This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who should continue to build near Antwerp? The possible successors of Leko

Ivan Leko was to leave for Shanghai SIPG FC. The board of Antwerp FC therefore has to look for a trainer again. VoetbalPrimeur.be was looking for the suitable successors.

Frank Vercauteren
    Vercauteren has an interesting profile. He can build on the foundations that Leko brought to Antwerp. Fast, attacking football, something that Vercauteren also stands for. He now lives with his family in Russia. But if he gets the offer from Antwerp, he will certainly consider it. Earlier he would have been eyeing for the free place at Standard.

Bernd Storck
    Storck is especially high on the list of Standard fans, but will also be a suitable coach for Antwerp. He has the necessary capabilities and has already shown that he can let a team play football. Storck is currently coaching in Slovakia. There he is doing well with a provisional second place.

Wim De Decker
    De Decker is certainly good with the fans of Antwerp FC. He brought The Great Old back in first class and will not shy away from an adventure at 'his' Antwerp. He knows the club like the back of his hand and is a man of the house. The question, however, is whether he will bring Antwerp to the top. At KAA Gent it did not work very well, and it is also not certain whether he can build on Leko's skeleton.

Mark van Bommel
    Van Bommel showed himself to PSV with attacking football. He is also good at dealing with players. His name counts in football, something Antwerp likes. He could certainly build on the contemporary vision of Antwerp FC. His experience is a bummer. Although he could be a good successor to Leko.

Marc Wilmots
    Wilmots can count as a name in Belgian football. He is a good friend of D'Onofrio, and has previously appeared as a successor to Bölöni. As a club coach, he didn't prove too much, but he gets the benefit of the doubt. With the Red Devils he had lows and heights, just like in his other international periods. An interesting track.

Source: https://www.voetbalprimeur.be/nieuws...-van-leko.html
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

I hope wilmots will become their coach and maybe brighten his dark image in Iranian football a bit.

Comment

I feel van bommel will be more or less like leko

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
          I hope wilmots will become their coach and maybe brighten his dark image in Iranian football a bit.
          i can always forget or forgive Ineptitude and Incompetence but never, ever Apathetic as it was Wiltits short, ill-fated reign over TM..! Especially so when the way it was forced down our throats by him with a such a heavy dose of Arrogance, to boot...! fk him.

Solely for sake of Bey's EU career's possible revival, i'd prefer him getting the coaching job at a club that honestly i couldnt give two fks about...!!

ps

van bommel, as a player, was a real POS, overrated, cheap shot..! he was/still is perhaps my least favorite footballer.... probably the same ol sob as a coach too..! Gattuso was a dirty player too but at least he was a pretty decent footballer too and wasnt nearly as big of a nasty asss cheap shot as VB..!

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
            It is so obvious! They had two games they knew they had very little chance of winning. Both against top teams. He favours Butez and he rested him especially after conceding 4 goals in the previous game. Butez would have been totally finished off after two more lost games. Butez would have conceded more goals than Beiro in those two games and he would have been finished off.

This was all deliberate especially when he reluctantly praised Beiro after Tots game and made that horrible comment immediately after Brugg game. The whole team played two of their worst games ever. Anyone can see it was all plotted to save Butez and bench Beiro for the rest of the season.

some paranoic stuff that. you guys overthink about iranians situations at a club, any manager puts out the best team he feels he should field to win a game whether he is right or wrong, it's a results driven game and thats all managers care they give no fk about the race of the players you should stop your paranoia and moaning whenever things go wrong in your agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by ali8karimi View Post
              some paranoic stuff that. you guys overthink about iranians situations at a club, any manager puts out the best team he feels he should field to win a game whether he is right or wrong, it's a results driven game and thats all managers care they give no fk about the race of the players you should stop your paranoia and moaning whenever things go wrong in your agenda.
              Leko specifically has a history of being a c*nt.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Leko specifically has a history of being a c*nt.
                Seems the common thought here about any other coach whenever an iranian fails to be a regular in an european team.

Comment

Seems the common thought here about any other coach whenever an iranian fails to be a regular in an european team.
                  No. Not at all.
                  Now get off your high horse.

Comment

We are over rating Beiro.

He is a good shot stopper, he is also a great distributer with his hands. However his foot distribution is average.

His worst quality is that he is prone to errors and nervous moments. In most of his games he makes some very questionable mistakes.

In Europe or any other top level club simple mistakes are not looked upon favourably. A goalie is supposed to instill confidence in his defenders not make them nervous about a simple cross coming in.

Being a reliable keeper who doesn't make silly mistakes is more sought after than the one that saves unstoppable shots but ruins it with silly mistakes.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rightoussoul View Post
                      We are over rating Beiro.

He is a good shot stopper, he is also a great distributer with his hands. However his foot distribution is average.

His worst quality is that he is prone to errors and nervous moments. In most of his games he makes some very questionable mistakes.

In Europe or any other top level club simple mistakes are not looked upon favourably. A goalie is supposed to instill confidence in his defenders not make them nervous about a simple cross coming in.

Being a reliable keeper who doesn't make silly mistakes is more sought after than the one that saves unstoppable shots but ruins it with silly mistakes.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
                      De Gea and pretty much every goalie ever would like a word with you.

Since when have we been expecting football players to be perfect ?

Comment

I really appreciate it if people stop using sexist terms here. I am talking about how Leko has been characterized here by several of our active members who otherwise provide many quality posts. I think Leko lacks character and he has backstabbed Ali Beiro yet I think using these terms to describe people is demeaning to half of the world population. I have no doubt that many forum members feel insulted yet for many reasons have chosen not to speak up and I can understand that. I am sure you are all very creative and you could find other terms in your vocabulary.

Go Beiro!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          De Gea and pretty much every goalie ever would like a word with you.

Since when have we been expecting football players to be perfect ?
                          De Gea? the guy who other than a bad season last couple of years was MAN UNITEDs best player for several years? and arguably one of the best keepers in the world over the last 10 years? You are comparing Beiro with that guy?

Even De Gea was on thin ice when he was making the mistakes he was making... but lets say after being top of the game for at least half a decade he deserved a little bit of time.

Comment

Beiro is an excellent goalie. Full stop. We saw that through countless WCQ for Iran, in the World Cup itself where he was immense, and of course when he carried Perspolis to the Asian Cup Final.
                            Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

I think the main concern that people are voicing is not that the manager cares about the players' race, but that the manager just buys into assumptions and stereotypes. Some of these managers just assume Brazilian player = good and Iranian player = bad. This doesn't necessarily mean they're racist, they're just buying into stereotypes and giving less wiggle room for mistakes when it comes to players from Iran that have a negative image in the media.

Comment

I just wonder why it is that these stereotypes only apply to Iranian players and not someone from Burkina Faso, or Togo or whatever less developed African country.

Comment

Working...
                                X