X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    ^forgeAbouIt
    The way I see it, Pothead will afford minutes to Aj Only if his hands are forced due to severe shortage squad selection &/or when facing hectic scheduling issues..!
    Meanwhile he’ll use any bs excuse in the book to avoid doing so & the untimely knock to ARJ was a gift from gods to this asshole as far as I’m concerned..!
    He’ll milk that one for at least another week or 2 before coming up with lack of game fitness excuse next ..!
    Even when he runs outa legitimate excuses, he’ll proceed to feature him in the most difficult of possible playing situations to minimize his possible effect ..!
    It’s gonna be hamoon aaasho caaseh as last season ..!
    I get your skepticsm and I’m aware I’m being overly optimistic perhaps, but, the evidence and case JB built you for himself this year especially in comparison to his competitors is even more undeniable than last season.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
      Before his injury, ARJ was the only squad player to be featured in every Brighton EPL and cup game.
      I don't know what you think you're doing here with facts and rubbish but if you're not here to spout highly emotional nonsense, I suggest you start a Pothead thread and keep your posts in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
        I don't know what you think you're doing here with facts and rubbish but if you're not here to spout highly emotional nonsense, I suggest you start a Pothead thread and keep your posts in there.
        I really hope this is sarcasm....
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
          Before his injury, ARJ was the only squad player to be featured in every Brighton EPL and cup game.
          Trying to be more accurate, I think being "featured" is a bit of exaggeration. More accurately, he got a few minutes, most of it meaningless, no win situations. So Bachelot's assessment

"Even when he runs outa legitimate excuses, he’ll proceed to feature him in the most difficult of possible playing situations to minimize his possible effect "

was correct.

He played in 3 EPL games. In one he came in at min. 90 when they were leading 3-0.

In the other two he came in the last 10 or 15 minutes, when they were behind already. He made a difference against Man. U. Against Chelsea they were behind 3-1 when he came in for the last few minutes.

Now I hope things will improve for him and he actually gets to start or get meaningful minutes. He more than deserves it on this mediocre team. But I'm pretty sure things will not improve for BHA. As I have said many times (and proven right for now), BHA will be lucky to survive with or without AJB.
          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
            Trying to be more accurate, I think being "featured" is a bit of exaggeration. More accurately, he got a few minutes, most of it meaningless, no win situations. So Bachelot's assessment

"Even when he runs outa legitimate excuses, he’ll proceed to feature him in the most difficult of possible playing situations to minimize his possible effect "

was correct.

He played in 3 EPL games. In one he came in at min. 90 when they were leading 3-0.

In the other two he came in the last 10 or 15 minutes, when they were behind already. He made a difference against Man. U. Against Chelsea they were behind 3-1 when he came in for the last few minutes.

Now I hope things will improve for him and he actually gets to start or get meaningful minutes. He more than deserves it on this mediocre team. But I'm pretty sure things will not improve for BHA. As I have said many times (and proven right for now), BHA will be lucky to survive with or without AJB.
            I think Potter was not thinking of him as a starting 11 but definitely in the top 18 as he kept him part of the roster in all the games. As you recall, he pulled ARJ out of the cup games early so that he would have enough in the tank for the EPL games in case he was needed and he used ARJ in all the games. So not starting 11 but definitely top 18. And as you said, Jahanbakhsh performed well in all of them including his first official assist in the Man U. game. So I think he was knocking on the door of starting 11 when he got hurt.

Now, he has to fight a little bit to get back to where he was but MacAllister, Gross and even Trossard have been blowing cold and hot while he has been out. They brought in two new strikers and I really look forward to a Trossard, Wellbeck, Jahanbakhsh front line. But plenty of competition for all these positions.

