This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taz View Post
    Another xG superiority (Brighton 2-1.5 Southampton)
    Statistics is not your strong suit. The first lesson you learn in statistical modelling is THIS:

If your model does not predict reality, adjust your model. Adjusting reality is a fool's errand.
    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
      Statistics is not your strong suit. The first lesson you learn in statistical modelling is THIS:
      If your model does not predict reality, adjust your model. Adjusting reality is a fool's errand.
      It's not my model, it's the world's

It's backed by the most knowledgeable people in the sport (including Brighton's owner) and is the engine behind the football betting markets which are the cutting edge in statistical modelling theory. I urge you to embrace them or risk looking silly.

Comment

Adjusting reality is what most of you guys are doing. Brighton is a well coached team like it or not, some of you guys are pointing the table as an indicator of Potter's incompetence
        but Brighton aim is to avoid relegation which i'm almost certain Potter will achieve. They drew against Liverpool without parking the bus (look at wolves being trashed by them yesterday). They just lost to Southampton a top 5 team down to a cagey VAR decision.
        ARJ was disregarded by two succesive coaches and should have gone earlier. EPL is not his level

Comment

oh fuck it
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
            Just wanted to say...for those people who slight that Jahanbakhsh doesn't press as much as his teammates... he was able to get the ball back from Southampton in those last 10 min where Southhamptom treated them like traffic cones.

Keeping the ball when you have it is just as effective as pressing when you want to stop the other team from scoring
            I was one of those guys who said he did not press enough. The last few games, when he is subbed for the last 10-15 minutes of the game, he has done a great job of pressing. He is full of energy. You seem to agree that it was his pressing that caused him to steal the ball and make a run down the left flank!!! Now, I want him to get a start and hopefully, he'll have enough stamina to do that the whole game and become MOTM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
              It's not my model, it's the world's

It's backed by the most knowledgeable people in the sport (including Brighton's owner) and is the engine behind the football betting markets which are the cutting edge in statistical modelling theory. I urge you to embrace them or risk looking silly.
              For now, you’re the one looking silly, and so is the model. REALITY CHECK: still firmly in 16th place😂😂
              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

For now, you’re the one looking silly, and so is the model. REALITY CHECK: still firmly in 16th place😂😂
                You seem to think 16th and comfortably clear of relegation isn't a massive success for Brighton #trustthemodel #thestatsneverlie #englishklopp

Comment

I know we are all upset that ARJ is not getting more playing time and hopefully, he will soon. But here is a silver lining from my perspective. I believe that ARJ has become a better player in the last 2+ years for two reasons.

First reason is psychological. When he came to Premier league, he felt a little intimidated, was not sure he belonged and it affected his game. The pressure of being the highest paid player of Brighton, injuries and coaches rotating him in and out all combined to cause him to lose his confindence. Now, he plays with full confidence at the highest pressure league in the world and is not intimidated. Being able to handle the pressure is ingrained in him now and that is a true sign of a professional.

Second reason is that his speed, physicality and speed of thought has improved. Having to practice hard to prove yourself everyday for two and a half years against physical, high quality players who are at least as hungry as you has taken his game to the next level.

I know this could have taken six months, not 30 months, in a better environment, but at least it has happened.

Now, he either gets more playing time or moves on as a better player.

Comment

He isn't a complete failure. Look how much attention he got for his bicycle kick
                    and scored some nice goals this season.
                    Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

does anybody know last time he started PL match? I think bournemouth 1 year ago, or maybe it was everton away?

talk about wasting your prime lol.

Im glad at least when he plays now he looks assured and not with stick up his ass like early days. He seriously needs to GTFO. When I heard potter say he should score more simple goals I knew this was heading nowhere.

Even if he starts a few games in crowded winter schedule, surely for professional dignity he must leave. He is a player who could offer a lot to another team in top 4 leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        does anybody know last time he started PL match?
                        I believe he started one or two more games immediately after his bicycle kick. 11+ months ago.

Comment

Give the man a start.

Comment

hope he leaves the club in January, he is wasting his time
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

crap minutes, from a crap coach, on a crap team: ARJ's last 2 seasons in one sentence.

Comment

5 game between now and the start of the winter transfer window. I guess if he doesn't get a start against either Fulham or Sheffield, then it's really over for him in Brighton.

With new agents, if he can put in a performance over the next 5 games, he might have chance at a loan to another bottom half EPL team.

Comment

Working...
                                X