Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, azmoun runs length of field in no time. Wide open with dzyuba for simple pass to backpost on counter. Barrios hits the only defender caught in no mans land.

sums up zenit.

Comment

Video of goal:

Comment

Azmoun started a perfect counter attack with a pass to Dzyuba...it was a 4 v 1 only for Barrios to completely sh*t the bed and kick the ball directly into the lone defender's legs.
        He needs to get out of this league ASAP...he's clearly outgrown it now.

Comment

Cl aside, his stats have been great this first half of the season

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            great goal.

Hard work in press pays off. Robs their mid of ball, releases sutormin on the wing, he penetrates nicely and azmoun continues his run and is sharp in the box, follows flight of deflected ball and heads home.
            yup
            he did 90% of all work on that goal ..! i specially enjoyed his jangjoie tackle to win the ball back in midfield to start the counter..! usually u see him just lazily throw a leg out there half ass challenge MFdrs..!

there was another huge chance on counter with azmoun, Dzuba and another attacker all alone with keeper to beat but Essi's favorite player failed massively by hitting the cross to the only defender that was back marking him...!! lol

Comment

As people previously mentioned pages back, here's to hoping Wolves go for him in the Winter transfer window with Zenit single game remaining against Spartak... I watched Wolves today against Aston Villa and they need a forward like Azmoun, Fabio Silva is a good player and a decent prospect but he's more for the future.

Comment

Wow! what a goal! Sardar on fire again. Earns the ball with gusto and starts the whole attack and then a magnificent high speed header when the goalie thought he had saved the ball!

Go Sardar!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  yup
                  he did 90% of all work on that goal ..! i specially enjoyed his jangjoie tackle to win the ball back in midfield to start the counter..! usually u see him just lazily throw a leg out there half ass challenge MFdrs..!

there was another huge chance on counter with azmoun, Dzuba and another attacker all alone with keeper to beat but Essi's favorite player failed massively by hitting the cross to the only defender that was back marking him...!! lol
                  I think we just need to accept that this guy had covid and was seriously fucked up for weeks. He didnt even jog for 4 weeks! Then expected within first week of touching a ball to save them in CL. And even then, out of 3 decent balls they gave him vs brugge and dortmund, he scored 2, that just happened to be marginally offsides.

I leave this article here for those who kept harping on abotu how he didnt look sharp, looked slow, looked blah blah.
                  https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55281082

"Chelsea's Kai Havertz says contracting Covid-19 hit him "very hard" and he now understands how difficult the global pandemic has been for others.

Germany international Havertz, 21, tested positive in November and said he spent seven to 10 days "just in my bed and everything was hurting".

Havertz missed three games with the virus but has started Chelsea's past three games in all competitions.

Havertz said it took him two or three weeks but he is now "very fit again".

Since joining from Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen for £71m, Havertz has scored three times in 16 appearances - netting a hat-trick against Barnsley in the Carabao Cup.

He told Football Focus: "It was like a very bad flu for me so I think now I know it is very bad for people. Before I sometimes thought, 'OK it is not so bad' but now I get it and I know for older people and people who had illnesses before it can be very bad.

"We all have to look out for each other. To be honest, it was personally very hard."

He added: "When you do nothing for two and half weeks and then you start training again, you feel like you have never played football before. For me it took two or three weeks to get back to 100%.

"Now I have started three games and I'm feeling good. It takes a lot of time and it took around one and a half months for me to get back but now I think I am very fit again and can start to attack again."

Given that sardar was facing the reality described above, I think we can say this was his best first half of the season ever. in his career to date.

Comment

Wow that was a lovely move, loved to see the hustle on the play. This is a good trend for him to keep up, it would help to maintain his marketability as well. Hope to see more of it

Comment

^sadly i missed the their last CL match vs Dortmund, so cant really comment but the game before that vs Brugge, i think he played quiet lively and motivated to score and gave it all but Zenit MF as usual rid and there were next to quality nil service sent his way barring the only marginally offside pass that he buried in back of the net..!
                      he is nearly twice the quality of striker when he plays motivated and lively and doesnt just lollygag about in MF and outside the box and take a more lively approach to his high press and helping his team's D to Offense transition..!! i realize for that he'd have to maintain top level fitness and stamina but that's what it would take more than anything else for him to attract serious interest from high caliber EU teams capable of affording his rather stiff price tag.

other two things that he really needs to work on in training in order to become the Next Level, lethal Striker at higher better EU leagues are imho, His Dribbling Technic in order to unsettle his immediate markers before blowing by them with his tremendous pace and acceleration..! atm, he flat out Sucks asss at this aspect of his game..! lost count of how many times he takes on defender or any field player and gets dispossessed easily by showing too much of ball or his inability to Unbalance his immediate marker with A STEP-OVER or Body-Fake etc..!
                      2nd thing is something which he is quiet capable of achieving is Become a bigger Aerial Threat on the offensive end, Especially so on CK/FKs served into the box..! He does so marvelously on the Defensive end, so i dont see why he can't position himself better to do so on the opposite end ..?? instead of waiting for scraps of his teammates to fall at his feet to put away..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        ^sadly i missed the their last CL match vs Dortmund, so cant really comment but the game before that vs Brugge, i think he played quiet lively and motivated to score and gave it all but Zenit MF as usual rid and there were next to quality nil service sent his way barring the only marginally offside pass that he buried in back of the net..!
                        he is nearly twice the quality of striker when he plays motivated and lively and doesnt just lollygag about in MF and outside the box and take a more lively approach to his high press and helping his team's D to Offense transition..!! i realize for that he'd have to maintain top level fitness and stamina but that's what it would take more than anything else for him to attract serious interest from high caliber EU teams capable of affording his rather stiff price tag.
                        other two things that he really needs to work on in training in order to become the Next Level, lethal Striker at higher better EU leagues are imho, His Dribbling Technic in order to unsettle his immediate markers before blowing by them with his tremendous pace and acceleration..! atm, he flat out Sucks asss at this aspect of his game..! lost count of how many times he takes on defender or any field player and gets dispossessed easily by showing too much of ball or his inability to Unbalance his immediate marker with A STEP-OVER or Body-Fake etc..!
                        2nd thing is something which he is quiet capable of achieving is Become a bigger Aerial Threat on the offensive end, Especially so on CK/FKs served into the box..! He does so marvelously on the Defensive end, so i dont see why he can't position himself better to do so on the opposite end ..?? instead of waiting for scraps of his teammates to fall at his feet to put away..!
                        First point I agree. I like to see him do more of what he did to boateng vs Bayern, what he did vs Japan (that was an excellent example of how he needs to be decisive with his dribbling). He has the talent to do it, but sometimes takes too long to start the action.

With regards to heading, its obvious whenever he is served semi decently he scores headers. The problem is the deliveries zenit give are by and large tokhmi. Also their main tactic from crosses is dzyuba knockdowns to azmoun, which have been super effective, so azmouns role is a bit different than previous.

Comment

Comment

Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pWeDyYmzV0
                            __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                            We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Am I right in thinking Fali Ramadani is or was Azmoun’s agent. Just looking on transfermarkt he no longer has an agent listed and he is not under the LIAN sports group agency either.

Comment

Unfortunately for Zenit they missed Azmoun in the majority of the UCL because he was sick. You could tell he was still weak and getting back in form when he came on against Lazio. Zenit could have done better as Sardar was an integral piece in their line-up. Removing him moved Zenit 10 steps backwards. Their chemistry dropped and it was evident in both RPL and UCL.

But we're glad he is back, he is healthy and he is in form!

Comment

Working...
                                X