No announcement yet.

AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Agreed. Yahyah has been the brightest spot of this campaign and is our hope for future of both Perspolis and TM. He is solid in all areas. Coaching, continouos learning, maturity and strength of character, authenticity (not pretense), English skills, ability to motivate the team to fight till the last minute, etc.

Go Perspolis!
    همه جا پرسپولیس

Comment

Ref issues aside, the hand ball by Shiri was a total disaster. It wasn’t even subtle (like the hand of god or Henry’s handball). We KNOW AFC is looking for any ways to take these wins away from Iran, so why give them a chance? So many unforced errors in ACL, WCQ, AFC Championships...it’s in our football DNA. Our players need a sports psychologist consistently throughout their careers.

Comment

We literally gifted this game to the opponent. We took charge after 20 minutes, it was as if when their shot hit the post our players woke up. Two stupid penalties to give away, the first one was bad, but the second one was one of the most ridiculous handballs I have ever seen. This loss hurts the most, since the loss to japan when our players stopped playing in the middle of the game ... still the stupidest thing in recent years within our football.
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

At this point of my life and having been a member here since 1997 , there is only one thing that I can say ,
          just like the Japan game a year ago , WE MUST WORK ON OUR MENTAL toughness because our players simply lack
          big game mental readiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
            Even if the federation is against us, can you blame them? What does the IR provide for the federation? The amount of money that the PERSIANGulf states and East Asian teams pump into the federation, they have to support them.

WARNED FOR INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE
            Its called PERSIAN Gulf

Second time in this thread!
            Next violator will be banned!
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Not to belabor the point, but this image should be shown to every IPL/TM player before any AFC matches as an example of what NOT to do.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                Not to belabor the point, but this image should be shown to every IPL/TM player before any AFC matches as an example of what NOT to do.

Do belabor the point! That picture should be in every dressing room. And the hallways and the tunnels ! The very image of idiocy!

Comment

As with the Japan game nearly 2 years ago, we lost to ourselves and not the opponent.

First penalty given was very clumsy and really killed our momentum. The second penalty was just an outright embarrassment. How can a professional player jump up with his hand so high in the air in the penalty box is mind boggling. As been said, our players have a serious mental problem which is planted deep deep in our system.
                  This mental issue causes the players to self destruct at crucial times.It happened in AC and it happened again yesterday.

And it will continue happening unless its killed at the root.

Comment

I didn’t watch the full game, but judging by the results, and how the goals were scored, it seems like we gave the game away.

It’s extremely unfortunate since it’s no easy task getting to the final. All that hard-work then...giving it away like that.

Our lack of mental focus is a direction reflection of being too emotional. Having heart, gheyrat, passion, is a wonderful thing, but it must be harnessed with composure.

I hope we invest more into our inner game next time.

Comment

Give him a break. Mistakes happen and yeah it sucks, but i'm sure Golmohammadi remembers the mistakes he made as a CB and understands. We should all be more patient with our boys, it's not easy.

Comment

I have a theory about the handball.

I think Shiri did this because it's something he might have got away with in PGPL. Either because poor refereeing standards or corruption favouring the likes of PP and SS, he and other long-term domestic players might be used to taking risks like this.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

I think Shiri did this because it's something he might have got away with in PGPL. Either because poor refereeing standards or corruption favouring the likes of PP and SS, he and other long-term domestic players might be used to taking risks like this.
                          That's what I was thinking too. Especially because we don't use VAR and because it's "kharr ro kharr" with how they officiate matches. We have some of the best referees in Iran but even they can do so much. When you see our professional referees call a match in the Asian Cup, then fly back to Iran to call a Hazfi Cup match between a DIII team vs Lige Bartar team, where the field is muddy and they're slipping on their behinds lol. Players are smart too, they look at the refs and are sneaky.

I'm a Persepolis fan and I admit on some situations our players have make bad mistakes that could've cost us. And by bad I mean very BAD. Penalty, red card call.. That kind of bad. So I totally see your theory.

Comment

Hahahaha can you believe this guy? Yes he gets away with handballs like this every week in that corrupt PGPL. Perspolis and Esteghlal even play handball in their own penalty area and get away with it, so Shiri thought why not try it in the final of ACL, the Asian Football Confederation must be as corrupt as IFF!

By the way, Esteghlal hasn't won the League in 7 years, and over the past 20 years many different clubs have won the PGPL. Keep working on your interesting "theories" though.

Comment

Exactly bro! One of the reasons they don't wanna bring VAR in PGPL. Hopefully fifa will eventually force it and they have to bring it for next season.

The amount of corupted refereeing in IPL makes me so mad. Specially against weaker teams.

Comment

I’ve been watching Iranian football for over 20 years now and no one has ever gotten away with such a stupid handball.

Comment

Working...
                                X