This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
    Unlike most people here, I don't base opinions on one-match reactions. Go look at how Abedzadeh has performed this season and compare it to Beiro's. Form matters, especially for a GK.
    Then im sure you are very familiar with the concept of sample size.

It took abedzadeh two years of off/on benchings, drops in form, sootis etc to go on the kind of streak in last 6-12 months we are seeing.

You are saying beiro is down and out after what, 8 games ? 4 of which he was his teams best player, including against tottenham. After what he has shown on TM, really been our most consistent player thru WC qualifying,WC and AC (maybe with taremi), he has built up more credit than 3 bad games for antwerp getting him dropped.

Thankfully our TM matches are not tomorrow. Beiro has months and many games ahead of him to fully stabilize performance as he has been doing in recent weeks. And if he is truly out of form then, and abedz is in top shape, then ofc he should be dropped.

But imagine if Belgium dropped cortouis, Spain dropped De Gea, or even Germany dropped Neuer after there various struggles at different points in the last few years. Goalkeeper spot, especially on a NT is not for chopping and changing every time based on your 4 weeks of club form prior to the game. I am unaware of any national team that is operating with that model.

If you believe in the talent of your #1 (and I hope nobody here is making claim abedz, as much as i like him, is anywhere near beiranvands talent level) then you back him even when he may be in a bit of a tough spot. If he is the GK you think he is he will repay you. If you break with him when he needs your faith, you are risking a very dangerous situation.

Comment

Just seen the both highlights of the goals he conceded. Well he made the same mistakes as he did before. The penalty was exactly the same as previous penalty against Gent . The second goal was similar to the mistake he made against Club Brugge. He obviously has to do better with "ball clearaning", which i think its caused by lack of communication and organisation between beiro and his player. He deffo has foot weakness. Maybe stop using his hand throws and concentrate on his foot.

So i guess I was too quick to judge on my previous post, beiro needs at least 6 more games to get his full form back. By that time he'll be more organised and im sure his confidence will be back .

One thing i'm sure is that he is more reliable than abedadeh in team melli.

Comment

I am really surprised, he played a lot of games for Persepolis and for Team Melli and I barely can remember any mistakes from him. Must be psychological and/or a different style of play at Antwerp requiring him to come out of his goal more often and play more with his foot, that doesn't suit him.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNSB3ZbpXX8

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
            I am really surprised, he played a lot of games for Persepolis and for Team Melli and I barely can remember any mistakes from him. Must be psychological and/or a different style of play at Antwerp requiring him to come out of his goal more often and play more with his foot, that doesn't suit him.
            I think different styles of play definitely has to do with it. Beiro also needs to adjust to the way things are done in Europe in general. He will only improve given time. At the moment he can't even speak English beyond hello how are you.
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

I watched the highlights. IMO, he could have done better in the PK situation. Otherwise, they second goal I dont blame him much for that, it was not a blunder but of course, he has saved more difficult ball.

And on the side note, Antwerps first goal was just a beauty and second one was really tokhmi

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                I watched the highlights. IMO, he could have done better in the PK situation. Otherwise, they second goal I dont blame him much for that, it was not a blunder but of course, he has saved more difficult ball.

And on the side note, Antwerps first goal was just a beauty and second one was really tokhmi
                100% agree with you. On the second goal, gravity allows a goalie to get down only so fast. His positioning was right and he reacted right away but shot was too hard and too close so it went under him before he could get down.

Comment

I read on an Iranian site he was selected among others for their player of January. If someone can find the voting site

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post

on the penalty he came out too fast if he had done the same block 2 feet earlier he would have probably stopped the ball but likely would have conceded as the striker was in a brilliant position. On the second goal it was very hard to stop that shot specially when the defender blocked his view. the defender did not make any real effort to block the shot just did a good job of blocking Beiro's view.
                    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      Then im sure you are very familiar with the concept of sample size.

It took abedzadeh two years of off/on benchings, drops in form, sootis etc to go on the kind of streak in last 6-12 months we are seeing.

You are saying beiro is down and out after what, 8 games ? 4 of which he was his teams best player, including against tottenham. After what he has shown on TM, really been our most consistent player thru WC qualifying,WC and AC (maybe with taremi), he has built up more credit than 3 bad games for antwerp getting him dropped.

Thankfully our TM matches are not tomorrow. Beiro has months and many games ahead of him to fully stabilize performance as he has been doing in recent weeks. And if he is truly out of form then, and abedz is in top shape, then ofc he should be dropped.

