X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    Belotti-Rome, frozen deal: Pinto turns on Azmoun

Torino does not go down with the request and the Giallorossi have made contacts with the entourage of the Iranian footballer

Rome, the moves on the market

But obviously what interests Mourinho (and the fans) most is the incoming market. The news of the day is the breakdown of negotiations with Turin for Andrea Belotti. President Cairo does not drop the request for 30 million. If he doesn't call back, the front is closed. This is why Roma have made contacts with the entourage of Azmoun, the Iranian of Zenit St. Petersburg who has a contract expiring in 2022. It seems that Mourinho is a big fan. And it could also come in case of confirmation of Dzeko, on which Juventus has fallen with a certain decision, growing thanks to his company. Class of 1995, 1.86 tall, Azmoun is one of the many "Messi" in the world. In his case, it is the Leo of Persia. It remains to be seen how much Zenith will ask to free him. Not really a detail.

https://www.corrieredellosport.it/ne...medium=twitter
    Roma is no improvement. Roma is no Top Club at the moment and finished 7th and wont have CL or EL games next season. Germany, France, Spain would be better
    sigpic

Comment

They're not much of an improvement on respective abilities of the teams and Roma play in a far inferior European stage but the ceiling in Rome is much higher than Zenit. End the season as top scorer in Serie A and bring the title to them and his credentials on a global level shoot up. Whereas stay at Zenit and continue to do the same for the next 10 years and I'm not sure what, if anything more it achieves. Plus on a domestic level, he'll be tested more in Italy. Would be tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
        They're not much of an improvement on respective abilities of the teams and Roma play in a far inferior European stage but the ceiling in Rome is much higher than Zenit. End the season as top scorer in Serie A and bring the title to them and his credentials on a global level shoot up. Whereas stay at Zenit and continue to do the same for the next 10 years and I'm not sure what, if anything more it achieves. Plus on a domestic level, he'll be tested more in Italy. Would be tasty.
        Daghighan.

Behtarin golzane Serie A beshi = Juventus ya Inter mige befarma.

Hala zire Mourinho mishe be in hadaf resid? Man shaaki hastam.
        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Being led by Mourinho now means all eyes are going to be on Roma next season. The whole world will be watching. If Sardar goes there and has a successful season, the entire world will be witness

Sure they’re not going to be in European competitions next season, but they’ll likely be challenging for qualification for upcoming seasons as they try to push for top 4 spots in Serie A

I still have preference to Sevilla but I’ll be happy with Roma too

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
            Being led by Mourinho now means all eyes are going to be on Roma next season. The whole world will be watching. If Sardar goes there and has a successful season, the entire world will be witness

Sure they’re not going to be in European competitions next season, but they’ll likely be challenging for qualification for upcoming seasons as they try to push for top 4 spots in Serie A

I still have preference to Sevilla but I’ll be happy with Roma too
            Roma will have a good project that's being developed under their new Portuguese general manager, Tiago Pinto.

https://football-italia.net/tiago-pi...-roma-project/

Tiago Pinto explains Roma project

New Roma General Manager Tiago Pinto says the Giallorossi have a medium-to-long term project and explains how Ryan and Dan Friedkin convinced him to join the club.

The former Benfica director was unveiled at a press conference on Wednesday.

“It was not easy to leave Benfica, you all know how much I love the club” he said.

“Dan and Ryan Friedkin explained me what they want to build here. I’ve understood I could play a key role in the development of the club and make the team more competitive.

New Roma General Manager Tiago Pinto says the Giallorossi have a medium-to-long term project and explains how Ryan and Dan Friedkin convinced him to join the club.

The former Benfica director was unveiled at a press conference on Wednesday.

“It was not easy to leave Benfica, you all know how much I love the club” he said.

“Dan and Ryan Friedkin explained me what they want to build here. I’ve understood I could play a key role in the development of the club and make the team more competitive.

“This is a medium-to-long term project and sustainability is crucial to gain victories in football, but nobody can predict when we will win.

“We have ambition and we must have it every day. Our aim must be to do better than the day before. If we’ll be able to do that, we’ll win.

“There are clubs who have invested a lot, but haven’t won much, we are working every day to make Roma more competitive, we need to be united and we’ll reach our targets all together.”

What’s the club’s transfer strategy?

“We have no language barriers with [Paulo] Fonseca. We are working together to find the best solutions.

"We want to keep hold of our best players as long as possible. We want to make them develop and keep them for as much time as we can and be competitive.

“Fonseca is the fifth coach I’m working with, I know him very well. I identify myself in his ideas, an offensive and dynamic football. His ideas are the right ones for this club.

“I can’t say how many operations we’ll do in January, we are working to make the best deals.

“I repeat this is a medium to-long term project and we are working to make the team more competitive.”

Lorenzo Pellegrini’s contract expires in 2020.

