Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to see the photos and the reports of these three field photographers posing as Antwerp defenders.

Screenshot 2020-12-11 at 09.28.04.png
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Exactly what i wanted to say. Awesome performance by beiro that didn't play for 6 months. But If i wanna compare this beiro to Beiro 2018-19 he is miles away.He definitetly needs more playing time to get back to his top form. I hope he gets more playing time because if he doesn't then we WILL be in trouble in teammelli . You guys saw how nervous and shaky he was . This wasn't the same beiro.

Todays game proved that GoalKeepers NEED playing time! I wonder if people here, are still gonna say that goalies don't need playing top to be match fit.

Originally posted by kapenak View Post
      I was going to comment earlier but figured I'd wait to be able to say something more rational and less emotional. Seeing Beiro's name on the team sheet was a very proud moment. As a fellow Iranian and Lor.

To begin, I think it's fair to say that this is the highest profile European game any Iranian goalkeeper has ever played in. I think that in and of itself is something for Beiro to be proud of and take away from this game.

In terms of evaluating his performance, first thing I have to say is this dude's got some balls. Last night when the rumors came out about him starting, I was thinking to myself what he must be going through if that was actually to be the case (not that this is the most nerve-wracking game he's ever played in, far from it... but still), and I was a bit confused why the coach would make such a move. Out of all the games in the world to start Beiro, this one? Against Mourinho's Tottenham? Top of the EPL and going through teams like nobody's business? With arguably the most lethal attach in England or even Europe right now? Really?? It felt as if after all this time riding the bench, he was almost being thrown out in the cold to the wolves. But to his credit, he showed up, like he always has. Despite a very conspicuously shaky and nervous 5 minutes or so-- as is to be expected-- he grew into the game and really started dictating things from the back. He had several top class saves, was show-boating a little with his throws, and he showed he is actually very comfortable with the ball at his feet! Something we haven't seen from him in the past.

To be completely frank, I also think this game also exposed his weaknesses just a little bit-- mainly his ability in the air. We all know he is a tremendous shot-stopper and athletically just a freak. But he has always been a little shaky coming out/up for balls in the air, and I think that weakness in his game really stuck out today. It didn't end up costing his team in any meaningful way, but it was clear to see. I think with some proper training and more experience in games, he will improve.

Overall, I have to say his performance today literally made my day. Reading through all the posts here and seeing some of the player ratings, with some even naming him man of the match! (https://acefootball.com/football-new...layer-ratings/).

I think, and hope, that his performance today will convince the coach that Beiro should be the #1 going forward. He deserves it. And if he gets it, he aint letting it go. I'm excited to see more from this guy, and know that if he is given the chance, he will prove himself and make us all proud.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
        Alireza Beiranvand's long patience, and with him many Iranian football fans, was finally paid off on Thursday. The Antwerp goalkeeper showed a strong performance on his debut and secretly dreams of more, but Ivan Leko does not seem to be going to victimize Butez.
        (google translate)

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nieuws/...van-beiranvand
        At the end of the day it is always our decisions that makes us succeed or fail. If you have an average keeper and a great keeper and you bench the great keeper you and you fail, it would be your neck on the line.
        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
        نگاه میکنید.
        sigpic

Comment

in chos morabiaye darbodaghoon hala yeki yeki vase ma shaakh sodan.
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic

Comment

Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Interesting - I found him pretty shakey at the beginning on high balls and 1:0 he could have boxed rather to the side than back to Venicius. what do you guys think, did that deserve a TOTW nomination? Just want to hear your opinion without Iran glasses on.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                Interesting - I found him pretty shakey at the beginning on high balls and 1:0 he could have boxed rather to the side than back to Venicius. what do you guys think, did that deserve a TOTW nomination? Just want to hear your opinion without Iran glasses on.

I agree 100%. An in-form Beiro would have saved Bale's free kick (caught it or deflected over the bar). The Lo Celso goal was too difficult honestly for him to save.

Beiro also was a bit shakey in the air.

I did however go to Youtube and watch the highlights, and was surprised to see so many comments praising his performance.

I would rate his performance as solid, but he can be much better. At his peak level, Beiro really is in my opinion a world class goalkeeper, and could play in the top clubs in the world.

If Kepa and David de Gea can play for Chelsea and Man United, then so can Beiro...

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                  his team of the week is only based on his and others scoring number! Its math and algoritms! It does not consider how shaky he was because he was nervous and out of match shape

He received the highest score out of all keepers in europa league!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                        I was surprised to see how much the backs kept passing him the ball under difficult and risky circumstances, they seemed to be using him more as a quarterback as someone put it than a goalkeeper compared to some other teams.

Also, it's very interesting that his teammates didn't know that he was expecting them to run far for his throws, he kept telling them to go farther out. Looks like he hasn't practiced this move with them before?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                          That's a friendly expression on Mourinho. I bet he is thinking 'I put some decent defenders in front of you and with your great keeping skills we can win many trophies'.
                          نگاه میکنید.
                          sigpic

Comment

Google translate;

Leko speaks out on goalkeeper issue after strong performance by Beiranvand:
                            "DO NOT MAKE DECISIONS UNDER PRESSURE"

Thursday was the day and the debut of the Iranian was strong. "He did well. He was in goal because he deserved it. Because he has qualities", Ivan Leko judged the performance of his goalkeeper in Het Nieuwsblad .
                            But a goalkeeper issue does not seem to be an issue at the Great Old . "It is not his fault that we have two first goalkeepers. But I am not going to make a big story of this now. I know there is a lot of pressure (from Iran, ed.) To draft him, but we do not have to make decisions. under pressure. Butez has been doing it for good months. "
                            Butez will therefore probably be in goal again against Club Brugge.

Read more: https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nieuws/...#ixzz6gKfCE0Xe

Read more: https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nieuws/...#ixzz6gKf0IOCI

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                              Google translate;
                              Thursday was the day and the debut of the Iranian was strong. "He did well. He was in goal because he deserved it. Because he has qualities", Ivan Leko judged the performance of his goalkeeper in Het Nieuwsblad .
                              But a goalkeeper issue does not seem to be an issue at the Great Old . "It is not his fault that we have two first goalkeepers. But I am not going to make a big story of this now. I know there is a lot of pressure (from Iran, ed.) To draft him, but we do not have to make decisions. under pressure. Butez has been doing it for good months. "

After this performance, considering it was his first match (and at what a venue!!) for a looooong time, and considering this managers assertion that they have another first keeper (I would not consider Butez 1st choice in any team except perhaps some low leagues and he is probably good enough for the Belgian league) and this might actually be a signal from Antwerp to sell Ali and make a huge profit - there might be a flood of offers from other great teams. I would take the best offer this January if I were Ali.
                              نگاه میکنید.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                                Google translate;

Good comments from the coach on Beiro - not totally out of the picture like some here thought.
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X