AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
    Are you approving corruption now? So we should give money to that corrupt AFC in order for them to give us trophies? Ever heard of fair play and sportsmanship?
    Money talks brother.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
      It is VERY VERY VERY frustrating for me and many other Iranians.
      You are the second person today who has used the wrong term for the Persian Gulf.
      Iranians should never say the Gulf States. Never.
      Those who have no knowledge of history use this or similar wrong names.
      For goodness sake, learn to use the Persian Gulf states. or Persian Gulf Arab states. Fifty years Persian Gulf which has been used for 2500 years started to change by some Arabs. At that time, many Arab states did not exist.
      It is very frustrating to lose, now we have to deal with people who have no knowledge of our language and history. Very frustrating for me who have worked to preserve the name of Persian Gulf for over 40 years.
      www.persiangulfonline.org
      Relax! We all know its the Persian Gulf. No need for me to spell it out everytime on a Persian forum. If this was YouTube, I would understand.
      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Goals

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
          You are the second person to make this mistake today.
          Our language in English is called Persian.

Farsi food? Farsi gulf? Farsi cats or rugs?
          Okay, language, Farsi literature?
          No.
          Persian food, Persian Gulf, and Persian rugs.
          Please pay attention in the future. Thanks.
          Those of us who don’t celebrate the Arab invasion of Persia call it Parsi.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
            Those of us who don’t celebrate the Arab invasion of Persia call it Parsi.
            Good. THANKS for your attention. I am happy with your care and understanding.
            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
              Are you approving corruption now? So we should give money to that corrupt AFC in order for them to give us trophies? Ever heard of fair play and sportsmanship?
              I agree with you that we get screwed over heavily.

However in many institutions sometimes its exactly about how much influence one has. This applies to Iran on the world stage as well and why we get screwed by sanctions etc also.

Lobbying is not corruption per say, and as Iranians we should make sure our INTERESTS are protected

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                KC is an SS fan, looking at the messages of many SS fans on the youtube chats, they were supporting Ulsan.
                My logic even if you are an SS fan, the trickle down of PP winning is good for iranian football in general.
                Are you talking about me?

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I’m starting to think that Team Melli or Iranian clubs will never win continental championships under this regime. This was the year they should’ve won it against a fairly weak Asian team. I think Al Hilal, Al Saad would’ve easily destroyed this Ulsan team who was lucky to even be in the final. But I said that first penalty would come back to haunt Perspolis and it sure did. With how much turnover they’ve had, I don’t expect them to be in the finals again at least for another 5 years but we’ll see.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                    I’m starting to think that Team Melli or Iranian clubs will never win continental championships under this regime. This was the year they should’ve won it against a fairly weak Asian team. I think Al Hilal, Al Saad would’ve easily destroyed this Ulsan team who was lucky to even be in the final. But I said that first penalty would come back to haunt Perspolis and it sure did. With how much turnover they’ve had, I don’t expect them to be in the finals again at least for another 5 years but we’ll see.
                    We've done it already:

1990 Asian Games by TM
                    1991 Asian Championship by Esteghlal
                    1991 Asian Cup Winners Cup by Persepolis
                    1993 Asian Championship by Pas
                    1998 Asian Games by TM
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      We've done it already:

1990 Asian Games by TM
                      1991 Asian Championship by Esteghlal
                      1991 Asian Cup Winners Cup by Persepolis
                      1993 Asian Championship by Pas
                      1998 Asian Games by TM
                      All of those over 20 years ago. The country is broke now and the federation and clubs have barely any money to pump into their teams meanwhile all these Arab teams have unlimited resources. I hate to say it but I just don’t see it happening anytime soon.

Comment

As I've been saying for many years. Iranian teams can't never win ACL due to the Timing of ACL. One iranian team goes far then It comes the Transfer season and they end up losing their key players. This game was missing Shoja, Ale kasir , etc..

Unless AFC change their timetable dates or Iranian clubs change their transfer season dates, we will never win this up. Done!

Zob ahan and Sepahan Have also suffered from this in the past. I remember sepahan had the best asian squad, but in transfer season they lost most of their key players and end up losing the final.

Regardless of that I think PP played really well I was expecting to see 3-4 goals margine. But they lost to a narrow 2-1, which is applaudable if you ask me.

I honestly hope they bring VAR in our league. Most teams get beheaded by the refs against Paytakht teams specially PP.

Comment

All of those over 20 years ago. The country is broke now and the federation and clubs have barely any money to pump into their teams meanwhile all these Arab teams have unlimited resources. I hate to say it but I just don’t see it happening anytime soon.
                          Yes it has been 20 years but you said "under this regime".

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                            Which one of these losses hurt the most for you in the last 13 years?

Sepahan 2007 ACL
                            Zob Ahan 2010 ACL
                            Persepolis 2018 ACL
                            Persepolis 2020 ACL

?
                            By far this one. This is the one that easily could have and should have been won. Giving up 2 easy penalties for the ref to call was a disaster and mental error by the players especially at the times they were given. Which is exactly why the comments blaming the ref (even though he did rob us of a PK) being the reason we lost make me sick and are exactly what’s wrong and why we can’t win.....bc the same things will repeat itself over and over again. If we don’t make those silly mistakes then you’re not even allowing yourself to be in a position for the ref to screw us and we have to know in AFC competitions that will always be the case.

Anyhow, I’m proud this team with all the limitations and squad changes they’ve gone through was able to make it this far, ppl are forgetting how remarkable it is that we got to this point. Yahya is a real gem and there’s a lot of young talent with him and this team to build off of going forward and I hope this experience is only going to make them stronger for the future.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I had to take a break after being very upset watching another defeat in the ACL finals. I am proud of Perspolis players and coaching staff. They came even closer than two years ago to brining the cup home. They did this with the least support from the corrupt management and IR mostly show of support. If the federation was really worried, they should have intervened with full force to at least reduce Aleh-Kasir's ban so that he could play. Minister of sports should have intervened to make sure Perspolis did not loose Shoaja Khalilzad a key member of defense with scoring ability after they qualified for the final. Ministry is the one who makes decisions about who runs Perspolis management and I hold them responsible. Of course, AFC has a significant anti-Iranian bias yet it is the responsibility of people in power in IR and the federation to support a team like Persopolis with tremendous potential especially when they refuse to privatize the team. In addition to major infrastructure and youth development, the federation should train all coaches and players on cultural/political awareness so that we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid celebrations that have racist connotations regardless of the intention. Well, there is always next year.

Go Perspolis!
                              همه جا پرسپولیس

Comment

Its hard to be too dissapointed. Just to get to the final they beat Xavis al sadd and al nassr, deservedly too. Both stronger teams than Ulsan for sure.

Unfortunately as usual a couple horrible brain farts destroyed what looked like a potentially comfortable win.

This AC for me has been intriguing not really bc of the success of PP, but more so to see the progress and abilities of yahya. He seems to be a strong coach in every single category (technical, tactical, mental, emotional). He will be the next TM coach, and he deserves it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X