No announcement yet.

AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No the ref wanted to get a draw out of this game. This is what I was sensing. It was minute 10 and SS would've been up by 2 goals . It would've change the whole game.

Anyways I'm happy with the result cuz now Sanat naft is on top . We are gonna win the league this season if they don't mess it up by their SS/PP favorism. They have already hurt us by some serious bad reffing mistakes.

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    It was a clear penalty IMO and one that AFC would definitely call against PP if that happened in ACL

However, I think the ref ended up playing it fair because Esteghlal could've gotten a red card for stopping the counter attack as the last man on defense but the ref only gave the player a yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      What minute was this?
      I'm not sure every ref would call this as the distance is so little that it would give very little time for a player to react either way.
      Yeah, that's why VAR exists, which does not exist in Iran, which is the point people have been making here.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        I think it was around 10 minute or so... The ref wanted to get a draw out of this game. Cuz he also didn't give red card to SS player (gholami) . These kind of stupid mistakes happens a lot in IPL the refs don't wanna see them when its for SS or PP. I have seen 1000 of them , i've just started to point them out .

there is something called VAR its used in almost most important competitions.
        VAR allows you to slow things down and look at things frame by frame. You also need to take into account the speed of the event as it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
          Yeah, that's why VAR exists, which does not exist in Iran, which is the point people have been making here.
          I'm saying even with VAR, an even like this is still subject to referee discretion. He may think the defending player didn't have enough time to react either way and not call anything.

There is a reason so many people are turning against VAR.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
            It was a clear penalty IMO and one that AFC would definitely call against PP if that happened in ACL

However, I think the ref ended up playing it fair because Esteghlal could've gotten a red card for stopping the counter attack as the last man on defense but the ref only gave the player a yellow.
            That wasnt a red card. The distance from the goal was basically half the pitch. Havent seen a RC for such a foul in a long time.

The handball call again questionable. His hands are not in an unnatural position, at all, distance very short.

Comment

I'm saying even with VAR, an even like this is still subject to referee discretion. He may think the defending player didn't have enough time to react either way and not call anything.

There is a reason so many people are turning against VAR.
              That is not true. If it's a handball and detected by VAR, the ref will call it. There is no discretion if rules are followed. Best case for this is the handball that led to Ansarifard's penalty against Portugal.

Comment

That is not true. If it's a handball and detected by VAR, the ref will call it. There is no discretion if rules are followed. Best case for this is the handball that led to Ansarifard's penalty against Portugal.
                Not at all. The ref is sometimes called over to review and he may say its not 100% clear and say no penalty.

Comment

Not at all. The ref is sometimes called over to review and he may say its not 100% clear and say no penalty.
                  You are changing subjects now. The question was whether refs have discretion in VAR-detected handballs (they do not). What you are saying now refers to cases in which no clear handball can be detected, even with VAR. That's a different animal.

Comment

You are changing subjects now. The question was whether refs have discretion in VAR-detected handballs (they do not). What you are saying now refers to cases in which no clear handball can be detected, even with VAR. That's a different animal.
                    How am I changing subjects? You're moving the goalposts. I'm saying alot of refs wouldn't call that a hand ball, end of story.

Comment

And here in their VAR section (around 48:50) - their analyst says its not a penalty.

Last edited by Nokhodi; 01-12-2021, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Guess I have to agree with him . So gholami should've been red carded which he wasn't. Again one of the tehrani teams have been favored. Still doesn;t change the fact that VAR is needed and These IPL DF/MF players should not be in TM.

And here in their VAR section (around 48:50) - their analyst says its not e pe

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                          Guess I have to agree with him . So gholami should've been red carded which he wasn't. Again one of the tehrani teams have been favored. Still doesn't change the fact that VAR is needed and These IPL DF/MF players should not be in TM.
                          I would say the ref was decent. For the p.K the argument that it was ball to hand is valid and regarding Gholami yellow, given that it was almost at half field a yellow card sufficed. I agree with you though on VAR. Just to keep fans from whining it is worth using it.

Comment

How am I changing subjects? You're moving the goalposts. I'm saying alot of refs wouldn't call that a hand ball, end of story.
                            You are the one moving the goalposts. A VAR-detected handball cannot be revoked by the ref. This is why VAR makes a world of difference.

Comment

Why are we discussing Tehran Derby in ACL thread?

Comment

^ some Esteghlalis are too shy so they are hiding here. J/K
                                __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                                We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                                X