This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    Their game this coming Sunday is their 5th game in 16 days... of which, Ali and Kaveh played pretty much every minute of, including a 120 minute game. The team's performance will be weak this Sunday as their squad has no depth and they play the same players over and over again. Hoping for no injuries.
    Man ham hamnazaram. Charleroi az in nazar yek teame mahdoodiye va shayad agar miraft marhaleye gorohiye EL dar tooole fasl nemikeshid.

Amma be nazare man Partizan yek teame ghavitari bood ta harife emshaab ke mikeshid aghab va hatta dar defaa ham anchenan khob nabood. Charleroi badshansi avord va yek pentali ham az dast daad.

Be har haal alan Charleroi mitone kamelan rooyel lig tamarkoz kone va say kone ghahremaan beshe.
    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

it may be a blessing in disguise they didnt make it.

I thought if they made it they would address squad depth but given how close we are to deadline it might be a bit late to do that. they really are playing same 11 guys every match.

Although they are doing ok it would only take a few months for them to burnout and struggle in both comps. OFC the reward for that would have been some potentially huge matches for gholi and Kaveh to show their stuff at next level.

I think they are serious candidates for league now.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        what makes you say that? Hes taken a very avg squad to an excelletn season last year and another one this year.

This match they have not played bad at all. Fall and Nicholson (individual talent lol) missed target completeley on great chances and gholi hit post. Poznan are a good team and dangerous on break. Scored on one deflected long shot and another long shot gk should have saved.

If they lose it happens. But he has achieved an awful considering that the quality of squad is really just Gholi+Kaveh+morioka plus athletic africans. On top of that they sell their best players almost each year (osimhen, nurio, Kaveh before) and still are maintaining high level in a league with teams like standard liege, genk, gent, brugge, anderlecht who are far more wealthy than them.
        To be honest, I can't really back it up with empirical evidence. It's just a subjective observation. I feel like last season Charleroi was riding on the back of the mentality and the structure Mazzu implemented. Hustle hard, get back on defense, etc...

I find under the new guy, I feel like I'm watching PP under Branko.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
          To be honest, I can't really back it up with empirical evidence. It's just a subjective observation. I feel like last season Charleroi was riding on the back of the mentality and the structure Mazzu implemented. Hustle hard, get back on defense, etc...

I find under the new guy, I feel like I'm watching PP under Branko.
          then I have to disagree with you big time. The team has changed a lot from mazzu days. They have new players playing in new positions. It was not mazzu who decided to transform morioka into the fulcrum of the team as a CM, it was Belhocine. It was not mazzu who turned to young 19y/o RB Busi from academy and made him a regular starter now wanted by clubs in italy and one of the most highly rated young players in belgium. It was not mazzu who replaced nurio with a LW sub from nantes (Kayembe) that actually ended up being superior to nurio.

Mazzu did great setting up a structure and mentality, but with him charleroi never took next step as they are now. They finished dead last in championship round robin in kaveh's first season and finished 9th the season after. Compare to belhocine taking them to 3rd and now first with a margin. He has showed his tactical nouse in big games now on consistent basis vs brugge (last season and this) and the other big belgian teams.

One thing I will note is that he really does not rotate team at all or even utilize his subs. I think this is partially bc the dropoff in quality is so high but he needs to start getting something out of his bench even for just league matches as it will be a long season. Not sure if this is more due to charleroi lacking spending power due to covid to bring in some additional depth or his personal choice.

They do not play great open football, but they play efficient football in both boxes and thats what matters. Today they had 3x the chances poznan did. If kaveh scores PK, Gholi header doesnt hit post, Fall and Nicholson dont fuck up 5 chances each, CB header goes in off the bar and not bouncing out, CB shot goes in after deflection and not mm wide, then they are in EL while basically having a net spend of +15 mil in the past 1.5 years.

I like you initially questioned their appointment of anderlecht assistant coach, but at this stage its been so long with consistent results its kind of hard to say the guy is the level of PGPL coach just bc of something subjective you feel.

