X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    https://www.isna.ir/news/99062317529...پرتغالی

Jafar Salmani reaches agreement with Portimonense
    Tehran Times also mentioned it in their newspaper yesterday, no Portuguese source to mention yet:

https://media.tehrantimes.com/d/t/20.../0/3553712.pdf

Jafar Salmani reaches agreement with Portimonense
    TEHRAN — Iranian winger Jafar Salmani has reportedly reached an agreement with
    Portuguese football team Portimonense.
    The 23-year-old left winger played for Sanat Naft football
    team in Iran Professional League (IPL) last season. Portimonense Sporting Clube are a Portuguese sports club
    based in Portimão.
    Founded on 14 August 1914, they are most notable for their
    professional football team, which currently play in the Primeira Liga, the top flight of Portuguese football.
    Portimonense also field various youth teams and the veterans team in football, as well as teams in basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      Tehran Times also mentioned it in their newspaper yesterday, no Portuguese source to mention yet:

https://media.tehrantimes.com/d/t/20.../0/3553712.pdf
      Portuguese media is reporting it:

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebo...o-portimonense

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
        Wow, impressive! That’s really good news, thanks for sharing!

We are going to have lots and lots of players this season in Portugal!

The source claims that the transfer was already closed yesterday in Iran. I was hoping Paulo Sérgio would have brought Mojadami with him to Portugal from Sanat Naft as well but he opted for Qatar.

Comment

Porto on the hunt for Majid Hosseini?!
          https://www.noticiasaominuto.com/des...majid-hosseini

Comment

Portuguese League starts Friday and Moghanlou, Alipour, and Salmani still need their visas!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
              Porto on the hunt for Majid Hosseini?!
              https://www.noticiasaominuto.com/des...majid-hosseini
              They are just quoting Hamshahri newspaper.

Comment

I have 2 hypothetical questions for you guys and hope whoever answers this question, will be as honest as he/she feels deep inside:

Number one hypothesis:

Supposedly you're a decent 22 year old PGPL player, making $200k/year via footballing in Iran, and then comes a generous and tempting offer from one of the Persian Gulf teams for $450k/year. Meanwhile you have zero offers from European clubs, nor the Far east Asian countries such as S. Korea and japan. What would you do? Will you take this offer and move to Qatar/Kuwait/UAE/KSA? (should Iran-UAE/KSA relationship normalize)

Now the second hypothesis:

You're a great 22 year old player in PGPL receiving $400k/year, and then come an offer from a second tier/yet decent club from Europe for $200k/year. What will be your decision on this offer? Will you grasp and sign a contract with them or will you prefer staying and playing in Iran until you get a better offer from a decent European club?

Har ki javaabe honest bede, be zanam Margot Robbie migam ye shab bahaash dinner bere...

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                  I have 2 hypothetical questions for you guys and hope whoever answers this question, will be as honest as he/she feels deep inside:

Number one hypothesis:

Supposedly you're a decent 22 year old PGPL player, making $200k/year via footballing in Iran, and then comes a generous and tempting offer from one of the Persian Gulf teams for $450k/year. Meanwhile you have zero offers from European clubs, nor the Far east Asian countries such as S. Korea and japan. What would you do? Will you take this offer and move to Qatar/Kuwait/UAE/KSA? (should Iran-UAE/KSA relationship normalize)

You're a great 22 year old player in PGPL receiving $400k/year, and then come an offer from a second tier/yet decent club from Europe for $200k/year. What will be your decision on this offer? Will you grasp and sign a contract with them or will you prefer staying and playing in Iran until you get a better offer from a decent European club?

Har ki javaabe honest bede, be zanam Margot Robbie migam ye shab bahaash dinner bere...
                  It all depends on the players drive and hunger, as well as how much they believe in their potentials. It also depends on how easily these guys can get visas to these european countries, because contrary to popular belief its quite hard!

You have to be very smart, motivated, and not have a junk garbage agent. Guys like PAG just lack motivation. PAG is a very solid CB but would rather make money. I can't hate him for it. However, I hope he gets phased out by a more motivated, younger CB, but it might take time.

Now for my answer: Personally, my answer is very biased because I've lived in the USA all my life. I like living in western countries so I would say Europe. But I'm an empathetic person. I always put myself in others' shoes. A young Iranian growing up in Iran, with probably very little english speaking skills, who is making LOTS of money in a cheap country, bagging all the tehrooni K*S, I WOULD NOT BLAME HIM FOR STAYING IN IRAN.

Comment

Number one hypothesis:

reality is you probably wont get a better offer than "second tier/yet decent club" coming out of iran. Unless you are some mega talent transferring somewhere at age 18 that happens once every 15 years (ezatolahi).

With regards to salaries you mentioned, the numbers and true financial situation have been dramatically changed over recent months. Nobody is paid in dollars firstly. Secondly, that money you get in rial will be worth considerably less in terms of dollars just a few months later. Most teams in iran do not pay salaries on time, even the big ones (PP,SS) and you are often getting a fraction of your agreed salary in majority of the teams. Not that it is truly their fault either, with the rapid decline of our currency they simply have less and less money. The salary mentioned in situation 2 (400k) is really unrealistic and I dont see any young iranian player in PGPL making that much.

If you are in situation 1 there is no reason to not take the qatari offer. You get paid in dollars, you get paid more, it is tax free, and you have no euro offers so nothing to lose. If anything scouting players from qatar is easier for Euro clubs as we see wth taremi.

If you are in situation 2, you will not get a better euro offer and the salaries you mention as I said dont align with reality. I think the only players in iran on such a salary are diabate and dejagah, defo not any younger players. Plus you are 22 and that is ideal age to make euro transfer.

So yes I transfer to qatar in situation 1, and europe in situation 2. Now please pass margot over for the night

Comment

Number one hypothesis:

1st: Depends if i believe i can attract attention from European teams in 1-2 season(s) time. If i'm confident that at the age of 22 and with the season(s) i already played at a top level IPL club, i should've already have some European offers, but they didn't came. I would accept a high calibre Persian Gulf team offer for the time being.

2st: Would invest in myself and choose to go to Europe!
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

According to ISNA, Saman joined Brentford and the original Source is Swedish Paper Expressen which is very reliable. According to Expressen, this will be announced and official this weekend.

https://www.isna.ir/news/99062720712...د-پیوست

https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotbo...-championship/

Comment

Allahyar Sayyadmanesh is close to joining FC Zorya Luhansk on loan with an option to buy at €3.5M

https://t.co/M3Puq1eOqm
                          golbezanpodcast.com
                          twitter.com/GolBezan
                          instagram.com/GolBezan
                          youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

The amount they make from the club isn't as relevant today. The players make a good chunk of their money off of social media ads nowadays. Why do you think they spam all the betting and clothing shops?

Someone with 1 million followers, which a lot of our players have, can make a few hundred dollars a day in ads, so a few hundred thousand a year if not a million.

So its not 200k vs 400k, its 600k vs 800k which isn't as big of a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by FMCSMUBLB View Post
                              Allahyar Sayyadmanesh is close to joining FC Zorya Luhansk on loan with an option to buy at €3.5M

https://t.co/M3Puq1eOqm
                              pretty good move! They’re in the Europa league group stage so he will have plenty opportunity to show himself

Comment

Number one hypothesis:

As a 22 year old living in Iran during times like this, I definitely wouldn't blame them to take the money route instead of Europe... They have maybe a 10 year window to make as much money as possible through football.

Comment

Working...
                                X