AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
    How would you know who is a member of the diaspora and who is not? You are introducing made-up fault lines to the debate. Your arguments are weak.
    And not to mention he already admitted he himself is part of the diaspora and believed foreign women were better than Iranian ones.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      And not to mention he already admitted he himself is part of the diaspora and believed foreign women were better than Iranian ones.
      He seems to be very confused indeed.

Comment

How would you know who is a member of the diaspora and who is not? You are introducing made-up fault lines to the debate. Your arguments are weak.
        It is not really rocket science. From the interactions that i have had with Iranian diaspora members it is my conclusion that many of them (not all) have this misplaced arrogance or condescending manner when speaking about things that are related to Iran. In this thread it started with the user "The" who claimed that Omid Alishah made that handball foul in his own penalty area because he gets away with it in the Iranian football league, in other words these handball fouls and (getting away with them) is the norm in Iranian football, which is a ridiculous (and false) statement and a good example of the condescending attitude towards in this case Iranian football. If you have trouble understanding my observation or disagree with my opinion then so be it. But this attitude amongst the Iranian diaspora is common knowledge, i'm suprised that this is the first you've heard about it and call it "made up fault lines" and weak arguments lol.

Comment

I'm not a part of the diaspora as i'm not permanently based abroad and i only have the Iranian nationality, two important criteria for being included as a member of the diaspora. Also, i've never said that foreign women were better than Iranian ones. To me everyone is equal and it is their actions that matter.

Comment

He seems to be very confused indeed.
            Oh i am not the one who is confused here, rather you seem to be the one who does not understand the topic that is bring discussed here.

Two things that i want to address again in this thread are: AFC is corrupt and VAR can be used as a tool to cause disadvantage against Iranian clubs as we saw in the Champions League final. Handball fouls in penalty areas and getting away with them are not the norm in Iranian football.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
              I'm not a part of the diaspora as i'm not permanently based abroad and i only have the Iranian nationality, two important criteria for being included as a member of the diaspora. Also, i've never said that foreign women were better than Iranian ones. To me everyone is equal and it is their actions that matter.
              You very clearly told me that you have to question what kind of an Iranian one is when they choose a non Iranian. You even thanked my post when I reitterated your opinion. Do you always choose Iranians? If not we should question what kind of Iranian living abroad has made you. Some might even argue that you are of no use to Iran and that you should be considered like all the other foreigners.

What an Iranian he is, not willing to even sign or try to sign Azmoun or Taremi or Jahanbakhsh after his good spell at AZ back in 2018.
              You are questioning what kind of Iranian he is simply because he didn't chose an Iranian for his club?
              Yes that is what i am doing. He could've brought top Iranian players such as Azmoun, Taremi, Jahanbakhsh, Ghoddos or Gholizadeh ro his club with all of his influence, but he didn't.

Just compare him to the Iranian owner of Charleroi who has brought so many Iranian players to his club, and what a great service he did to Iranian football. While this guy does not even want to bring the best Iranian footballer to his club.

He is of no use to Iranian football and as far as i'm concerned he is like all the other foreign club owners.

I'm even wondering why he has his own thread? If you ask me he does not deserve to be the subject of a thread on this great forum.
              I suppose you do have a point of someone not picking an Iranian reflecting on how (un)Iranian they should be considered.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

^^ Is this what they call a BURN?
                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

It is not really rocket science. From the interactions that i have had with Iranian diaspora members it is my conclusion that many of them (not all) have this misplaced arrogance or condescending manner when speaking about things that are related to Iran. In this thread it started with the user "The" who claimed that Omid Alishah made that handball foul in his own penalty area because he gets away with it in the Iranian football league, in other words these handball fouls and (getting away with them) is the norm in Iranian football, which is a ridiculous (and false) statement and a good example of the condescending attitude towards in this case Iranian football. If you have trouble understanding my observation or disagree with my opinion then so be it. But this attitude amongst the Iranian diaspora is common knowledge, i'm suprised that this is the first you've heard about it and call it "made up fault lines" and weak arguments lol.
                  Your post reinforces my initial impression about how confused you are. I am very familiar with the diaspora argument of yours. In fact, the reason I am questioning your posts is the unfortunate level of familiarity I have with it.

Your reasoning is tautological, because to you, pointing to bad habits in Iranian football is evidence for your argument that the Iranian diaspora is arrogant. "Why do people point to bad habits in Iranian football? Because they are condescending members of the Iranian diaspora! How do we know they are members of the condescending Iranian diaspora? Because they point to bad habits in Iranian football!" Textbook example of circular reasoning. This is troubling.

