This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
    I don't know about Leko. But no comparison between SC and Potter.
    SC is managing his team in 3 separate demanding competitions, progressed to elimination in CL, A title-contender in the league, and still alive in the domestic cup. With that kind of record, he can do whatever he pleases. Oh incidentally, he has worked Taremi into his rotations and got pretty good output from him.
    Potter on the other hand is trying to get his 6th (yes 6th) league win in all of 2020 (only 2 weeks left). Gets one mediocre result after another, and is more of a con-artist than a coach. And yes, he has managed to ruin the career of JB. Now, if he was getting decent, even half-decent results, one could forgive him, but his overall record in EPL is....wait for it...... 11 W- 18 D- 21 L.
    So SC is no Potter II. Leko may be. His remarks, regardless of Beiro's performance, were really low-class and unbecoming of any coach at any level. It is also bad business. Even if he wants to get rid of him, it is better not to destroy him first, so they can at least recoup some of their money.
    But Beiro has overcome greater odds and way bigger challenges than a low-class coach. He will overcome, I am sure.
    Jesus... what was to be a bit of humour turned into a novel! 🤦*♂️
    sigpic
    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Homa View Post
      There is.
      Please find below:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQrTKwVwJp0

With all due respect - I do not see in the highlights any mistakes AB should have done.
      More over nothing which even a little would justify these harsh words of his Manager.
      Okay, here is my assessment.

1- Beiro showed gumption on the first goal and it was the fault of Antwerp defense who were caught ball watching.

2- As far as the red card situation is concerned, (minute 1:15 of the highlights clip) his goal kick could have been better yet again where was the Antwerp midfield and defense to win the ball and make up for their teammate's shorter than expected goal kick? Beiro should make sure this never happens again yet this does not merit Leko's comments.

3- I stand corrected since the second goal was not a deflection yet it went through the defenders legs and he was blocking Beiro's view. Not as bad as a deflection yet its still something that happens to the best keepers in the world.

Either way, none of this justifies Leko's comments who threw Beiro under the bus instead of taking responsibility for the defeat as the head coach. I stand by my earlier words that Beiro should be urgently looking for a new team. It may sound extreme, yet staying at Antwerp will only prolong pain and disappointment.

Go Beiro!

Sanagrbaaneh beemanand, Alireza Berianvand
      سنگربانِ بی مانند، علیرضا بیرانوند

Comment

Watch this game to see Ali's goal kicks.

https://youtu.be/a5BFLLUt3I8
        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
        نگاه میکنید.
        sigpic
        I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Beiranvand confronts Leko with the facts

Mea culpa. In his own words, Ivan Leko made a bad decision by setting up Alirezah Beiranvand in the top match against Club Brugge. The Iranian did not make a fantastic impression on Sunday, but contrary to the many critical reports, his performance was now also not so bad. Beiranvand even acted as efficiently as his colleague Jean Butez in his two games against Club and Tottenham.

Debut against Tottenham

"It's a tough choice." Ivan Leko actually had a real luxury problem before the clash against Club Brugge on Sunday. Last Thursday, Alireza Beiranvand made her debut in the shirt of Antwerp FC and the Iranian did that with flying colors. You should do it at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, in his first official match in a European competition. The 28-year-old Beiranvand relieved Jean Butez for the first time this season in the Europa League in the Antwerp goal, after the Frenchman was caught making a few mistakes in recent weeks - with a big outlier against KRC Genk.

On Thursday, Beiranvand was not disappointed against the Spurs. In fact, he scored a lot of points with coach Leko. Against José Mourinho's team, the Croat decided to give Butez some mental rest, according to his own words, to recharge him. The French goalie disappeared into the background for a moment, while Beiranvand lived up to his status as a phenomenon - as he is described in his home country - in the Europa League. Leko took a risk by pitting Beiranvand against the Spurs, but in the end the gamble paid off. Apart from a few minor flaws, he proved to be a decent goalkeeper, who also made many important saves.

