Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iraq's Younis Mahmoud Says He’s A Persepolis Fan in 2020 ACL Final

https://www.goal.com/en/news/younis-...p1dgf512bqo8eh

Q: In your glittering AFC Asian Cup career, you have saved your best against derby rivals Iran scoring against them in Qatar in 2011 and in Australia in 2015. Are you looking forward to seeing Iranian giant Perspolis in the final of the 2020 AFC Champions League?

A: Indeed I am looking forward to watching Perspolis in the Final.
    Perspolis have a strong squad and they played very well and deserved to reach the final. They also have an Iraqi national team player in their ranks – Bashar Resan.
    I am sure that a lot of Iraqis will watch the final to see our national team player in action in the biggest game of Asian club football.
    I will also watch the final. I would like to say this to whoever is the team from the east which qualifies for the final – excuse me, I will be supporting your opponents on 19 December.

Comment

Former coach Gabriel Calderon also supporting Persepolis in the final

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
        Iran is much more than its government and Perspolis is much more than its management. Regardless of my very harsh opinions about the IR government and Perspolis management, I love the country and the club. I can never bring myself to calling Iran a sh***ty place regardless of who runs it.

Go TM!
        Go Perspolis!
        همه جا پرسپولیس
        Exactly, i find it offensive that anyone would call Iran a "shitty country", but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just disagree, Iran is one of the most beautiful countries in the world with amazing culture and warm welcoming people. Whenever i'm far away from home, i get really homesick like now (i haven't been to my hometown since March). Anyway enough with this political nonsense, Perspolis is one of the biggest Iranian clubs and let's hope that for the sake of Iranian football (not just the club and her fans) we win the Asian Champions League!

Vamos Perspolis!!

Comment

Iran football has not won any championship in decades. To be exact last time an Iranian team won Asian championship was 27 years ago. And our TM ham ke dige don't even get me started with (1991 Asian games was our last title win)

Having said all that, I still believe in tomorrow's match we're the underdogs for sure. But with some good luck and gheyrat we certainly can bag the win and bring home the trophy. No matter what the outcome may be, we should be proud of our team to have reached the final. I mean look at the squad of all the last 4 teams we have played and will play tomorrow, Our entire budget and spendings is not even a small fraction of any of these teams. So folks, chins up and be proud of our boys for what they have already achieved.

I love you unconditionally Perspolis!!!!

Comment

Ferdosipour to commentate live via AFC instagram page. Damesh garm. Love and sooooooo miss this gentleman!

https://www.bbc.com/persian/sport-55372561

Comment

Ma Mijangim, Vamos a Luchar, Vi ska Kämpa, Nous allons nous battre, Wir werden kämpfen, سوف نحارب....We will fight.......

and..... We will win:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI8bo8Bn0wf/
              __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

We will win!! Let’s go Persepolis!!!!!

Comment

There was an old school song from Iran I remember as a kid (had it on tape) that I loved, even before I loved football. I don't recall the singer or the song title, but it went something like:
                  "Perspolise khasteh, hanooz as pah naneshasteh"...and I think it even named the players' names.
                  Does anyone remember it, or have a link to it?
                  It would be great to listen to again prior to the game!

Edit: found it! This is the anthem! Listen before the game for a pump up! They lyrics are gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CP5GDwCIoE

Comment

I have not posted for at least three years on this sport site. There were some disagreements that made me to stop posting.

I am passionate as many of you about Saturday’s game and nervous. However, I am a realist.

I started an effort to sue AFC because of banning Al-Kasir. If I had money, I would hire a good sport lawyer and sue AFC. Good lawyers would have found reason(s) to return the ban. I wrote to many fans, no one offered a penny.
                    People who back up their words with money stand to win. We need money to hire a good sport lawyer for future events against Team-e Melli and Iranian sports in general.

Mismanagement caused a Persepolis player to leave for Qatar. One is injured (Amiri), and Al-Kasir is banned which I blame the Persepolis’s coaching team not to stop Al-Kasir’s gesture in three back to back games. In his last gesture, AFC banned him which in my opinion AFC was wrong.

Ulsan has won nine games in a row. Its bench has many good players whereas Persepolis has few players in its bench.

There are lessons to be learned, (1) do not antagonize members who have cared for Iran and its heritage, (2) always have a good lawyer or funds to hire a good lawyer.

Cheering is not enough. How many Persepolis fans are there? Some estimates show more than 30 million worldwide, among them a few lawyers. I wrote to some of them, but they did not reply. Through this site, I sent private messages to one of them he did not bother to reply.

The difference between win and loss is two million dollars. Persepolis needs all the four million dollars instead of two million dollars. Lose 2million , win 4 million.

I will be watching and cheering for Persepolis while knowing the limitations.
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      There was an old school song from Iran I remember as a kid (had it on tape) that I loved, even before I loved football. I don't recall the singer or the song title, but it went something like:
                      "Perspolise khasteh, hanooz as pah naneshasteh"...and I think it even named the players' names.

Edit: found it! This is the anthem! Listen before the game for a pump up! They lyrics are gold!

yes, this is exactly how they feel, but we are Iranians and always have tricks up our sleeves, so I hope the Gods of football would let us win.

Comment

Here's another version with video of the games and Farzin singing. What a voice!

"Ey farzandaneh Iran, Jaavid, Jaavid, nametan"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39J-R7-8lb8

Comment

I am ready for the game

[ATTACH]18866[/ATTACH]
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

Yeah the late farzin. This is pretty much Perspolis' football anthem.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZselUqzHso

Comment

Since the game is at 4am and I don’t want to get up is there a website to watch a full game again without score spoiler?

Comment

Working...
                                X