Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable last minute save. Even the opponent goalie had come into the box on a corner. alireza kicked the ball 3 meters away from the goal and caught it on second try while there were 6 vultures in front of him to score.

FINAL: Antwerp won an away match 2-1 thanks to Beiranvand and the team
    sigpic
    SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
    IRAN
    - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

^ It was a from a poorly defended header from a free kick--nothing Beiro could've done. He did have one fantastic save where he dove to this low right hand side and palmed away a header. It kind of reminded me of Bosnich's save from that famous Ali Daei overhead kick in Azadi in 1997. Good performance overall given that he was a spectator most of this match. He still has this annoying tendency to drop crossed balls and catch them in the second attempt. He definitely needs to fix this.

Comment

He could have a clean sheet. But an unstoppable set piece at 89th minute prevented Beiro’s 4th Belgian League clean sheet despite his fantastic saves
        sigpic
        SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
        IRAN
        - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Why WhoScored gave him 6,6, one of the worst antwerp rate?

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
            ^ It was a from a poorly defended header from a free kick--nothing Beiro could've done. He did have one fantastic save where he dove to this low right hand side and palmed away a header. It kind of reminded me of Bosnich's save from that famous Ali Daei overhead kick in Azadi in 1997. Good performance overall given that he was a spectator most of this match. He still has this annoying tendency to drop crossed balls and catch them in the second attempt. He definitely needs to fix this.
            Dropping the cross balls seems to be a new habit he's developed in Antwerp. I don't recall him doing it this much in PP/TM.

I guess today we can give him the benefit of doubt and assume it's because the ball was slippery due to bad pitch/weather

Comment

That was the case bro. Slippery field and awful muddy ball. If you watch it again in a crowded muddy situation he in fact did the best to kick the ball and then save it on second attempt as there were 5 heads going for the ball pushing and shoving him
              sigpic
              SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
              IRAN
              - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                Why WhoScored gave him 6,6, one of the worst antwerp rate?
                Don’t rely on that a lot bro. Same source gave Ze with his great performance and goal a 6.9 score. Lukaku and another player got less than Beiro who got 6.6. Belgian commentator kept praising Alireza and they showed his massive save many times. Players and coach also thanked and hugged him. He won’t be the man of the match but considering the icy snowy frozen muddy field, he did just enough. Cheers
                sigpic
                SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                IRAN
                - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  Dropping the cross balls seems to be a new habit he's developed in Antwerp. I don't recall him doing it this much in PP/TM.
                  I guess today we can give him the benefit of doubt and assume it's because the ball was slippery due to bad pitch/weather
                  He made the same mistake vs Portugal in 2018 world cup, twice in the first half.

We were lucky it didn't cost us the game within the opening 20 minutes, I believe.

Not sure how often he's done this, but he did do 2 times in the most important match.

Comment

great news to wake up to. Solid game and CS. He is being praised by fans on twitter for his two big saves.

A really big derby win.

no doubt now he keeps place for the upcoming huge games...

Brugge in cup, Liege in league, Rangers in Europa are the next 3. Although not sure if de wolf keeps spot for the cup game or not.

Comment

I had to miss this game. Any highlights?
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Like I said prior to the game....it seems like the club management and new coach supports Beiro so I didn’t believe he would get benched. So far Antwerp management has been good to beiro and with performances like today (basing on comments for today since I didn’t watch) he is reciprocating for their trust.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Anyone watching Liverpool-Man City? If Bairo had made the distribution mistakes that Alisson made for Man City's second and third goal, this whole group would have committed suicide!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                              Anyone watching Liverpool-Man City? If Bairo had made the distribution mistakes that Alisson made for Man City's second and third goal, this whole group would have committed suicide!!!
                              Or de geas mistakes yesterday. Or lenos mistakes the day before. Or Martinez’s mistakes vs west ham.
                              You would have people talking about how they have questioned his fundamentals all along and how they are
                              sure he will be dropped for dewhoeverthefuck for the games vs Brugge liege and rangers.

Beiranvand has built up a long history of good performances in TM and Pp. he has been the most consistent tm player since WCQ along with taremi. He had multiple phenomenal ACL performances.

Half his antwerp games have been his teams best player (incl against tottenham), 3 solid games including today, and 2-3 poor games.

This is after not playing a match for 6 months Bc of covid delay getting to Belgium.

He deserves a bit more faith and respect than what we show him on this board. Every single slip or kick he makes is overanalyzed here like nowhere else, even antwerp forum is way more realistic/fair on his showings than here...

Anyways, eventually cream rises to the top and I think with a few more solid games he will be close to getting back to full form we know he is capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                Or de geas mistakes yesterday. Or lenos mistakes the day before. Or Martinez’s mistakes vs west ham.
                                You would have people talking about how they have questioned his fundamentals all along and how they are
                                sure he will be dropped for dewhoeverthefuck for the games vs Brugge liege and rangers.

Beiranvand has built up a long history of good performances in TM and Pp. he has been the most consistent tm player since WCQ along with taremi. He had multiple phenomenal ACL performances.

Half his antwerp games have been his teams best player (incl against tottenham), 3 solid games including today, and 2-3 poor games.
                                This is after not playing a match for 6 months Bc of covid delay getting to Belgium.

He deserves a bit more faith and respect than what we show him on this board. Every single slip or kick he makes is overanalyzed here like nowhere else, even antwerp forum is way more realistic/fair on his showings than here...

Anyways, eventually cream rises to the top and I think with a few more solid games he will be close to getting back to full form we know he is capable of.
                                From what I've seen most people here are worried about his consistency with Antwerp. One bad game once in a while doesn't make a goalie bad, but when the goalie makes notable errors every 2nd or 3rd game, then there's cause for concern. Even when it seems to be psychological as it is with Beiro's case.

He did good today and took some pressure of him with a Belgian (Youth) international on the bench. Hopefully he can get into a stretch of games without any or little notable errors and cements his position that even when Butez is back, there isn't a discussion about who is the undisputed #1.

Comment

Working...
                                X