assist for these MFs to save Potter''s neck as they collectively have f***ed his footballing career in that last 3 years in this shitty team. And in any case why should he rescue Potter's neck when he is not valued enough to start a game like this? Does potter think this is one chance he can get 3 points and thus should field a strong(!!) team and that strong team does not include Alireza. I say fuck potter and BHA.
                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic
                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

From what I could see in the second half was that there was ‘too many cooks in the kitchen’ , Trossard, Lallana and ARJ at points were all trying to get in to and wanting to be in the same positions. You can add Connoly and Zeqiri into that mix too as not out and out strikers. He should have kept Maupay on when bringing on Welbeck and taken off Trossard instead of Lallana.

Comment

Even if all of that is true, but they still had enough chances (Alireza and Connolly) to put the game away and didn't.

Can't blame potter for Alireza missing that header, can't blame potter because Alireza getting in the way of Trossard's shot, can't blame him for Alireza's heavy touch,etc...

Up until now, I truly believed that Alireza wasn't given a proper chance, but today showed that the issue isn't purely because of of a lack of playing time.
                    The miss is definitely on JB, but I actually don’t think it’s as big of a deal as others have made. If missing a goal on Brighton was the indicator for missing a match - no one would ever start.

However, you have to admit there is something wrong with this team (manager and players) that they’re being stopped pretty easily now?

Comment

That’s because there is lots of lovely passing the ball but then no one to finish off the moves , you can pass the ball around the box as many times as you want but won’t do anything when there is no runs being made or found. Also teams know how Brighton are going to play, you sit back slightly and soak up the pressure and the mistake will come and then you hit on the counter and there is plenty of spaces open to hit through.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        Conolly’s miss was worse imo..
                        This guy misses at least one certain goal every game he starts.
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't read much into what the fans are saying. They are on a witch hunt and crucifying all their players ...that was an unfortunate miss (to be fair at list it hit the crossbar) but he still put in a few good crosses and managed to get a good amount of corners for his team. I think it was Potter's instructions to constantly want him to go central when clearly he's not suited for it.
                          But that's BHA for you; you put players in desperate situations hoping for miracles...

AJ needs to somehow move on. I don't know where to but it seems like this chapter in his career has to be closed.

Comment

JB’s miss was bad yes, but as nokhodi mentioned that’s nothing out of the norm/not a valid reason to blacklist him again otherwise their entire forward line would be benched and they’d be playing with Webster up top.....

Potter’s days and chances are dwindling. As much as the club may like him they liked CH more and parted ways after he kept them up so having that in mind I don’t think anyone can deny potterball is in his last days at the club if he doesn’t get a win soon.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

you have all been gaslighted by dickhead. So much so that even if Alireza misses a pass you start to panic and start to argue that missing a goal is normal!! Of course it is normal and it shouldn't even be talked about as if it is an indicator of a player's right to start or be benched.
                              نگاه میکنید.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thats statement is a misrepresentation of how points work.

It's either " Welbeck saved Brighton a point" or "Brightons defense cost them 2 points".

No team has actually deserves the two points until the goal is actually scored.

ARJ missed a chance yes. So did Connelly. To both of their credit, March and Trossard took many random shots that wasted Brighton's time on the ball as well.

What can't be argued is that Brighton's team is in shambles.

I don't see why more blame isn't assigned to the team's defense. There were literally 5 defenders in the box defending Bogle and somehow he got to it and scored. This is a fault of English footballing culture who think brutish British centerbacks make for a good defensive line. Little IQ means they will concede to well-drilled teams easily.
                                Last edited by perspolis#1; 12-20-2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X