THE CHOICE OF LEKO

Even though Ivan Leko had a difficult choice on Sunday, Alireza Beiranvand was again between the posts against Club Brugge. However, it was the general expectation that Jean Butez would make his comeback. Mouscron's summer acquisition, however, had to take a seat on the bench again, while Beiranvand was allowed to play his first Belgian top match. But it was not very successful, especially in the football technical field. The Belgian media assessed his performance very strictly, but Ivan Leko could barely hide his disappointment afterwards. “I took a risk by putting Ali. And that was a bad decision. I would be lying if I said otherwise. ”

In his own words, the Croat knew from day one that this would cause problems if you have two really good keepers. “That is never good, there has to be a hierarchy. In recent weeks it has been getting louder why Beiranvand didn't get a chance. ” Leko openly took the blame for setting up Beiranvand, but other sources argue that this choice was sometimes made at the management level. Analyst Wim De Coninck claimed this on Monday evening, for example on Radio 1 in De Tribune. Leko's statement that “it was getting louder why Beiranvand didn't get a chance” can sometimes be seen in that context.

WILMOTS TIPS, BAYAT FACILITATES

Economically, Beiranvand has a nice profile. He is number one in the Iranian national team, where he is a true folk hero - for example, he has more followers on social media than Antwerp FC. That foreign media attention is of course included in The Great Old, but Beiranvand is also just a good goalkeeper with a lot of potential. At the 2018 World Cup, he put himself on the global football map after he managed to stop a penalty from Cristiano Ronaldo. In the very tough group with Spain, Portugal and Morocco, Beiranvand performed impressively, stopping no less than 80% of the 10 total goal attempts collected.

Last summer, Alirezah Beiranvand was tipped off at Antwerp FC by ex-Iranian and Belgian national coach Marc Wilmots. He worked closely with the goalkeeper in Iran and cast his name on Luciano D'Onofrio. During that period Marc Wilmots was also mentioned at Antwerp as a potential successor to Laszlo Bölöni. The notorious French-Iranian players' agent Mogi Bayat would also have played his part in facilitating this deal. It is clear that many parties hope for a good restart of Beiranvand, and that can only be done by "giving him a chance."

PRICE Beast

In his region, Beiranvand is considered a great star, and this is also evident from his acquired individual trophies. In 2017, for example, he was nominated for the FIFA Football Awards, as the first Iranian footballer ever in history. Beiranvand has also been known for years as the best goalkeeper in the national Persian Gulf Pro League, as he won the title as Player of the Year between 2014 and 2019. In the 2017-2018 season, Beiranvand even cleaned its nets 23 times in 27 league matches. Then you can keep doing something.

With that great run, he finished as the second goalkeeper in the world with the most clean sheets on the counter. On April 1, 2020, a massive vote was taken for the best player from the Asian football continent who was ever active in the long history of all World Cups played. Iran is classified by the FIFA World Football Association as an Asian continent and thus it was also possible to vote for Beiranvand. The goalkeeper won a whopping 66% of the votes, making him the proud winner of yet another prominent election.

THE POTENTIAL OF BEIRANVAND

Alirezah Beiranvand's performance against Club Brugge was not completely hopeless. He simply has an unorthodox playing style, but in Iran he has never had a real professional training. For the time being it is still much too early to write off the Iranian, because he did make a very good impression against Tottenham Hotspur. In other words: Beiranvand has a wide margin of progression, even more than Jean Butez. Beiranvand is disliked by his mediocre footplay, but he is also just better with his hands than with his feet. That was soon evident when he reached an agreement with The Great Old.

In Iran he was known for his long throw, with which he is often compared to the German Manuel Neuer who has the same long throw in him. During the Asian Champions League, Beiranvand even measured a throw of no less than 60 meters. Due to his tall stature (measuring 1m94), Beiranvand is a ruler of the skies and is known for his spectacular saves, athletic qualities and quick reflexes. Beiranvand made several saves against both Tottenham and Club Brugge, and that is what it all comes down to as a goalkeeper, right?

