fk me
      brilliant shot from top right of the box by sardar
      goes off the upright
      damn brilliant play by our boy
      he looks so damn sharp

Comment

AZMOUN WITH A CRACKER off underside of bar. SO unlucky

Comment

again, hard to deny his improvement in multiple sectors. His shots from range/with power are much more impressive than ever before. Hes dangerous from basically all areas. Crosses, running in behind, shooting from angles, with power, both feet, 1v1s etc. Just for his play that hit the post, his ability to mid sprint chest ball perfectly into his path and unload that ferocious effort which russias best GK has basically no chance of getting to is damn impressive. The timing of run also immaculate. For his goal, he shows no hesistancy to pull trigger and that is what enables him to take GK by surprise.

As BL said, if he just spends a few months working on a few go to skills to quickly throw off a defender, buy himself half a yard before unloading a strike, he really has everything a modern 9 needs.

Comment

Azmoun has been a 1-man highlight reel this half

Comment

1-1 HT

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                again, hard to deny his improvement in multiple sectors. His shots from range/with power are much more impressive than ever before. Hes dangerous from basically all areas. Crosses, running in behind, shooting from angles, with power, both feet, 1v1s etc.

As BL said, if he just spends a few months working on a few go to skills to quickly throw off a defender, buy himself half a yard before unloading a strike, he really has everything a modern 9 needs.
                No doubt he's become more well rounded in all aspects of the game.

He also appears to now be physically very strong. Could some of these improvements, such as strong shots from further out, be related to that?

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                  No doubt he's become more well rounded in all aspects of the game.
                  He also appears to now be physically very strong. Could some of these improvements, such as strong shots from further out, be related to that?
                  definitely! I was actually speaking to a non iranian friend the other day after CL game. First thing he told me he noticed was azmouns physical strength, and general size.

Some guys get jacked in the gym but are still not "strong" on the pitch and can be pushed off ball easily. Azmoun has a natural strength that has been well harnessed now. He is naturally very powerful.

I seriously think he would be a great fit for atleti and simeone.

Comment

Forgot this game was on . Any vids of his goal? Seems like I am missing a good performance by him.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      definitely! I was actually speaking to a non iranian friend the other day after CL game. First thing he told me he noticed was azmouns physical strength, and general size.
                      Some guys get jacked in the gym but are still not "strong" on the pitch and can be pushed off ball easily. Azmoun has a natural strength that has been well harnessed now. He is naturally very powerful.
                      He may have bulked up his upper body, but his legs have always been like those of a work horse. His leaping ability/height has always impressed me. Likely a carry over from his volleyball days.

Comment

Here's the own goal.

Comment

Malcolm barely miss judges a through pass to Sardar in the box. Would have been a goal.

Comment

azmoun nearly with great assist to dzyuba.

Dribbles thru 3 ppl and slips big guy thru. Another smart save by spartak gk.

Comment

zenit with the bulk of the possession in the second half, with nearly all the action in Spartak's half. They're definitely knocking on the door. C'mon Sardar!

Comment

Spartak increasing pressure now as well. Two shots on either end of the field were just wide.

Comment

Working...
                                X