This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
    This has to be the fastest fall from grace I've ever seen. Beiro's mistake or not, throwing him under the bus like that, it's clear that the Coach's idea is to have him warm the bench. Another Jahanbaksh situation. So very sad.
    Honestly seems a bit more harsh and blatant than the Jahanbaksh situation.

Potter never came out and called Jahanbaksh a "mistake".

This is really sad.
    #WilmotsOUT

Comment

What the fans and newspapers say it not very relevant. What the coach said was very concerning. I am hoping that some of it was post game emotions and some of it came bad through translation. But judging from Rezaie experience, this dude has already screwed up Beiro. Hope they keep losing!

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        Bro what are you trying to argue about. As i said few weeks ago this coach doesn't like Beiro AT ALL! He didn't choose him and the last coach did. He put beiro against Tottenham , told his deffenders to play passing game with him so he makes a mistake . However beiro performed well . He did the same thing again in previous match . This time beiro did make mistakes. apparantly their Deffender got a red card cuz of beiro.

I hope now you know why I was so mad at the coach at first place.
        Well I think his initial decision to bench beiro, if we like it or not, made sense. No preseason, lack of communication skills bigtime, and generally needed time to adapt. He did all that, butez regressed to shit, beira came in with MOTM game vs tottenham (they have been playing out of back like that all year, its just the coaches style, and many times they played out of spurs press brilliantly).

What happened after vs brugge is really beggars belief, for one mistake to result in this fallout.

We know from before Leko is an asshole (although I would think beiras good connection with croatians would help in this regard, GK coach also croat) but he went to an unprofessional level that I did not think to be possible. Still like it or not, it was time for Beira to leave PP, if he had done it two years ago we would have been through his adaptation, settling in experiences by now and he would be a key starter somewhere, likely in a big league by now too.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
          Why all the fuss against Beiro? His ball-watching defense was at fault on the first one and he is the one who came out with valor to defend it. The second one was an unlucky deflection again by defense. Butez's blunders have been many times worse. What am I missing here? What is all the fuss about? I can't blame our people here on this forum to speculate on bias or craziness of some Antwerp fans and the coach. I agree that we should leave them alone and stay off those forums. I am sorry that the coach did not have the minimum professional guts to defend his great goalie who has been through a lot in his first experience in Europe and I hope either the coach will be out or Beiro finds another home in Europe where he is appreciated and supported. This is really unfortunate and I agree that anti-Iranian bias (and yes I call it racism) is definitely a factor and believe me I am very cautious to avoid being accusatory.

Go Beiro!

Sanagrbaaneh beemanand, Alireza Berianvand
          سنگربانِ بی مانند، علیرضا بیرانوند
          I'm with you on this. The behavior of the coach to trust the player for the two most difficult matches so far, and then give this sort of presser shows that either he has it out for Beiro specifically or it is something more.
          I really don't want to use the race bias thing either but unfortunately there is a strong history of fascism in the area around Split specifically where Leko is from. These guys even look down on people from Zagreb and a good number of them have some very strong biases.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbolista View Post
            I'm with you on this. The behavior of the coach to trust the player for the two most difficult matches so far, and then give this sort of presser shows that either he has it out for Beiro specifically or it is something more.
            I really don't want to use the race bias thing either but unfortunately there is a strong history of fascism in the area around Split specifically where Leko is from. These guys even look down on people from Zagreb and a good number of them have some very strong biases.
            thank you for that insight actually. I just assumed since he was croat, GK staff was croat that is automatic positive for beira who has such good exp with croats (Branko who is like croat godfather at this point,Skocic,etc). But as you mention this geographic divide within the country that actually makes sense to me as why this guy is so bad with iranians/such an asshole in general.

Comment

can some1 explain what happened

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                thank you for that insight actually. I just assumed since he was croat, GK staff was croat that is automatic positive for beira who has such good exp with croats (Branko who is like croat godfather at this point,Skocic,etc). But as you mention this geographic divide within the country that actually makes sense to me as why this guy is so bad with iranians/such an asshole in general.
                It does to me as well. I don't want to read into it too much, but they are (like any nation I suppose) not all alike. Many coastal Croats actually still seem themselves as part of "Dalmatia". Many of them are warm/ kind folks but many also look down on inland folks form their own country and neighboring nations like Italy etc. The historic ultra-right movement there has never really died down and as recently as in the last decade the mayor of Split was paying for monuments to the movement. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usta%C5%A1e

Most (almost all) of the Croats who have worked with our players are not from this region. Branko is from the north. It's kind of ironic that the area that does not receive many tourists or outside contact is the more tolerant/ open minded one!

Comment

It does to me as well. I don't want to read into it too much, but they are (like any nation I suppose) not all alike. Many coastal Croats actually still seem themselves as part of "Dalmatia". Many of them are warm/ kind folks but many also look down on inland folks form their own country and neighboring nations like Italy etc. The historic ultra-right movement there has never really died down and as recently as in the last decade the mayor of Split was paying for monuments to the movement. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usta%C5%A1e
                  Most (almost all) of the Croats who have worked with our players are not from this region. Branko is from the north. It's kind of ironic that the area that does not receive many tourists or outside contact is the more tolerant/ open minded one!
                  well idk at the same time he is playing israelis and 5 africans

think another possibility is that he chose butez, board is telling him beira is a potentially top class GK they can cash in on if he plays solid for a couple seasons, leko is a hotheaded idiot and wants everybody to shut up. He probably doesnt like media circus around beira either, the iranian element of huge attention on every beira move, etc. Similar to his starting spot leaking before game, pics with mourinho, etc. all could be involved and pissing leko off. I actually am in agreement here that the PP following and huge iranian media crap that beira is balls deep in (no choice of his own) is super unprofessional and not really welcome at this lower key EU clubs.