Comment

^^ Why do you post this in this thread
            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
              wrong thread

Comment

Belgium's Sport Magazine selects Kaveh as 'Player of the Month':

Player of the month for September: Kaveh Rezaei, a paradoxical triumph

The Iranian from Charleroi is the second winner of the season, elected by our editorial staff and our readers. He succeeds Raphael Holzhauser.

You can be elected Player of the Month and be half responsible for having annoyed your club again with history. Charleroi will wait a little longer to discover the pools of the Europa League and it is a bit of the fault of its Iranian star scorer, erased yesterday against Lech Poznan in a match which was supposed to come to validate the start of the season canon of Sambrian club. His missed penalty after returning from the locker room adds to a generally very average match that is coming, and it is quite the paradox, yet conclude the month of all the superlatives for the player loaned by Club Bruges.

His four goals in five outings this month allowed Charleroi to isolate themselves at the top of the table and it was not lost on anyone. Praised by our editorial staff, Kaveh Rezaei was also, and above all, popular with our readers. With 56% of the votes cast, the Iranian is positioned far ahead of Xavier Mercier (17%, OHL) and the outgoing winner Raphael Holzhauser (14%, Beerschot). Jeremy Doku's dribbles (8%, Anderlecht) and Paul Onuachu's helmets (5%, Genk) come a little further behind the flats of Rezaei's sharp safety feet in the finishing zone.

Opportunist in Zulte (0-2), on fire against Beerschot (3-1) for what will remain the first and unexpected shock of this championship, will the number 10 carolo be able to continue this Sunday against Standard? This is the 100 point question at the moment. The other is to know what will be the name of the offensive defector expected from Charleroi in the coming hours.

In view of the recent service records of the incumbent, he will have to hang on to undermine the Carolo hierarchy dear to Karim Belhocine .

Rankings:
                1) Kaveh Rezaei (Charleroi)
                2) Xavier Mercier - OH Louvain
                3) Raphael Holzhauser - Beerschot

Previous Winners:
                August 2020: Raphael Holzhauser (Beerschot)
                September 2020: Kaveh Rezaei (Charleroi)"

https://sportmagazine.levif.be/sport...eck=1601684561

Comment

Ali and Kaveh starting

Comment

link: https://sportsnews1478.blogspot.com/...-liege-fr.html

Comment

0-0- HT

Comment

Kaveh and Ali have missed the best Chances Charleroi had this match. Nicholson is trash

I think they need a bit of rest. Their schedule has been intense the past month.
                        Last edited by The; 10-04-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Ali missed a chance but was driving force of charleroi for much of the game.

Just had another excellent play where he turned defender inside out and gave kaveh a pinpoint ball. His header was good but lacked power and GK got low and saved.

Now standard make it 2-0. In general not a good game from kaveh. Weak linkup and lost many balls with back to goal. Missed a 1v1 badly, think he slipped.

Charleroi still have a great position in league. Its a blessing in disguise this thin squad does not have to deal with EL.

Comment

They're exhausted and need a rest.

Comment

definitely signs of exhaustion, wonder why charleroi couldnt use someone like delfi in this situation???

Why loan him out when clearly you lack good options up front.
                              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                Ali missed a chance but was driving force of charleroi for much of the game.

Just had another excellent play where he turned defender inside out and gave kaveh a pinpoint ball. His header was good but lacked power and GK got low and saved.

Now standard make it 2-0. In general not a good game from kaveh. Weak linkup and lost many balls with back to goal. Missed a 1v1 badly, think he slipped.

Charleroi still have a great position in league. Its a blessing in disguise this thin squad does not have to deal with EL.
                                I don't agree. It is the third year Gholizadeh is impressive in the belgian, but we didn't hear one rumor of other club being transfered. Same with rezaei with 2,5 successful season there.
                                EL would have give them more experience and coverage

Comment

Working...
                                X