But imagine if Belgium dropped cortouis, Spain dropped De Gea, or even Germany dropped Neuer after there various struggles at different points in the last few years. Goalkeeper spot, especially on a NT is not for chopping and changing every time based on your 4 weeks of club form prior to the game. I am unaware of any national team that is operating with that model.

If you believe in the talent of your #1 (and I hope nobody here is making claim abedz, as much as i like him, is anywhere near beiranvands talent level) then you back him even when he may be in a bit of a tough spot. If he is the GK you think he is he will repay you. If you break with him when he needs your faith, you are risking a very dangerous situation.
                      Abedzadeh has started virtually every match this season for a weaker team (weaker defense) in a stronger league, and has been overall outstanding, to the point where Portuguese media is linking him with Sporting, the top team in the league, and his stats are amongst the best GKs in the country.

Regardless of the situation with Leko, ultimately Beiranvand has spent the season on the bench until Butez got hurt last month. He has been outstanding in half of his performances, and also poor in a number of them, which amounts to a sizable portion given the limited number of matches he's played.

Abedzadeh can have a poor performance every ten matches or so, while for Beiro it has been every 2-3 games. Consistency has been his issue.

Nobody is saying Beiro sucks and should be permanently dropped. But this season so far has not been a success story for him, and if that's Leko's fault, then sure, but it has ultimately impacted Beiro as well.

The next TM match is not until March, so if Beiro can turn things around by then and not concede two needless penalties within a few matches plus cut the shot-stopping errors, then he should be in contention. If not, and Abedzadeh's form continues, then he should get the nod. I think we can agree on this.

Comment

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
                        Abedzadeh has started virtually every match this season for a weaker team (weaker defense) in a stronger league, and has been overall outstanding, to the point where Portuguese media is linking him with Sporting, the top team in the league, and his stats are amongst the best GKs in the country.
                        Regardless of the situation with Leko, ultimately Beiranvand has spent the season on the bench until Butez got hurt last month. He has been outstanding in half of his performances, and also poor in a number of them, which amounts to a sizable portion given the limited number of matches he's played.
                        Abedzadeh can have a poor performance every ten matches or so, while for Beiro it has been every 2-3 games. Consistency has been his issue.
                        Nobody is saying Beiro sucks and should be permanently dropped. But this season so far has not been a success story for him, and if that's Leko's fault, then sure, but it has ultimately impacted Beiro as well.
                        The next TM match is not until March, so if Beiro can turn things around by then and not concede two needless penalties within a few matches plus cut the shot-stopping errors, then he should be in contention. If not, and Abedzadeh's form continues, then he should get the nod. I think we can agree on this.
                        agreed. But this is different then what you said earlier that abedzadeh is undisputed number 1. Even if beiro inconsistency continues to march, putting abedzadeh in ahead of him will be VERY MUCH disputed and not a clear cut thing at all.

I personally doubt it does continue to march. And with some high profile EL games on horizon vs Gerrard's rangers a couple good games there and I doubt anybody will be calling for his axing from TM xi.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          agreed. But this is different then what you said earlier that abedzadeh is undisputed number 1. Even if beiro inconsistency continues to march, putting abedzadeh in ahead of him will be VERY MUCH disputed and not a clear cut thing at all.

I personally doubt it does continue to march. And with some high profile EL games on horizon vs Gerrard's rangers a couple good games there and I doubt anybody will be calling for his axing from TM xi.
                          While I agree with you that I don’t think Beiro’s ups and downs will hold up....IF/in the event it does.....then MN is right - abedz should be the #1. Undisputed you could debate if you want the wording doesn’t matter to me Bc I think you gotta play your most inform players in crucial matches. Veterans and leadership are needed of course too but beiro isn’t the only vet in the squad. This is the whole point and blessing of having depth in a squad.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Antwerp loans goalie from Eupen;

Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Beiro is a victim of his own success and hype that he has created. Every game he is on he is the focal point. Every little move he makes we are all watching him. Other goalies only come to light when they make an absolute stark blunder otherwise all the focal point goes to the striker who scored. In Beiro's case no matter how brilliant the striker has done the talk is about how Beiro did not do the right thing or keep a clean sheet. I think there are a few here who favour Abedzadeh and their ruthless bashing and criticism of Beiro is atrocious.
                              نگاه میکنید.
                              sigpic

Comment

Benched for the cup match

https://twitter.com/official_rafc/st...762087936?s=20

Comment

Working...
                                X