X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    1-0 Halftime
    nice curler from inside the box from dooooglaaas
    this should make for a more open game in 2nd and sardar thrives in such games

ps
    lost my feed towards the end of first half
    any other more quality links than the one posted by agha kasrakhan ?
    https://redditts.soccerstreams.net/e...-stream/500026

Comment

Assist from Sardar.

Comment

SARDAR with an inadvertent assist to Malcom!

Comment

first assist of szn. bit lucky but smart run in behind

Comment

sardar with chip effort well saved by gk. Hard finish bc of angle / whole body weight going opposite way but another smart run.

Comment

free header missed...should have scored that one. getting closer and closer.

Comment

damn Sardar free header missed
                he does so damn well to get behind defensive clearance headers left n right but by comparison has been shittt for quiet sometimes now getting on the end of high balls in the offensive end....!! i dont know what gives ...!!

Comment

He is objectively speaking not a good finisher
                  He is excellent at making the right runs, getting in the smart spaces, using his physicality but for years he has always had this issue of lacking the cutting edge in front of goal, whether that be with his head or his feet.
                  Shouldve scored that header.

Comment

ALL forwards miss chances.everybody from aubameyang to lewandowski to suarez to... Im not sure why when azmoun misses his quality is so under question...

a bad finisher doesnt score those two goals in two chances he scored last week. Those were objectively very hard finishes.

He hasnt scored a header for a while though. Today dzyuba who would I would say is a better natural finisher than azmoun missed a much more guilt edge chance.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      a bad finisher doesnt score those two goals in two chances he scored last week. Those were objectively very hard finishes.
                      He hasnt scored a header for a while though.
                      Look i have watched almost all of his games too and lets be real frank
                      There are games where this does happen, but his scoring ratio for the number of good chances he gets is not good and that is by definition how you measure finishing ability.
                      Now im not saying he is a bad goal scorer, that would be objectively false. He scores a lot because of the other skills he has as previously mentioned. He is also a good striker. But there are different strengths and weaknesses to any striker and if there had to be one weakness that most fans can point to it would be his finishing efficiency.

I think a good analogy would be to Raheem Sterling. For every game where he is efficient he will have another like the Lyon game where is is also very wasteful. Nobody doubts that Sterling is a world class striker but people concede that he is wasteful.
                      Last edited by TM4LIFE; 08-22-2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Goal Sardar

Comment

goalllllll azmounnnnnn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                            Look i have watched almost all of his games too and lets be real frank
                            There are games where this does happen, but his scoring ratio for the number of good chances he gets is not good and that is by definition how you measure finishing ability.
                            Now im not saying he is a bad goal scorer, that would be objectively false. He scores a lot because of the other skills he has as previously mentioned. He is also a good striker. But there are different strengths and weaknesses to any striker and if there had to be one weakness that most fans can point to it would be his finishing efficiency.

I think a good analogy would be to Raheem Sterling. For every game where he is efficient he will have another like the Lyon game where is is also very wasteful. Nobody doubts that Sterling is a world class striker but people concede that he is wasteful.
                            No I get what you are saying. He is not a NATURAL finisher like some. His skillset is much more diverse than that. The amount of chances he creates with his runs means he can miss a few here and there.

His scoring ratio shows that while he is top scorer he could even score MORE goals which is pretty impressive in itself. We are seeing firsthand that his finishing and efficiency IS improving in zenit and that efficiency is something that in MANY forwards develops with age.

I can give you an example. Aubameyang at age 23-26 was not a deadly striker by any means. Around age 26-28 is when he really made a quantum leap in his EFFICIENCY. This is what I see happening with sardar.

AND right on cue a great 1v1 finish rounding defender and gk and cleanly slotting home.

Comment

Another lovely goal, great 1-2 and then one on one with the goalie. Sat him down, took it around him and still a tough finish to get it last the defender.

I remember a couple of years ago we were saying one on one was his weak point and look at that

Comment

Love the way he celebrated with the camera man

Comment

Working...
                                X