This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
    honestly the way he’s talking, im starting to think that he’s in graham potters plans. the way that he said “im back” with a sly smile is making me believe that he will play this season
    This video was posted in January 2020 (you'll notice no masks between the interviewers), and was posted in the prior ARJ thread previously. While I like it (thanks for posting again), it says nothing about ARJ's current status with regards to Potter's plans.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
      honestly the way he’s talking, im starting to think that he’s in graham potters plans. the way that he said “im back” with a sly smile is making me believe that he will play this season
      This interview is from last season though.

Jahanbakhsh has no future at FC Brighton as long as pothead is their coach, it's that simple. Alireza has two options: stay and cash in while warming the bench (he can kiss his career goodbye then) or move to another club asap and rebuild his football career. Let's hope he does the latter!
      He is a nice guy and deserves the best, FC Brighton is just not a good fit for him.

Comment

He's not compatible with the mental model of classic lower ranked PL sides (need to be super physical and hoof the ball up). Unless he goes to a team that's fighting for top 8-10 in PL, it'll be the same story. He's not a wingback. I too think that he'll stay in Brighton for this season unfortunately. Who knows, hopefully he'll switch midseason.
        Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
        محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
        - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

He is too nice! you nedd to behave like Cantona or Roy Keane there
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
            I am so impressed with his English. The way the dude speaks English with British accent, makes you think he has been living there for years. Watch this interview:

Breaks my heart to see him on the bench. The most professtional Iranian player I have seen.
            Moved to europe at age of 18 and became the top scoring footballer in european league.
            Yet he is not talked about in iranian media probably because he doesn't get invovlved in hashiye
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hassonoo View Post
              Breaks my heart to see him on the bench. The most professtional Iranian player I have seen.
              Moved to europe at age of 18 and became the top scoring footballer in european league.
              Yet he is not talked about in iranian media probably because he doesn't get invovlved in hashiye
              Yes first Asian player to have ever won the topscorer title in an European league. By now Taremi and Azmoun have followed in his footsteps. I'm positive that if Jahanbakhsh moves to a bigger club in a smaller league such as in Portugal, Belgium, Holland etc he will revive his football career.

Comment

On a positive note folks, as Sepehr pointed out the only Asian players who have topped decent European leagues top scorers are the Iranian trios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                  On a positive note folks, as Sepehr pointed out the only Asian players who have topped decent European leagues top scorers are the Iranian trios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Maksim Shatskikh

Comment

Potter mentioned to the media yesterday that he's like to find ways for Alireza to score more goals. :/

wtf? How can he score more if you're not playing him?

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                      Potter mentioned to the media yesterday that he's like to find ways for Alireza to score more goals. :/

Maybe he was talking about FiFa.

Comment

Considering one of JB’s mentors is Mahdavikia I am sure he is being advised to stick it out and leave Potter no choice but to play him via a string of good performances.
                        Mahdavikia went through the same thing at HSV with Thomas Doll but Potter seems to be even more stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

it seems potter will play him more if he want him to score more goals

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                            it seems potter will play him more if he want him to score more goals
                            Ali is a midfielder who scored so many goals became league top scorer in his previous club. Not usual for a midfielder. Any decent club/ manager would never waste such a player. This guy barely survived last season and did not get Ali involved for whatever reason he had. But then again what do we know about what really was going on in that club last season.
                            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic
                            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                              Ali is a midfielder who scored so many goals became league top scorer in his previous club. Not usual for a midfielder. Any decent club/ manager would never waste such a player. This guy barely survived last season and did not get Ali involved for whatever reason he had. But then again what do we know about what really was going on in that club last season.
                              Jahanbakhsh is a classic winger and from what I've seen Fc Brighton does not really play with wingers. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Comment

“You talk about strikers, I’d rather talk about improving Neal Maupay and how he can get from ten goals to 20 goals.

“How does Aaron Connolly get from three goals to five goals or ten goals or 15 goals?

“Or Leo Trossard to add more goals, or Alireza (Jahanbakhsh) to get more goals.

“It sounds like an easy solution that there’s just a magic centre-forward out there who is going to fix all our problems. The reality of it is it’s not like that.

“We have to always work with the players.”

That makes it clear there's certainly no sign of an imminent departure and Potter hasn't completely ruled ARJ out of his plans so positive all-round.

Taking Iranian bias out of it, Potter actually did a fine job last season and it's interesting to see how he develops the team this season as he's clearly a young innovative manager.

Comment

Working...
                                X