Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Queiroz: In retrospect, how do you assess his reign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
    I would say 90% since me and i think everyone else wasnt happy always with selections like Amiri over Ghoddos and choosing Hajsafi always and so on but in general i think someone would have that problem with every coach .

Would love to see him back
    Azize man, you cant judge a coach based on his player selection. There are always and will be always players that some people dont like. The overall performance is not about single player selection.

Comment

MEH.... Not impressed. "The Angolan Tire" had a much better record with much less investment.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
        MEH.... Not impressed. "The Angolan Tire" had a much better record with much less investment.
        Not according to you.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
          Not according to you.
          Dyslexia is not funny. But

Comment

Dyslexia is not funny. But
            Count your smileys if it's not too much trouble.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Count your smileys if it's not too much trouble.
              Did you read the whole paragraph and previous posts? Maybe it's time that you did...

Comment

Did you read the whole paragraph and previous posts? Maybe it's time that you did...
                You have not successfully counted the smileys yet. Let us know if you need help.

Comment

You have not successfully counted the smileys yet. Let us know if you need help.
                  Hey I am just trying to help you.

Comment

Hey I am just trying to help you.
                    Sorry if the request was too challenging. Try this one instead.

Comment

the real answer is "TOO GOOD FOR US...!!"
                      The Proof is the fact that we have clearly failed miserably at our attempt to improve up on him, even by splashing twice the cash..!
                      & the high prospects of failing to do so anytime in near future...!!

Comment

CQ was without a doubt the best Coach in TM-History;his fighting spirit, gheyrat, coaching experience and resume, love for our people and players, honesty, dedication and defensive tactics and organization are unparalleled. He created a disciplined Team with excellent Team spirit and Chemistry. Moreover he was the only one who could take us to two successive WC , where the second qualification was stress free. In our current circumstances CQ was the best possible Coach for TM.

If we want to look at some minor negative aspects on CQ reign (which is a huge luxury and almost blasphemy given our current situation), i would criticize that they were games were we should have had more self-confidence in our attacking game (f.e. against Japan, Portugal and even Spain).

The other thing is, that under CQ we had only played two Asian Powerhouses in non-friendly games: 1.) South Korea defeating them 3 times in a Raw which is impressive and 2) Japan where we unfortunately lost in a bad way with 3-0. Unfortunately we were not able to Test ourselves against KSA and Australia. Also i think that we had our problems with Iraq even under CQ: we have won one friendly and lost one at home, we were eliminated from AC 2015 by Iraq and we didn't perform to well against Iraq in AC 2019 (Game have ended 1-1) either.

Against all other Asian Teams that we had played namely: Oman, Kirghistan, Kuwait, Vietnam, Yemen, China, Palestine, Guam, Maldives, Turkmenistan, India, Qatar, China, Uzbekistan, Lebanon, Bahrain, UAE we looked dominant.

Interesting to note is, that even under CQ we had struggled to defeat Arab Teams on their turf, f.e.: Draw against Bahrain in Maname in WCQ 2014, Draw against Jordan in Amman in a friendly, Losing to Lebanon in WC 2014, Draw against Oman in ACQ 2015, Draw against Kuwait in ACQ 2015, Draw against Syria in home and away game in WCQ 2018. I think our bad results against Arab Teams, when facing them in an away game, is just a mental thing which no Coach on the planet can take away from us...

Comment

we were lucky to have him

Comment

The truth is the underlying building blocks of our football did not advance over the past 8 years. Federation is still the same mismanaged place as it used to be, youth programs nothing better, clubs still struggling with basics, league is not really professional in true sense of the word and many many many more..

What happened over the past 8 year was just a coincidence.. We got lucky to get a brilliant coach like CQ who was able to build a good team from bunch of otherwise average to okay football players some of whom were smart to learn well from the master in the process and made a name for themselves others not really going too far... The success was short term and deeply rooted and dependent on one man who is no longer there.

We are back to square one. Our football is still not good enough to naturally produce good national team. Period.

Comment

67-4. Says it all really.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                                the real answer is "TOO GOOD FOR US...!!"
                                The Proof is the fact that we have clearly failed miserably at our attempt to improve up on him, even by splashing twice the cash..!
                                & the high prospects of failing to do so anytime in near future...!!
                                Too good for you maybe for me and his boss and Iranian football elders not good enough. We deserve much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X