• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    Wow what a soft goal by Dortmund. 2-1.
    Totally a mishit. So lucky.

Comment

Azmoun needs to leave this winter transfer window. There’s nothing left for him here. No more UCL left this season and he’s shown he’s a class above the Russian league. He needs to challenge himself elsewhere before it gets too late for him to develop more

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
        Azmoun needs to leave this winter transfer window. There’s nothing left for him here. No more UCL left this season and he’s shown he’s a class above the Russian league. He needs to challenge himself elsewhere before it gets too late for him to develop more
        Most definitely. He needs better coaching too. As good as he is, he still has a lot to improve on. Honestly it’s amazing how he has developed in spite of the so so coaching he has received.

Comment

If I had a dollar for everytime Azmoun has taken a shot with a defender DIRECTLY in front of him...
          #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
            the kid just turned 16 and has scored 15 goals in 4 matches in the u19 Bundesliga. It’s not just his physical development when he’s doing it against guys 3 years older than him
            I'm only going by this 30 minute cameo but I've had to read about the hype surrounding him as if he's the best footballing talent of his generation. He comes on and besides being nowhere positionally and movement-wise which I can put down to nerves, he also seems incapable of the most basic of abilities like a first-touch. He might have a wonderful career as some hideously average Bundesliga striker but world class he won't be.

Comment

he really needs to leave this team asap. He seems very unmotivated and not hungry.

Comment

I don't want to be harsh and I'm sure I'm wrong, but with the way he's played these past few months, specially in the Champions League (russian league isn't really a great standard of football imo), how many teams would actually want to invest so much money on him with the way he's played?... He's not really been at the peak of his game, like the way he was heading a couple of seasons ago... I hope he moves away but I just hope it's not too late for his sake in terms of his development.

Comment

And just like that..

Zenits ship has sailed..

Can Semak lose his job yet?
                  #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Zenit was attacking like headless chicken

Also seem the ball burn their players feet

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                      And just like that..

Zenits ship has sailed..

Can Semak lose his job yet?
                      I said the other day too , his contract is up in the Summer and at this moment in time he hasn’t been offered a new one.

Sardar didn’t play great but he held the line well, closed down well, kept pressure on the defence. He was well marshalled though by Hummels and then Zagadou. He defended well for the corners, then bust a gut to join in on the counter attacks which he did do. One he was unlucky on as the ball was just played behind him and when he could have been through on goal again, the ball was poor to him by Dzyuba.

Yes he looked gassed at the end but that was inevitable. I honestly thought he would be subbed out earlier to keep him fresh for the next couple of games before winter break.

Comment

He does fine in the russian league when Zenit can dominate games but my god against decent opposition this season he has looked so shol o vel it makes you want to rip your eyes out.

Just walking around casually, miscontrolling half the balls that go into the box, late to the ball, slamming shots straight at defenders without even trying to make a bit of space. Horrible game by him.

He is stagnating in Russia as many here have predicted. He needs to go somewhere where he is challenged day in and day out, where he has to fight for his position and maintain good form. No more of this for the love of god. Right now Taremi looks much better than him. Why? He's having to fight for his spot in the lineup, having to play quality opposition, has to play on a team with higher standards.

Comment

Based on this performance, Sardar’s game epitomises a poor quality Russian league where he can end up as top scorer!
                          Again based on this he will make it out of this league but perhaps more suited as a starter in a mid table European league or making up the squad numbers at a top league- only if he had left last season.
                          sigpic
                          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

didnt see game but nice finish 1v1 offsides. Was supposedly a big weakness of his that he has really addressed.

Besides that I dont read too much into it. He is still returning from long time without playing/training, now playing many games in quick succesion. When he is served semi decently he hits target or scores. He has had plenty of strong CL performances so I am not sure why we would only base his level on tonight? For example even first match of CL vs brugge when he was fully fit it was clear he was a level above team, taking on 4 guys at a time and setting up his teammates multiple times for easy chances.

But for his own development its definitely time to leave. He needs competition and most crucially a coach that can push him to next level. I am sure there are suitors. Hopefully his price lowering a bit helps. In football if you stagnate you end up regressing, and sardar is surely done progressing at zenit at this point.

A player who is top scorer of a league 2x in a row and the time before was 2nd top scorer is clearly a level above that league, with solid CL/EL exploits to back it up, on back of good record for smaller team, plus additional CL games there. Again im not really sure what more he could do in russia to convince he can play at a higher level.

Comment

That is one part of his game I think he can really work on, is his runs into the box. When the ball goes out wide, I can see him making a late run into the box and the ball is way in front of him. It may be his starting position is too deep. As someone else just said , with better coaching then this part of his game can be improved.

I thought he looked ok tonight though, must have been watching a different game to some of you 😃

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                                That is one part of his game I think he can really work on, is his runs into the box. When the ball goes out wide, I can see him making a late run into the box and the ball is way in front of him. It may be his starting position is too deep. As someone else just said , with better coaching then this part of his game can be improved.
                                I thought he looked ok tonight though, must have been watching a different game to some of you 😃
                                bc some people azmoun to do other worldly things every time he gets the ball. He is a striker who needs service, and zenit hardly provides it. Today it seems they fed him a ball for him to run onto into space once, he scored it, was slightly offsides. Vs Brugge again, they played him a meaningful ball into the box once, he scored it.

Comment

Working...
                                X