AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    And here in their VAR section (around 48:50) - their analyst says its not a penalty.

Is this in Iran??? how are these guys wearing ties ... thats a first!

Comment

^ No they are in London.
      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
        You are the one moving the goalposts. A VAR-detected handball cannot be revoked by the ref. This is why VAR makes a world of difference.
        VAR comes into play only when the VAR referees think there has been a clear error.
        The main referee then reviews and has to make a decision (either yes or no) based on video footage.

I don't believe the rule you're saying is true.

Comment

VAR comes into play only when the VAR referees think there has been a clear error.
          The main referee then reviews and has to make a decision (either yes or no) based on video footage.

I don't believe the rule you're saying is true.
          What I am saying is that once that process you described is started and the frames presented to the referee reveal that, yes indeed, a player's hand touched the ball, there is no way for the referee to not call it. There is no discretion. VAR-detected handballs erase the referee's discretion. He must call it irrespective of whether he thinks the "defending player didn't have enough time to react". This is why VAR makes a world of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by tiesto View Post
            Is this in Iran??? how are these guys wearing ties ... thats a first!
            Plenty of people in Iran wear suits with ties (maybe not government officials though), tattoos used to be forbidden as well and now many footballers and other athletes can show their tattoos on television etc. Before only children of Iranian men were allowed to have the Iranian nationality, now children of Iranian mothers and foreign fathers are also legally regarded as Iranian. Contrary to what some may believe, Iran is not a static country, like all other countries Iran also undergoes changes. Let's not buy into the anti-Iran propaganda that especially Western countries plus Israel and the Saudi's like to spread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
              Plenty of people in Iran wear suits with ties (maybe not government officials though), tattoos used to be forbidden as well and now many footballers and other athletes can show their tattoos on television etc. Before only children of Iranian men were allowed to have the Iranian nationality, now children of Iranian mothers and foreign fathers are also legally regarded as Iranian. Contrary to what some may believe, Iran is not a static country, like all other countries Iran also undergoes changes. Let's not buy into the anti-Iran propaganda that especially Western countries plus Israel and the Saudi's like to spread.
              You need to calm down. Not everyone asking a question about Iran is engaging in "anti-Iran propaganda". You make yourself look like an angry ideologue yourself by constantly repeating these things here.

Comment

You need to calm down. Not everyone asking a question about Iran is engaging in "anti-Iran propaganda". You make yourself look like an angry ideologue yourself by constantly repeating these things here.
                I am very calm, i reckon that you need to work on your comprehension skills. I merely answered his question and added that we should not follow the old anti-Iranian propaganda stories that are often published in certain countries and take these lies as the truth. Instead one can easily do a simple research of his own and his questions will be answered. No "angry ideologue" here. If these silly questions would not be asked (by doing a quick research) then there wouldn't be a need for me to keep answering them.

Comment

What I am saying is that once that process you described is started and the frames presented to the referee reveal that, yes indeed, a player's hand touched the ball, there is no way for the referee to not call it. There is no discretion. VAR-detected handballs erase the referee's discretion. He must call it irrespective of whether he thinks the "defending player didn't have enough time to react". This is why VAR makes a world of difference.
                  Sure, but again, this whole chain started when I said many refs wouldn't consider that one event a handball.

Comment

Sure, but again, this whole chain started when I said many refs wouldn't consider that one event a handball.
                    Right, and this is why VAR is a game changer. If a ref doesn't call a handball (for whatever reason), VAR will make him reconsider and revoke his initial decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                      I am very calm, i reckon that you need to work on your comprehension skills. I merely answered his question and added that we should not follow the old anti-Iranian propaganda stories that are often published in certain countries and take these lies as the truth. Instead one can easily do a simple research of his own and his questions will be answered. No "angry ideologue" here. If these silly questions would not be asked (by doing a quick research) then there wouldn't be a need for me to keep answering them.
                      No, my friend, you did not simply answer a question, you associated it with "anti-Iran propaganda". That's disingenuous.

Comment

This isnt always true. Just as recently as this week in the Manchester United Burnley game VAR detected a possible handball on Harry Maguire in the box.

No penalty was given as it was deemed incidental

Comment

If you gonna give an example then please give an honest example. Without VAR burnley would've got a red card but instead manchester got a yellow card and burnley also got a freekick from a good spot. Manchesters goal was disallowed cuz of VAR. Also the hand was rightfully disallowed. Gary Nevile even appologised after the game. (PS coming a from a united fan)

So that was a very bad example. VAR brought justice to that game.

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                          This isnt always true. Just as recently as this week in the Manchester United Burnley game VAR detected a possible handball on Harry Maguire in the box.

No penalty was given as it was deemed incidental

Comment

Perspolis is right, contact between ball and hand/arm is not automatically deemed a handball. At least not in the EPL as they allowed a degree of subjectivity so that the referee can decide whether the contact falls into the definition of handball. I think Maguire's may not have been clearly visible to have been off his arm but there's countless examples of balls striking defenders' arms and no penalty being awarded even though VAR has instructed referee to view the incident.

It's safe to say VAR is a disgrace in its current guise which has only diminished the game.

Comment

VAR gives ref another opportunity to have a closer view of the incident. I agree sometimes the ref can get away with a 50/50 chance, but when its a 30/70 chance then there is no room for the ref to make a mistake. If he does, then actions will be surely taken against him. Good thing about this is that we are not gonna see horrendous games like chelsea vs barcelona or italy vs south korea

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                              Perspolis is right, contact between ball and hand/arm is not automatically deemed a handball. At least not in the EPL as they allowed a degree of subjectivity so that the referee can decide whether the contact falls into the definition of handball. I think Maguire's may not have been clearly visible to have been off his arm but there's countless examples of balls striking defenders' arms and no penalty being awarded even though VAR has instructed referee to view the incident.

It's safe to say VAR is a disgrace in its current guise which has only diminished the game.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                                If you gonna give an example then please give an honest example. Without VAR burnley would've got a red card but instead manchester got a yellow card and burnley also got a freekick from a good spot. Manchesters goal was disallowed cuz of VAR. Also the hand was rightfully disallowed. Gary Nevile even appologised after the game. (PS coming a from a united fan)
                                So that was a very bad example. VAR brought justice to that game.
                                That was not the example. VAR was used in a different instance during the second half in which Harry Maguire contested a header with one of Burnleys strikers. A quick VAR check was done and deemed no penalty.

An honest example as any, with similarities to the penalty we received vs Portugal. THIS TIME a penalty was not awarded.

You are talking about a different incident when referring to Manchester United'a disallowed goal in the first half.
                                Last edited by perspolis#1; 01-14-2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X