Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have a higher xG than Man City this season (possibly won't surprise many who have watched City this season). By all accounts and purposes, creating chances is very much not their problem, it's finishing them. It'll happen though over a 38 game sample. Regression to the mean will have them safe from relegation, as the owner knows, trust the stats.

Comment

an okay appearance from AJ.

Should have been subbed in 10 minutes earlier to have an actual chance to impact the game, but Potter was counting on his starters to finally score after dominating all game.

However, Ali got a decent amount of involvement and Had two decent chances to pull off an assist on which he was to be honest disappointment (soft and off target).

Hopefully we Alireza involved more this team can pick up some steam after the break because this is the easy part of their season. They have alot of tough matches in late december and early jan.

Comment

I thought every Brighton mid field and forward player played well tonight and that is why no one was subbed until the 83rd minute. Lallana is class and Maupay experience playing next to Lallana and behind the striker worked reasonably well. Burnley is a much better team than their record indicates but they looked really poor tonight and that is only because of Brighton's dominance in the game.

Positives for ARJ: He is always subbed in ahead of MacAllister and performs well when subbed in. He'll get more assists with Wellbeck as center forward.
        Negatives for ARJ: Gross is having a good run. Trossard was hurt. He'll be additional competition...

PS: Maupay is such a khoreh... very selfish
        PPS: Sorry for not doing enough Brighton bashing... I know they are not getting results but I feel they are very close to a run of good results.

Comment

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              LOL

In this case, I would take pretty football over results!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                In this case, I would take pretty football over results!!!!
                Exactly. Anything over Results: a Potter specialty

Comment

It’s a weird one, Brighton fans and us on here hated the archaic defensive football that Brighton played under Hughton which in all honesty has led to the situation Alireza is in because he never got to play in his position in his first season amongst other things.
                  Brighton fans were crying out for that style of football to go and more attacking attractive play to come in. This is what they are getting now, albeit without the finishing touch. Football fans are ultimately fickle, as I said earlier you stick a 20 goal a season player in this team and they finish mid table . The amount of good opportunities they have found themselves in this season and messed up the final ball or shot is crazy.

Comment

Exactly. Anything over Results: a Potter specialty
                    Uh I think the guy you responded to meant the girl in the red dress not football lol

Comment

8 games, 6 points, 16th place. See you next weekend (same Pot time, same Pot channel).

Comment

8 games, 6 points, 16th place. See you next weekend (same Pot time, same Pot channel).
                        Brighton have picked up six points in their eight Premier League games this season (W1 D3 L4), their lowest tally after their first eight matches of a league campaign since 2002-03 (four points), when they were eventually relegated from the second tier.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                          Brighton have picked up six points in their eight Premier League games this season (W1 D3 L4), their lowest tally after their first eight matches of a league campaign since 2002-03 (four points), when they were eventually relegated from the second tier.
                          Not to worry, the brilliant lads at BHA management gave Potter a 5 year deal, so they're in good hands.

Comment

At the moment, Potter leaving wouldn't be the best thing for Alireza.
                            It's clear that Alireza is in Potter's gameplan this season (playing in every match he has been fit for), and he is on the brink of breaking into the starting lineup, especially with the poor season Maupay and Tossard have had.

A coaching change could throw wrench into all of that. Alireza would have start from scratch proving himself to the new coach, and establish himself in the pecking order.

I do however think Brighton will have a very bad season and just survive relegation by a point or goal difference this season which will humble Potter or even cost him his job.

Comment

Potter dar haale haazer jaayi nemire. Dalilesh?

1.Bahaash yek ghardaade 5 saale bastand.

2. Jaygozinesh ki mitone beshe? Massimo Allegri? Maurizio Sarri? Na, jaygozinesh mishe "John Smith".

Hala agar Brighton 5 baazi poshte sare ham bakht shayad ekhraj beshe, amma ta on mogheyi ke Brighton arom arom yek emtiyaaz begire,
                              haminjoori sare jaash khahaad bood.
                              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                                Ziyech is a nice comparison to keep our eye out for. He seems to have benefited from his far superior UCL experience and pedigree than ARJ, hence the bigger club and hence, as an attacking player, he'll have it easier to succeed at an attacking side but interesting to see his performances nontheless. I'm not convinced he'll succeed.

Also, remember when everyone was crying at why ARJ chose Brighton and not Leicester and how we only needed to look at Ghezzal to see what could have been? Yeah, that panned out well.
                                was brilliant today.

Comment

Working...
                                X