I hope that this "Clear the air" talk they had with GK coach leads to some closure from here on out. If he is to be benched again indefinitely, its fair they let him leave on loan and then reassess at end of season. IF not, they should give beira the same 15 game stretch they gave butez, and then compare the performances of the two after that time frame to decide on GK going forward for most likely the final stretch of season (Jupiler Pro League playoff round). This to me would be a compromise that reduces tension, give both GKs motivation, and allows everybody to have clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    well idk at the same time he is playing israelis and 5 africans

I think another possibility is that he chose butez, board is telling him beira is a potentially top class GK they can cash in on if he plays solid for a couple seasons, leko is a hotheaded idiot and wants everybody to shut up. He probably doesnt like media circus around beira either, the iranian element of huge attention on every beira move, etc. Similar to his starting spot leaking before game, pics with mourinho, etc. all could be involved.
                    This could easily be it as well. Just too much of a coincidence considering his story with Rezaei as well.
                    Not to mention that people who follow this sort of mentality/ rhetoric don't really follow any logic. They could dislike an entire group of people for no reason.
                    The link/ scuffle with Mogi Bayat can also be a root. It's a sad situation to witness regardless and I hope Beira finds a solution this January.

Comment

This could easily be it as well. Just too much of a coincidence considering his story with Rezaei as well.
                      Not to mention that people who follow this sort of mentality/ rhetoric don't really follow any logic. They could dislike an entire group of people for no reason.
                      The link/ scuffle with Mogi Bayat can also be a root. It's a sad situation to witness regardless and I hope Beira finds a solution this January.
                      are we under impression he tried to sabotage kaveh? He played him while he was injured but maybe kaveh was trying very hard to play then too (just arrived at big club). Leko interaction with kaveh seemed more positive than with clement who didnt even afford him chance after another great season where he kicked ass of all brugge CFs statistically.

I think most likely case is what I mentioned. He has external pressure from media and board, he is not a fan of it and wants to prove he is right. He gave beira games with expectation that if either fucks up and I never deal with this again, or he is so good he wins me games.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                        End of Beiranvand career for at least 1-2 years! Get ready for Team melli without a decent goalie.
                        https://www.khabarvarzeshi.com/news/...88%D8%B1%D9%BE
                        علیرضا هم بعد از شنیدن این حرف*ها بسیار ناراحت و عصبانی شد. قرار بود امروز در این خصوص بیرانوند و لکو به همراه مربی گلرهای انتورپ جلسه*ای داشته باشند که باید دید نتیجه این جلسه و البته آینده بیرانوند در این تیم چه خواهد شد.
                        I don't agree with such negative prediction of the future. Let's have some faith in our best keeper. He has been through a lot in his life and he has the strength of character to overcome this challenge. I think he should demand a loan or a transfer. After Leko's comments, the water is now under the bridge and its time to move on. He and his agent need to cut their losses before it's too late. Beiro has been very patient and professional and now it's time for him to take a stand.

Go Beiro!

Sanagrbaaneh beemanand, Alireza Berianvand
                        سنگربانِ بی مانند، علیرضا بیرانوند

Comment

I don't see him on fault for the goals, any video available from the bad goalkick that led to the red card? I think that must be what the fuzz is about.

But so low class what the coach said. The same coach that didn't give Kaveh a fair chance and then refused to sub him out when injured so he was out for months.

I am sick of these shit coaches. I hope Beiro earns so fucking much that they need to let him go asap.

Then they can continue with Licko and his favorite Buttass in goal.

Comment

Originally posted by roozan View Post
                            can some1 explain what happened
                            I did not watch the game but apparently, very early on in the game, Beiro had a bad goal kick that went straight to the other team's player and created a goal scoring opportunity. Antwerp's defender fouled him hard to keep him from scoring and got a red card. So they played most of the game with 10 men because of that. Also, it sounded like he continued to be not confident with his aerial game.

Comment

I Was happy with Beiro staying with PP for his entire career for this reason. lots of good international teams end up using domestic league keeper anyways. consistent playing time is most important for a keeper rather than every other position

Comment

There are fundamentals and Incidental. No player including goalies can gain confidence without few games under their belts. Of course it takes one mistake from a goalie to write him off whilst outfield players can make more. The loss of the ball to the opposition is incidental whilst Beiro’s Arial cover competency is well-known and definitely needs more work. That’s fundamental.

Having said all that indeed Leko’s accusations towards Beiro is nothing short of unbelievable and disgusting. I can only imagine he’s been threading on a tight rope before this match and he is trying to save his own job? Rarely I’ve come across a coach that does that to his own player!?

With Sergio of Porto gaining Pothead Take II title, we are witnessing Pothead Take III, unless there’s a title transfer clause which I didn’t l know about!? 🤔
                                sigpic
                                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Working...
                                X