Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Queiroz: In retrospect, how do you assess his reign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you jenab aghayeh Hosseini for sharing this thread

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...-in-His-Career

Also worth highlighting the psychological aspects to the game:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ncan&p=2609598

I hope whoever manages our team in Qatar learns from the giants of the past.

Comment

Is there anyone here who is skilled at creating online polls?

30th August is too far away....

The online poll linked from PGS/ZAL, IFP and iranfootball.com back in 1997 managed to get Ali Daei back into TM - surely 25 years later the same thing can happen...

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        Is there anyone here who is skilled at creating online polls?
        30th August is too far away....
        The online poll linked from PGS/ZAL, IFP and iranfootball.com back in 1997 managed to get Ali Daei back into TM - surely 25 years later the same thing can happen...
        New poll to bring Daei back?
        Guess "dino" fits much better now 😁

Ronaldo will lose his record back to daei after 18 goals in friendly vs Maldives and Guam pree WC
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
          New poll to bring Daei back? Guess "dino" fits much better now 😁

Ronaldo will lose his record back to daei after 8 goals in friendly vs Maldives and Guam pree WC
          I am happy for a new poll to bring Daei back for a few friendlies before the world cup against Guam/American Samoa etc... (not Maldives though as they are much stronger than they were when we beat them 17-0, i think they drew with South Korea just a couple of years later....)

It would hardly reduce our preparations more than what they are at the moment...

Comment

I am happy for a new poll to bring Daei back for a few friendlies before the world cup against Guam/American Samoa etc... (not Maldives though as they are much stronger than they were when we beat them 17-0, i think they drew with South Korea just a couple of years later....)

It would hardly reduce our preparations more than what they are at the moment...
            Plz make one for ak8, kaabi and pooladi aswell.

Jokes aside poll for cq is a good idea
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Differences between Queiroz era and now from a TM player (anonymous)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgOuRruozrr/

Queiroz era:

"We didn't see 12 o'clock in the national team camp before (Queiroz time). One of the reasons was that the coaches insisted that we should be at the breakfast table at 9 o'clock. As a player, I had to sleep early. The plan for tomorrow was clear. We had an analysis class. We had practice. We used to go to the weight room. We worked under the supervision of a physiotherapist. We had a massage. We went to the swimming pool and... in short, our schedule was full.

Skocic era:

During Skocic's era, it is not like this. We usually only practice in camp. That's why we have free time and more time. From the day Skocic said that breakfast is optional and the players can skip breakfast if they want, the mafia story started. I have a question for you. Isn't breakfast the most important meal of the day? Is it possible for a player in the national team of Spain, Germany and England not to eat breakfast? By the way, they always put the most nutritious foods for breakfast.

In short, after Skocic's announcement, most of the players realized that they can stay awake more at night, because there is no news until noon and they can sleep. This was the form we mostly saw at the coaches' lunch table. When breakfast became optional, we would get together with most of the kids at night to play mafia. Usually, we used to make two groups for the game and gather in the room of two of the players. The game often lasts until 4 in the morning. Then we slept until noon.

When we woke up, we went for lunch. Unconsciously, we were physically tired because we missed the main time of sleep. Of course, I should say that it would have been better if we all slept early, but sometimes in difficult camp conditions, the players like to be together more and have fun. The weather in Qatar was not favorable at all."

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh
                Thx i saw it was in the post now lol, sry looong day i deleted my post
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

"We didn't see 12 o'clock in the national team camp before (Queiroz time). One of the reasons was that the coaches insisted that we should be at the breakfast table at 9 o'clock. As a player, I had to sleep early. The plan for tomorrow was clear. We had an analysis class. We had practice. We used to go to the weight room. We worked under the supervision of a physiotherapist. We had a massage. We went to the swimming pool and... in short, our schedule was full.
                  During Skocic's era, it is not like this. We usually only practice in camp. That's why we have free time and more time. From the day Skocic said that breakfast is optional and the players can skip breakfast if they want, the mafia story started. I have a question for you. Isn't breakfast the most important meal of the day? Is it possible for a player in the national team of Spain, Germany and England not to eat breakfast? By the way, they always put the most nutritious foods for breakfast.
                  In short, after Skocic's announcement, most of the players realized that they can stay awake more at night, because there is no news until noon and they can sleep. This was the form we mostly saw at the coaches' lunch table. When breakfast became optional, we would get together with most of the kids at night to play mafia. Usually, we used to make two groups for the game and gather in the room of two of the players. The game often lasts until 4 in the morning. Then we slept until noon. When we woke up, we went for lunch. Unconsciously, we were physically tired because we missed the main time of sleep. Of course, I should say that it would have been better if we all slept early, but sometimes in difficult camp conditions, the players like to be together more and have fun. The weather in Qatar was not favorable at all."
                  Complete contrast to what allegedly happened in the Qatar camp with Skocic - players were not even required to show up for breakfast. It was optional and a lot of the players were sleeping till 12 due to late night gaming and chilling.
                  "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Very interesting since research has shown that breakfast is not an important meal and does not assist in weight loss and fitness.

