Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the third goalkeeper this season getting the blame for Antwerp (or is that fourth?) then surely by now Antwerp must realise they have a problem with there defence or their goalkeeping coach is a bag of balls.

Comment

somehow de wolf getting decent reviews on twitter. LOL if it had been beiro that let in 4.

At any rate, beiro came to europe which was primary objective, he played some great games, some shit games, some very high profile games too. I think from the Syria game (so limited test) he showed much better foot skills than before and his confidence looked fine.

From here his next move is key, I dont think his stock in europe is destroyed but antwerp is not the place to stay. In general it doesnt feel like a super stable environment on an organizational level which the GKs definitely are experiencing there too.

AEK was mentioned, would be a solid choice. Greece actually has decent track record with GKs + could afford to maintain his salary, and currently do not have real strong number 1 after selling barkas to celtic in the summer. Apparently in past weeks they made contact to bring Barkas back from Celtic on loan for next season (he played 13 times and was so-so) but he wants to stay in celtic or go elsewhere in europe so they will likely have to pursue another option.

Comment

I don't think you can blame the goalkeeper for the first three goals. The fourth one was a soft one but I would still not say that GK made a mistake, but a top GK would have at least tried to save it... The problem is definitely the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
          I don't think you can blame the goalkeeper for the first three goals. The fourth one was a soft one but I would still not say that GK made a mistake, but a top GK would have at least tried to save it... The problem is definitely the defense.
          Do we have any highlights? Now I have not seen any goals but imo, regardless difficult and soft goals, if you can trust in your goali, then you can trust that he also can do good stuff in Difficult goals. Look at Abedzadeh, with all due respect to his crappy team but every game Amir is standing, he does som great saves, balls that even if he did not save, no one would blame him. And tbh, I would say the same about Beiro, even if he concedes difficult goals, I would say if he did NOT concede those, that would differ him then from other keepers.

Comment

I'm not defending de Wolf, I just think Antwerp's defense is also to blame for many of the goals they've conceded this season. All 3 goalkeepers have made their fair share of mistakes, but their defense needs work. I suggest they invest in a few solid defenders if they want to do better next season.

Comment

This team sucks lol, hope Ali leaves to another European club soon
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Beiro and his agent should be actively pursuing a new club NOW so that he could land a decent opportunity in Europe during the summer transfer window. I hope he doesn't take the ARJ route and just stay on the bench for money.

Go Beiro!

Comment

teammelli91 is right. Antwerp's defense makes lots of mistakes and constantly puts their goalies under pressure.
                  Even on the biggest Beiranvand blunders, the defense really made some sloppy mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                    This team sucks lol, hope Ali leaves to another European club soon
                    Goes to show you how bad the Belgian league is that a team like Antwerp is 2nd place.

Comment

Koka boro sangar begir You better go hide bro cuz some members here think Belgium league is better than Portuguese league.

Also 5 weeks ago when I said He should leave right now, people attacked me.

Guess people learn the hard way!Guess Now they have to drink some water and chill.

Comment

Here is the highlights. Wow De Wolf actually saved an PK. However, imo he was definitely at fault on last 3 goals.

https://youtu.be/rDlCbRXAISw

Comment

Philippe Vande Walle, a former Belgian GK and current GK coach and contributer for Voetbal Prime tore into Alireza Beiranvand last friday. Here you can read a translation of his article that was published in Voetbalprime.

Who will win the battle between the poles at Antwerp? Ortwin De Wolf, Jean Butez and Alireza Beiranvand are the three candidates, although Philippe Vande Walle is absolutely not a fan of the latter.

"If he is really fully fit, then I would line up Butez", explains Vande Walle at Gazet Van Antwerpen. "If that is not the case, then I will go for De Wolf. They are two promising goalkeepers who can compete with each other for that one place as a titular. Antwerp is in the right place with those two."

Beiranvand would then be left out forever. "What I do not understand is that the scouting of Antwerp ended up at Beiranvand. His footing leaves much to be desired and that has really become of paramount importance in Europe in the last six to eight years. And then you also have his unorthodox goalkeeper style."

Beiranvand is by no means a modern goalkeeper. "The normal range of airplay, one-on-one and line work is nowadays overrun by playing soccer. In that area, I find De Wolf and Butez in balance, although the latter shows more daring. But daring more means more risks."
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Farantino View Post
                            Philippe Vande Walle, a former Belgian GK and current GK coach and contributer for Voetbal Prime tore into Alireza Beiranvand last friday. Here you can read a translation of his article that was published in Voetbalprime.

Who will win the battle between the poles at Antwerp? Ortwin De Wolf, Jean Butez and Alireza Beiranvand are the three candidates, although Philippe Vande Walle is absolutely not a fan of the latter.

"If he is really fully fit, then I would line up Butez", explains Vande Walle at Gazet Van Antwerpen. "If that is not the case, then I will go for De Wolf. They are two promising goalkeepers who can compete with each other for that one place as a titular. Antwerp is in the right place with those two."

Beiranvand would then be left out forever. "What I do not understand is that the scouting of Antwerp ended up at Beiranvand. His footing leaves much to be desired and that has really become of paramount importance in Europe in the last six to eight years. And then you also have his unorthodox goalkeeper style."

Beiranvand is by no means a modern goalkeeper. "The normal range of airplay, one-on-one and line work is nowadays overrun by playing soccer. In that area, I find De Wolf and Butez in balance, although the latter shows more daring. But daring more means more risks."
                            Who cares about this mofo seriously? He really think Antwerp and his crappy league are real madrid and la liga?

Comment

Well, he wasn't that off saying Beiro foot work is not good and the goalkeeping changing alot, but i haven't seen much of Butez and de Wolf, are their foot works much better than Beiro?

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                                Well, he wasn't that off saying Beiro foot work is not good and the goalkeeping changing alot, but i haven't seen much of Butez and de Wolf, are their foot works much better than Beiro?
                                Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                                is what hes saying true though? Is beiranvand so bad with his feet that it outweighs other categories he is superior? Are butez and de wolf so much better with their feet than beiro that all euro coaches would overlook their deficiencies in 1v1s, shotstopping, etc in favor of their passing?

I personally dont think that true. I think beiro has actually improved with his feet a lot and his footwork hasnt been his main problem at antwerp. He is has had a few too many rushes of blood ]to the head (esp coming out too hard for 1v1s) . I think part of that is nerves, being not in top form, and also part of it is just beiro being beiro. He has still had multiple games where he saved them points and was motm (Gent, Eupen, some others).

To answer your question about other gks, from what I have seen, not really. Both butez and de wolf have made bad passes out of the back that led to goals/pks.

Comment

Working...
                                X