This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

highlights.
    pay attention to his movement at timestamp 5:00 This is a 3v2 situation for the defense, so the two free cbs should be able to handle sardar as he is dzyubas only passing option. But they cant. Not many forwards have the wherewithal to hold their run on fast counter, lulling defenders to sleep (think he isnt gonna do anything) and then have the acceleration to get away from everybody on a straight sprint.

The timing of that run and decision to bait the defenders by holding it initially is so classic azmoun and really calibre CF play. That is how he make so many chances for himself.

His desicion to chip was also correct one given angle but GK made great save.

The run and finish at 6:33 speak for themselves.

On a team note, zenit started with brazilian douglas santos in midfield today, and young russian krugovoy at LB. This could potentially be a smart idea for CL, especially if they cannot land a top class midfielder. Douglas scored the brilliant first goal, also in CL when he played midfield vs lyon they looked much better in that zone (he gave the great reverse ball for azmoun to initiate 1-2 with dzyuba that carved open the french). In general it gives them a lot more fluidity and much more creativity in their passing than when they play two sitting destroyers in Barrios + slightly more box 2 box but not technically refined ozdoev.

in CL I would not be surprised if we see semak go 4-3-3 for games vs teams with strong CBs that dzyuba cannot overpower and will require more speed and creativity to break down.

-----------Barrios-------
    Ozdoev------------Santos

Malcom----Sardar----Driussi

Could do the trick, maybe adding a star CM in place of ozdoev if they get lucky in the market.

The two russian youngsters that returned from loan, krugovoy the LB as mentioned, and the winger mostovoy who gave great assist for goal 3 seem like they can add a lot of speed and give semak additional options this term for rotation. This team really lacks speed in certain zones last season. I still think they are on market for that key midfielder though, hopefully a situation similar to malcom one arises where some big team has a top class, younger CM who isnt getting the minutes he would like an fancies being a star in CL for a few seasons with russian champs.

Comment

^good analysis
      who was that young winger #4..? i liked the zest and direct attacking intent he brought to this game for zenit ...!!
      Barrios wasnt all too happy to be subbed out today... kicked a water bottle and was'nt sure if he was all too fond of that tactical change by Semak.?

like you said Sardar has always had the knack for acting nonchalant on the attacking front inorder to fool his markers and opposing defenders, then catch them napping with a quick offensive punch ..... i suppose its his version of Zlatan-isque antics but once the chance presents itself and opening is made, he needs to quickly snap out of it, quickly step it into second gear of that add a bit of Serious intent, physicality and impactful punch to his final touches, a la his approach for his goal today..!

Comment

I appreciate that Semak made some changes to the engine of his team, they played a very intense game against CSKA three days ago and play Dinamo Moscow in four days time. Three games in a week is a lot for a team that has no real break from the end of last seasons. It makes sense for him to make the changes, I was surprised he kept Sardar and Dzyuba on for as long as he did with the game won.

West Ham have a couple of players who would fit in well in the midfield positions of Zenit , these being Felipe Anderson and Manuel Lanzini (both still a good age too). I think both want out of West Ham (a club where good players seem to lose abilities). Either this or Buendia from Norwich who looked a talent last season and set up a lot of chances but the finishing was poor from the strikers.

Comment

Is it just me or Sardar has the chance to surpass the legend, Ali Daei?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
            ^good analysis
            who was that young winger #4..? i liked the zest and direct attacking intent he brought to this game for zenit ...!!
            Barrios wasnt all too happy to be subbed out today... kicked a water bottle and was'nt sure if he was all too fond of that tactical change by Semak.?

like you said Sardar has always had the knack for acting nonchalant on the attacking front inorder to fool his markers and opposing defenders, then catch them napping with a quick offensive punch ..... i suppose its his version of Zlatan-isque antics but once the chance presents itself and opening is made, he needs to quickly snap out of it, quickly step it into second gear of that add a bit of Serious intent, physicality and impactful punch to his final touches, a la his approach for his goal today..!
            yes #4 was the young russian LB I mentioned Krugovoy. He is only 22, good speed and offensive range, sturdy physically. Barrios is excellent at specifically one thing, ball recoveries. His tackling, run tracking, defensive positioning is seriously world class. Unforunately his technical ability is limited and he cant dictate tempo while in possession, dribble through press, give raking passes, etc. Thats why having a more technical compliment like santos in midfield, or a new midfielder, gives so much more to zenit's overall game than another gardan koloft ground coverer like ozdoev.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehrkh5 View Post
                Is it just me or Sardar has the chance to surpass the legend, Ali Daei?
                This may be a controversial opinion, but Sardar > Daei.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                  Sardar definately is the best striker in our history, no doubt about that.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                    I don't think there is anybody who thinks that Daei was a better player than Azmoun. Daei is (still) more Legendary in people's eyes, but that hopefully will change after Azmoun shoots us to the ko stages of a WC .

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                      I don't think there is anybody who thinks that Daei was a better player than Azmoun. Daei is (still) more Legendary in people's eyes, but that hopefully will change after Azmoun shoots us to the ko stages of a WC .
                      That's fair. Can't argue against that.

Comment

What made Daei “legendary” was his qeyrat.
                        Will never forget the match against Bahrain wearing his headband reading “ya zahra.”
                        I’m not into it at all but the intimidation in the goat herders eyes Was priceless
                        "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Sardar is amazing but no way he's surpassed Daei yet... That being said he has a really good chance to surpass him. He's still young! Only 25 years old

Comment

Daei was and is my favourite player of all time.

It only make sence if you saw him demolish South Korea and more on AC96, being 15 years old and never before seeing Team Melli play live (on tv).

But as others already stated;Azmoun is young and moved to Europe even younger. So it would be a surprise if he did NOT surpass the great Daei
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Not to mention that Azmoun is 25 and already has shun with TM for years and one of the top goal scorers of Russian Premier League for several seasons, has snatched championship with his club in Russia. While Daei only started his TM career and pretty much his professional football at the age of 25. Now go figure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If we had friendlies Azmon cooks have broken Daie’s record.
                                .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Working...
                                X