Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variations of this quote have been used by Potter for the past two years. Meanwhile, a not-so-young ARJ languishes on the bench.

Comment

FFS. If you were actually winning, then these words would be CQ-esque, but until then, they ring hollow

Comment

Guys, Please stop Panicking! He was out injured for a few weeks, only fully trained for a few days, obviously he was not fit to play 90 minutes. He's part of Potter's plans and will get plenty of minutes.
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Some people should just sit and calm down and stop watching football through colored glasses, if Alireza improves the squad when playing therefore he would play, he just has to fight to get a starting position.
          No coach has ever had an agenda against iranian players .

Stop being that subjective, i'm coming here for years and its always the same, whenever an iranian player is not able to reach the manager plans , the club and the manager is being bashed, insulted.
          If a player makes the team better why wouldnt he play?
          Managers want their team to get results and pick the team in a way they see they could grab a result, they don't bloody care if their goalscorer is iranian chinese or norvegian

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
            Some people should just sit and calm down and stop watching football through colored glasses, if Alireza improves the squad when playing therefore he would play, he just has to fight to get a starting position.

Stop being that subjective, i'm coming here for years and its always the same, whenever an iranian player is not able to reach the manager plans , the club and the manager is being bashed, insulted.
            If a player makes the team better why wouldnt he play?
            Managers want their team to get results and pick the team in a way they see they could grab a result, they don't bloody care if their goalscorer is iranian chinese or norvegian
            It is a valid point and true that managers don't care about race, colour or nationality of their players. But most people here question the logic or the plan of the manager and why a player who is doing well and is ready to start is left out and someone else less fit or less able starts.

I agree though that fans here should be less disrespectful towards the clubs and managers and instead respectfully argue their points.
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

jb need sometime to come back since he was injured.patience is needed

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                Guys, Please stop Panicking! He was out injured for a few weeks, only fully trained for a few days, obviously he was not fit to play 90 minutes. He's part of Potter's plans and will get plenty of minutes.
                Agreed. The fact that he even featured against Burnley after only training a few days is actually a promising sign. He got into the match before MacAllister who has been healthy and in form for weeks.

I actually think AJ has proved his worth to Potter - it's just unfortunate that he got injured when he did.
                We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

S
                  Clarification: Almost nobody is saying Potter has an agenda against AJB because of race, nationality, etc.

Instead most people are simply pointing out that Potter is an incompetent coach who has never achieved anything of note in European first division leagues. Looking at his results last year, and this year in EPL, and the year before in the Championship, well..... its hard to argue with that conclusion.

But for the sake of AJB, I hope he does a bit better, though I am not holding my breath.
                  Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                    Clarification: Almost nobody is saying Potter has an agenda against AJB because of race, nationality, etc.

Instead most people are simply pointing out that Potter is an incompetent coach who has never achieved anything of note in European first division leagues. Looking at his results last year, and this year in EPL, and the year before in the Championship, well..... its hard to argue with that conclusion.

But for the sake of AJB, I hope he does a bit better, though I am not holding my breath.
                    Yet he was praised and seen here as a great coach when Saman was tearing it up with Ostersunds.

If ARJ was being a constant starter since Potter arrived nobody would bash him
                    you can't expect a team like Brighton to play like Liverpool or City, they are a decent side in the toughest league in the world.

Some of the statements and personal attacks here against BHA and Potter are disgraceful.

I hope ARJ gets it right and gets a spot in the starting line up though.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                      It’s a weird one, Brighton fans and us on here hated the archaic defensive football that Brighton played under Hughton which in all honesty has led to the situation Alireza is in because he never got to play in his position in his first season amongst other things.
                      Brighton fans were crying out for that style of football to go and more attacking attractive play to come in. This is what they are getting now, albeit without the finishing touch. Football fans are ultimately fickle, as I said earlier you stick a 20 goal a season player in this team and they finish mid table . The amount of good opportunities they have found themselves in this season and messed up the final ball or shot is crazy.

And in the midst of it all is that sweet spot of : "Playing to your strengths" .... which seems to confound Pot-Head!!!

Comment

Yet he was praised and seen here as a great coach when Saman was tearing it up with Ostersunds.

If ARJ was being a constant starter since Potter arrived nobody would bash him
                        you can't expect a team like Brighton to play like Liverpool or City, they are a decent side in the toughest league in the world.

Some of the statements and personal attacks here against BHA and Potter are disgraceful.

I hope ARJ gets it right and gets a spot in the starting line up though.
                        Yes BHA is not Liverpool, never will be. But the last coach was fired for results similar to this guy. Generally when you change a coach you expect better results.

By the way, even in Sweden, he did not have an exactly stellar record. You guys do realize the best he ever did in Sweden was 5th. Yes, 5th in the Swedish league.

An again, for the hundredth time, nobody is accusing Potter of anything but being a very mediocre coach and a poor leader in general. Unless you can point to some outstanding results he achieved somewhere (beyond Sweden's second division), can we at least agree that he has a very very poor record for even a Championship team, let alone an EPL team?

By the way much worst criticism has been directed on this board towards a lot of Iranian coaches, deserved or not. Should we refrain from criticizing an EPL coach who is failing, is too stubborn to change, blames his shortcomings on others, achieves poor results week in week out (remember 5 wins in all of 2020) because???..........Why exactly?

Comment

If you're not familiar with Potter's CV and you wish to look into the information for yourselves and come to a conclusion without eating up the hideous partisan narratives served here, I'd suggest you google a few articles on him.

This may be a good place to start: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41902664

And I've just seen Ostersund's manager is a Swedish Iranian immigrant, Amir Azrafshan.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            FFS. If you were actually winning, then these words would be CQ-esque, but until then, they ring hollow

Path? Journey?

Potter jan, raahet daare team raa mibare be Championship. Safaret khosh, sarkaar khaaliband.
                            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                              If you're not familiar with Potter's CV and you wish to look into the information for yourselves and come to a conclusion without eating up the hideous partisan narratives served here, I'd suggest you google a few articles on him.

This may be a good place to start: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41902664

And I've just seen Ostersund's manager is a Swedish Iranian immigrant, Amir Azrafshan.
                              Summary for those who have something better to do than research Potter's miniscule accomplishments:

1- Best finish in Sweden's first division: 5th

2- Then went to coach Swansea in the Championship, recently relegated from EPL. Finished 10th in Championship. The guy who succeeded him (Steve Cooper) took Swansea to the playoffs the next year with a weaker team. And that was the Cooper's first senior cub head-coaching job ever!!!!

3- Came to BHA, a team that was promoted two years earlier and had finished 15th in their first EPL season. Finished..... 15th. would have been worse if not for the COVID interruption.
                              4- Has won 5, yes, a total of 5 EPL games in all of 2020. 5 in 11 months!!!! That's 1 win every two months.

Anything I missed?!!! Oh yeh he won Swedish 2nd division, not much better than a Sunday league level. Hallelujah.....

I rest my case.

His best talent is hiring a good PR firm and bullshitting. or as Ardalan said...... Khalibandi.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

Should someone tell him that in Football , the objective is actually to do better than the other team?!!!! May be nobody has told him that yet!!

Comment

Working...
                                X