https://www.sbs.com.au/food/article/...-day-new-study

Lots or cutting edge research in this area.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._team_managers

Does anyone know why this post trumps all other posts about CQ?

Comment

Queiroz era:

Skocic era:

In short, after Skocic's announcement, most of the players realized that they can stay awake more at night, because there is no news until noon and they can sleep. This was the form we mostly saw at the coaches' lunch table. When breakfast became optional, we would get together with most of the kids at night to play mafia. Usually, we used to make two groups for the game and gather in the room of two of the players. The game often lasts until 4 in the morning. Then we slept until noon.

When we woke up, we went for lunch. Unconsciously, we were physically tired because we missed the main time of sleep. Of course, I should say that it would have been better if we all slept early, but sometimes in difficult camp conditions, the players like to be together more and have fun. The weather in Qatar was not favorable at all."
                          A- This is hearsay from a known football gossip site. I can quote anonymous sources that claim Taj is a secret agent from Mars. Does not make it so!

B- Playing in Qatar has downsides, such as not being able to play in normal hours. This is the reality of Iranian football. A broke federation in a broke country under the most inhuman sanctions, not being able to pay or receive funds. Add a foreign news media who constantly berates the country its culture, its football and its people. Thus you get scheduling anything a crap shoot!

c- LOL at the breakfast comment. I guess he is a TM player and a nutritionist at the same time. There is no data to conclusively argue this one way or the other! Just that sentence thrown in should make the whole article suspect.
                          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Carlos Queiroz in female form:

I saw the final of the womens Euro yesterday and still buzzing.

This "overpaid foreign" coach took the English womens team, showed them discipline, showed them team unity and how to make a defensive unit.

In the first half they soaked up pressure, sat deep and was a defensive phalanx with the defensive line generally knowing exactly where the others were. The team shape looked very solid and each crunching tackle and good positioning play were cheered by the fans.

Then like a coiled spring, the team started punishing Germany on counter attacks in the second half and into extra time - always keeping a good shape. Overall, Germany was the stronger side for much of the match but ultimately England became European champions.

I just can't get my head round how fantastic defensive discipline and a solid team shape is a bad thing? Why can't the team being well-drilled, disciplined and stronger than the sum of its parts be a good thing for some fans (let alone for TM where we hadn't really seen this before and were so used to deimi style shapeless football)? Surely it should be other fans who are whingeing about "parking the bus" etc..., not our own fans?

Or are English fans in general more impressed with defensive performances than a small number of Iranian fans

Comment

It's amazing how impressed our fans can be with defensive shapes of other nations. Yet at the same time failing to realize it was a final match and the "defensive" team scored 2 goals. Sorry closest we got to any final was AC and got pummeled 3-0. Defense is great but without scoring goals you cannot win regularly...certainly not against better opposition in later tournaments stages.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

CQ coming for his money like a boss (and not like the chickenshit Wiltits).

Queiroz: I will come to Cairo for my dues.. and I will resort to the Minister of Sports | Special

Thursday 04/August/2022 - 04:21 PM

The Portuguese Carlos Queiroz, the former coach of the Egyptian national team, confirmed that he will travel to Cairo to obtain his overdue dues from the Football Association, stressing that he will resort to Ashraf Sobhi, Minister of Youth and Sports, if he does not receive his dues.

Queiroz said in exclusive statements to Sada El-Balad: "I will travel to Cairo to get my dues directly from the Egyptian Football Association."

He added, "If they don't pay, we will try to talk with the former president of Jabalia Ahmed Mujahid because we signed the contract with him, and from there we will try to talk also with the Minister of Sports."

And he continued, "I did not threaten the federation with resorting to FIFA or the sports court. Vingada and I will travel to Cairo to get the dues. This attitude and behavior is not acceptable from the Egyptian federation, they do not pay and they do not tell us anything."

Queiroz demands that he obtain dues for the African Nations Cup and qualify for the final stage of the World Cup qualifiers.

https://www.elbalad.news/5384469

Comment

Working...
                                X