Comment

like i said before sometimes you just have to read in between the lines...!
              Fact : Pothead has never rated ARJ and since he wasnt his key signing, (but that of his predecessor) he has tried at every turn so far to fk his career over in BHA ..!! (Id be surprised if anyone still could question this..!?)
              Fact: Regardless of his top form in cup, he still refused to give a well deserved Start in League, but mostly bs minutes off the bench when the game is already lost..!
              Fact: the member who's been in personal contact with him, suggested that he was for most part healthy enough to get back in thick of the action some 2 weeks back or so..! there is been rumors of him training with team for more than a week again but officially it gets reported as just recently training...!
              Fact: big 6 point relegation game ahead of the club against a shitty opponent and off course, ARJ isnt yet match fit to take part in it..!

now watch him miss the next game too with some other bs excuse , or be left on bench and possibly given trash 5 minutes in a loosing fixture..!!

Comment

Just to clarify, Hughton had about as much say on ARJ's signing as Potter had on Trossard (both virtually nil). Brighton outsource that side of things to a stastistics-heavy transfer committee.

Comment

Fact : Pothead has never rated ARJ and since he wasnt his key signing, (but that of his predecessor) he has tried at every turn so far to fk his career over in BHA ..!! (Id be surprised if anyone still could question this..!?)
                  Fact: Regardless of his top form in cup, he still refused to give a well deserved Start in League, but mostly bs minutes off the bench when the game is already lost..!
                  Fact: the member who's been in personal contact with him, suggested that he was for most part healthy enough to get back in thick of the action some 2 weeks back or so..! there is been rumors of him training with team for more than a week again but officially it gets reported as just recently training...!
                  Fact: big 6 point relegation game ahead of the club against a shitty opponent and off course, ARJ isnt yet match fit to take part in it..!

now watch him miss the next game too with some other bs excuse , or be left on bench and possibly given trash 5 minutes in a loosing fixture..!!
                  Philosophically, I question whether any of these are facts Bachelot jaan. A fact focuses on what happened. Example: Potter said such and such (no interpretations) OR ARJ got this much playing time on such and such game. Those are facts. Anything else that has a tiny bit of your take is no longer a fact. Remember Dragnet's "Just the facts Ma'am" (No pun intended ). In your third fact above, you even have a rumor that completely nullifies the credibility of the fact.

Standing for ARJ to be on the squad against Burnely on Friday!

Go ARJ!

Comment

As much as I want to see Iranian football players succeed, I think we're all making this a bit too emotional.
                    Football is harsh, you can only field 11 players, maybe 14 during a game (or whatever the latest substitution rules are with COVID). There are 28 players in the Brighton squad -- sometimes coaches just don't want to use some players. It sucks, but it happens. JB is one of the players who gets barely used, what else can you do?
                    Unless he scores whenever he's in, it doesn't seem likely for him to make the starting 11 on a regular basis.
                    Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                    محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                    - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Unless you have invented a machine that reads and documents what's going on in other's heads, most of the above are not facts, but opinions...

Of course, every member is entitled to their opinion and that is what this forum is all about, to hear other people's opinion.

I am just trying to provide alternative ways of thinking so people don't have so much hate against Potter and SC with regards to Taremi, Azmoun for getting sick, etc... I am afraid that members are going to blow their head gaskets with such strong emotions....

Just remember, Bernardo is Brazilian and Mac Allister is Argentinian and they are not getting much playing time... and many many more examples...

Comment

Comment

Watch what happens:

March starts, Maupay will be on the bench and Alireza will still be in the reserve squad lol.

I don’t trust this coach one bit. Never have and never will. He can fool the simple minded domestic fans of Brighton, but he can’t fool anyone else. We’ve seen this happen on way too many occasions in the past to trust this guy.

Graham Potter, you and your staff aren’t fooling anyone mate lol.

Comment

Potter is trying to keep everyone guessing right until before the game. His selection policy is secret (his players and even himself don't know it) so that his opponents don't get a chance to prepare. Evidently this policy of surprising everyone (including his own players) is working very well
                            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic
                            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

How many more years are we going to witness arguably one of our best talents of recent years being wasted in this crappy and hopeless team?..

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                              به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                                Potter is trying to keep everyone guessing right until before the game. His selection policy is secret (his players and even himself don't know it) so that his opponents don't get a chance to prepare. Evidently this policy of surprising everyone (including his own players) is working very well
                                His selection policy is shit. Just like his coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X