This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    Interesting choice of words from the manager there , read between the lines and he seems to be saying that Alireza has the better ability but he wants him to get used to his surroundings more and pick up more of the language .
    Makes a lot of sense. It would be very damaging for him if he was thrown into the deep end before he is familiar with the depth and surroundings. Confidence is an important element in football too.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
      Interesting choice of words from the manager there , read between the lines and he seems to be saying that Alireza has the better ability but he wants him to get used to his surroundings more and pick up more of the language .
      So there's finally a manager out there in Europe, who actually respects one of our Alireza's abilities lol.

Ali will be fine, I'm not worried either. I'm with the coach on the communication aspect of the game and acclimating to Belgium and the club.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

Is Alireza sporting a brown wig on top of his black hair??? I know, I know... who will ever look at his hair given the nose!!! He is an absolute beast.

Comment

not corona proof at all
            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              Dude looks like Eeeerooooneee Scotty Pippen
              "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

che cheshmhayeh ghashangi dare een Milad e ma ooo la la..!🤩
                I bet he get mad k0s too beljik baa oon cheshaye zaaghe Masto mashangesh ..! 😜

Comment

Beiranvand is not wearing a wig as he has alot of hair on his head, Lori style. He has died the upper part of his hair into a lighter shade again Lori style lol.

Comment

The Persian Kramer
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

It’s like the Iranian version of The Princess Bride’ in that picture.

Comment

watching this charleroi/antwerp match is first time ive seen butez for 90 mins. He is actually a very solid GK. Obv not as spectacular or brilliant as beira but I can see why coach is going with him for a while until beira can communicate properly with teammates and is settled. He made a couple really nice saves today and wasnt much at fault for either goal (although I think beira might have had a chance to save first one bc of insane wingspan)

Comment

Free Alireza!

Im sure he will play soon enough though.. too good to be sitting there while they have 4points of 4 games
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            watching this charleroi/antwerp match is first time ive seen butez for 90 mins. He is actually a very solid GK. Obv not as spectacular or brilliant as beira but I can see why coach is going with him for a while until beira can communicate properly with teammates and is settled. He made a couple really nice saves today and wasnt much at fault for either goal (although I think beira might have had a chance to save first one bc of insane wingspan)
                            I 100% agree. I was initially rather bullish in my optimism of Beiranvand being able to claim the #1 spot quickly, but I'm not so sure anymore. I had tuned into a Royal Antwerp game or two for brief periods, but this was the first game I watched the whole 90 minutes. And Butez played well. He didn't make any noticeable mistakes, and neither goal was really his fault in any major way.

And that's not to say that I don't think Beiranvand is better. I do. And I think Beiranvand is far better. But the issue is, a couple games in and the coach would really need a reason to pull Butez. Unlike field positions, which are usually fluid and dynamic, the goalkeeper position doesn't work like that. Teams don't easily switch between goalkeepers. And it's tough to overtake a goalkeeper who is doing well in games by just doing well in practice. You really have to show a lot in practice for a coach to replace a goalkeeper who is performing in games. Essentially, the longer Butez keeps playing and doing well, the harder it will be for Beiranvand to overtake him. And for that to happen, Butez will have to have a pretty bad game or screw something up big time. I still don't think Butez is anywhere nearly as good as Alireza, but he's been doing well and the coach is not likely to replace him very easily.

I really think the whole visa/quarantine/Perspolis saga right before he physically went to Belgium really screwed him. Were he at Royal Antwerp about 3 weeks prior to when he got there, he would start the season as the #1.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think he will start the European/Cup games and maybe they will switch around by the mid season mark

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                                I think he will start the European/Cup games and maybe they will switch around by the mid season mark
                                agreed. Im not concerned at all and actually think one of the only few problems with beira which happens to anybody with a lack of competition/no progression in club career is occasional lapses in concentration. Now he is busting his balls to start/competing with another solid GK he will be ultra sharp-> Better for TM. and as you say they will ensure he gets mins in europa/cup at first so he doesnt lose match sharpness.

Antwerp are a very physical, experienced team. They kind of lack some creativity at times besides israeli CAM, but I think for their level leko is a good coach who will ensure stable defense and competitive european results. Today wasnt a great result obviously after being reduced to 10 men after 20 mins but they still had some great opportunities to draw it. Mbokani from a few yards out with a shot, one header off the bar from a winger.

Comment

Working...
                                X