“I am a transparent person, Pellegrini embodies our project. He is young, talented and attached to Roma, we’ll make everything we can to extend his contract as soon as possible.”

Tiago Pinto has revealed Roma won’t hire a new sporting director.

“I will oversee transfer negotiations with Dan and Ryan Friedkin, I am here to develop Roma.

“Nobody else will arrive, I am in charge of the sporting area and I will oversee it with Dan and Ryan, I am here to work with those who are here already. I want to be helpful.

“I twill be crucial to have a solid scouting department, it will be important to have a database that will help us make the best decisions."

Comment

To me As Roma is a bigger club than Sevilla.
              However lack of euro competition next year is worrying

Comment

Mourinho been out of form for a couple years. Maybe he can adapt in Italy, but if it ends like his last jobs it won't be ideal for Azmoun

Comment

the stability and media pressure of a successful loptegui led sevilla is not close to roma. Outside of Real or Barca, roma probably has the most intense media craze around them. We just dont hear about it much bc they have been irrelevant for a while, but their fan base is massive. This atmosphere will only increase with mourinho.

Not that I dont think azmoun can deal with it, but sevilla would be a much more safe bet.

Lets see how it all plays out. Azmoun gave an interview to iranian TV where he basically confirmed, again, his desire for a new challenge but stated that it is up to zenit agreeing to let him go as he has another year left on contract.

Comment

I still much prefer Sevilla
                    La Liga >>serie A much more respected & attractive playing league
                    Better suited coach to sardar’s playing strengths & much more likely for him to pad end of season personal stats under lupi than Mou..!
                    Much more stable club vs a more renowned Eu club but under construction & not likely to reach their former glory for at least another year or 2
                    Europian football to boot vs mostly league action in highly physical & defensive league under a big-headed, defensive coach who may well be past his peak as a manager ..!?
                    Roma fan base are also have a reputation of being racist & highly flaky like EPL clubs ..! But their SM is rather been quiet kind towards Iranians so I don’t know !?

Comment

Sardar has gone for the safe option a few times, I feel he has to step in to the big challenge and if it is correct how much Roma and Mourinho want him then go for it. Doesn’t matter if they are not in Champs League , they are still a famous side with lots of tradition who have the capability to go far in this rebuild.

Plus if it doesn’t work out then he is still only 27 at the end of next season and will have many other opportunities. He has to have no regrets and take a leap into the unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                        Sardar has gone for the safe option a few times, I feel he has to step in to the big challenge and if it is correct how much Roma and Mourinho want him then go for it. Doesn’t matter if they are not in Champs League , they are still a famous side with lots of tradition who have the capability to go far in this rebuild.

Plus if it doesn’t work out then he is still only 27 at the end of next season and will have many other opportunities. He has to have no regrets and take a leap into the unknown.
                        The bad side is Roma considers him as a back up option for belotti

Comment

Regardless of what happens, the more interest the better. These rumors could also push Sevilla to increase their bid and try to close a deal sooner

Comment

https://youtu.be/RMo2exYWJ6o

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                              Belotti-Rome, frozen deal: Pinto turns on Azmoun
                              Torino does not go down with the request and the Giallorossi have made contacts with the entourage of the Iranian footballer
                              Rome, the moves on the market
                              But obviously what interests Mourinho (and the fans) most is the incoming market. The news of the day is the breakdown of negotiations with Turin for Andrea Belotti. President Cairo does not drop the request for 30 million. If he doesn't call back, the front is closed. This is why Roma have made contacts with the entourage of Azmoun, the Iranian of Zenit St. Petersburg who has a contract expiring in 2022. It seems that Mourinho is a big fan. And it could also come in case of confirmation of Dzeko, on which Juventus has fallen with a certain decision, growing thanks to his company. Class of 1995, 1.86 tall, Azmoun is one of the many "Messi" in the world. In his case, it is the Leo of Persia. It remains to be seen how much Zenith will ask to free him. Not really a detail.
                              https://www.corrieredellosport.it/ne...medium=twitter
                              God, I’m sick and tired of the “Iranian Messi” bullshit.. I remember how it started too. This guy on PFDC made a video when Sardar was 19-20 and it was titled Sardar “the Iranian Messi”. A prominent news website (don’t remember which one) added that same video under their article and it has carried on since then. I don’t remember who it was and no dig at the person who did it. But as Iranians we really do need to stop with the “Iranian this” “Iranian that” shit. The other day I read “Nekounam, the Iranian Deco”… No! He’s not! Lol Jesus t**s. He is Nekounam. There will never be another Deco and there will never be another Javad Nekounam. If you’re gonna make comparisons, at least put some effort into it and make the correct comparison. It’s so f***ing annoying when we do this.
                              Last edited by teammelli91; 06-10-2021, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                                Thanks for the video. I still can't believe we lost to Bahrain 3-1 back in 2001. Seeing the beginning footage, with them running onto the field with the KSA flag...still raises my blood pressure as if it happened yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X