In your framing, it is conceptually impossible for members of the Iranian diaspora to point to bad habits in Iranian football without being condescending, because, in your mind, the criticism itself is inseparable from their condescending attitude. This is troubling and, to make matters worse, evidence of poor logical capabilities. You are unable to differentiate that which you observe (criticism of bad habits in Iranian football) from your thesis about why that is (i.e. condescending attitudes). It's not even possible to argue with you, which is sad.

Comment

Your post reinforces my initial impression about how confused you are. I am very familiar with the diaspora argument of yours. In fact, the reason I am questioning your posts is the unfortunate level of familiarity I have with it.
                    Your reasoning is tautological, because to you, pointing to bad habits in Iranian football is evidence for your argument that the Iranian diaspora is arrogant. "Why do people point to bad habits in Iranian football? Because they are condescending members of the Iranian diaspora! How do we know they are members of the condescending Iranian diaspora? Because they point to bad habits in Iranian football!" Textbook example of circular reasoning. This is troubling.
                    In your framing, it is conceptually impossible for members of the Iranian diaspora to point to bad habits in Iranian football without being condescending, because, in your mind, the criticism itself is inseparable from their condescending attitude. This is troubling and, to make matters worse, evidence of poor logical capabilities. You are unable to differentiate that which you observe (criticism of bad habits in Iranian football) from your thesis about why that is (i.e. condescending attitudes). It's not even possible to argue with you, which is sad.
                    It is one thing to point to bad habits in Iranian football or be critical of certain things regarding her football institutions. But it is another thing to systematically bash Iranian football as if it is some backwarded amateur and corrupt activity going on there. This is where the diasporic arrogance comes into play. I've asked repeatedly if there are clips that show that PP and SS systematically get away with handball fouls in their own penalty area, as claimed by some here, two or three clips would be enough. Milad shows some vague pictures of hand fouls, well you can show pictures of hand fouls in any league but it doesn't say anything about the topic being discussed. Footages are important otherwise it is yet another case of made up stories (bashing) due to a misplaced sense of arrogance. Which in all honesty is the case here (as so often). Regarding your ad hominem, it is beneath my level so i'm not even going to respond to your gibberish.

Comment

It is one thing to point to bad habits in Iranian football or be critical of certain things regarding her football institutions. But it is another thing to systematically bash Iranian football as if it is some backwarded amateur and corrupt activity going on there. This is where the diasporic arrogance comes into play. I've asked repeatedly if there are clips that show that PP and SS systematically get away with handball fouls in their own penalty area, as claimed by some here, two or three clips would be enough. Milad shows some vague pictures of hand fouls, well you can show pictures of hand fouls in any league but it doesn't say anything about the topic being discussed. Footages are important otherwise it is yet another case of made up stories (bashing) due to a misplaced sense of arrogance. Which in all honesty is the case here (as so often). Regarding your ad hominem, it is beneath my level so i'm not even going to respond to your gibberish.
                      Which part of my posts were ad hominem? I am discussing the logic of your argument, or rather its lack thereof, on the basis of its merits. It's not personal.

Comment

I am glad this is over.

Comment

Another stupid handball! The ref didn't want to see. Guess what would've happen if it was in acl ?? KEEP THESE IPL PLAYERS AWAY FROM TM! end off

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                            Another stupid handball! The ref didn't want to see. Guess what would've happen if it was in acl ?? KEEP THESE IPL PLAYERS AWAY FROM TM! end off
                            What minute was this?
                            I'm not sure every ref would call this as the distance is so little that it would give very little time for a player to react either way.

Comment

It was a clear penalty IMO and one that AFC would definitely call against PP if that happened in ACL

However, I think the ref ended up playing it fair because Esteghlal could've gotten a red card for stopping the counter attack as the last man on defense but the ref only gave the player a yellow.

Comment

I think it was around 10 minute or so... The ref wanted to get a draw out of this game. Cuz he also didn't give red card to SS player (gholami) . These kind of stupid mistakes happens a lot in IPL the refs don't wanna see them when its for SS or PP. I have seen 1000 of them , i've just started to point them out .
                                'm not sure every ref would call this as the distance
                                there is something called VAR its used in almost most important competitions.
                                Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                What minute was this?
                                I'm not sure every ref would call this as the distance is so little that it would give very little time for a player to react either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X