In addition, Alirezah Beiranvand had a lot more work to do in his two games played than his colleague Jean Butez in the current football season. For example, the Frenchman in the Jupiler Pro League was put to work 4.36 times per match, while Beiranvand had to intervene 6 times against Club Brugge. However, the save success rate of both goalkeepers is in the same line with 67 and 66 percent respectively - a negligible difference.

Also in the Europa League against Spurs, Beiranvand was more heavily applied than Butez in the current European campaign. The Iranian processed 9 goal chances while Butez was put to work an average of 2.46 times per game. Beiranvand even achieved a higher success rate (77 percent) than Butez in this campaign (76 percent) against Tottenham. Moreover, the Frenchman suffers an average loss of possession (usually due to a wrong pass) as often as Beiranvand. In fact, against Club Brugge, Beiranvand played the ball 39 times to a teammate, while that season average of Butez in the Jupiler Pro League is considerably less with 28 passes per game. In terms of pure efficiency, the difference between the two goalkeepers is therefore very minimal.

LEKO BACK TO TURN ON

Even though other motives were allowed to play a role than the sporting, something we neither confirm nor deny, Alirezah Beiranvand did not do much worse than Jean Butez against Tottenham Hotspur and Club Brugge. Okay, the Iranian did not look good at Krépin Diatta's goal, but that also applies to Butez against Genk, for example. Moreover, Beiranvand had noticeably more work to do in both games than Butez in his past games. Nevertheless, Beiranvand did manage to keep out at least as many balls in proportion as his colleague. On paper both goalkeepers are therefore equal, but it seems strong that Ivan Leko will soon call on Beiranvand - Butez is still the easiest choice in the goal. The question then remains whether that decision will be unanimously supported, internally and / or externally.

Source: https://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/56...s-op-de-feiten
          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

That is a super measured take on situation. Wayyyy to. early for beira to throw in towel. He has way more going for him than butez.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
              Watch this game to see Ali's goal kicks.

https://youtu.be/a5BFLLUt3I8
              this is a good match Iran played really well everyone was jangjoo. And this is just to shut those up who haven't seen Ali's game before and may think he has weak goal ckicks which he does not.
              but if you just want to skip to the times Alireza's kicks and saves:
              43:40
              1:33:00
              1:39.48
              هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
              نگاه میکنید.
              sigpic

Comment

so... is it basically 100% that Beiro is back to the bench for tomorrow's game?

Seems extremely unfair to drop him after one game with a couple (somewhat) mistakes.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kapenak View Post
                  so... is it basically 100% that Beiro is back to the bench for tomorrow's game?

Seems extremely unfair to drop him after one game with a couple (somewhat) mistakes.
                  (extremely) unfair seems to be Leko his middle name

Comment

I wonder if Beiro will start tomorrow anyways.
                    sigpic

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. What if he gets another chance tomorrow.

Comment

^^^You both really think that will happen? Or maybe even more important, is Beira able to perform after his coach roasted him so badly?

Comment

^ he perhaps gets more serious to prove him wrong too, so it might bring him more motivation to do well. It works on some people and he has shown in his life that he likes to play against the odds.
                          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

It all depends on what went on in the meeting he had with the idiot and the goalkeepers coaches after he made those horrible remarks publicly. If he has apologised to Beiro and has reassured him that he does believe in him then I think there is a chance.
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic

Comment

Even though I agree with Webi, It's far from possible considering the circumstances and all the media stuff last couple of days but you never know specially this morron. Of course he could put him in goal and Beira do great job and then Leko would all of sudden be a hero and he would claim that this was the result of Leko's statement and that woke Beira up.

Comment

BENCHED

Comment

Working...
                                X